Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Avrik, It isn't the most fanatical organised religion. If your evidence is a website which shows graphic videos of people being killed, then you need to reconsider your side of the argument. If I googled fanatics of all other religions, I'm pretty sure I would find a lot of incriminating stuff. Islam isn't a religion which promotes violence.

I recently watched a documentary which was aimed at Pastor Terry Jones. It highlighted many parts of Christianity where it promoted violence worse than what Terry Jones quoted about Islam. Yet you don't see people going around burning the bible. Why is that? Oh wait maybe the quotes were taken out of context which was the aim of the documentary.

Regarding Pastor Terry Jones, Isn't he a fanatic? An extremist? A terrorist?

Did you kill an organize the deaths of thousands of innocent people? Or did you kill 25 random joes?

PikachewTofu said:
I just heard that Obama will not be releasing any photos of Osama Bin Laden. Weird? Yes.

OK, let's pretend the US Military shot you. Would you want photos of your dead body flashing around the TV/Internet? I don't think so. I don't think this is wierd at all. We've already confirmed it was him. What do we need a photo of his dead body for?

Chemical said:
My point is they are saying they are not killers yet they are. It's like if I killed a guy who murdered 25 people in my states, am I not a killer then?

kashmaster said:
@ Avrik, It isn't the most fanatical organised religion. If your evidence is a website which shows graphic videos of people being killed, then you need to reconsider your side of the argument. If I googled fanatics of all other religions, I'm pretty sure I would find a lot of incriminating stuff. Islam isn't a religion which promotes violence.

I recently watched a documentary which was aimed at Pastor Terry Jones. It highlighted many parts of Christianity where it promoted violence worse than what Terry Jones quoted about Islam. Yet you don't see people going around burning the bible. Why is that? Oh wait maybe the quotes were taken out of context which was the aim of the documentary.

Regarding Pastor Terry Jones, Isn't he a fanatic? An extremist? A terrorist?

No I do not think he is a fanatical person for he is not doing anything out of national law, however, do I think he is stoaking a fire? Yes indeedy.

You can google and find any information of current religious fantics, of any religion? I test you, do it, lets see some of this googled information x3

Yes Avrik, lets say he did organize it. Would I be called a Killer for his death or not? Just because you killed someone who organized the death of people doesn't exclude you of being a killer.

Of course you would be a killer, I think the context they are forgetting to mention is that by 'killer' they mean Murderers.

XieRH said:
mlouden03 said:
Jihad means holy war..which for all intents and purposes is the same thing as terrorist attacks

Er no. It means "struggle", and the word is very open to certain interpretation on what you are struggling specifically for in a religious context

And even if it did mean as you said, a "holy war" is not terrorism. If it were, then the Roman Catholics were pretty big time terrorists back in the days of the Crusades, since they did classify that as a holy war.

IMO anyone who associates Jihad with Holy War has the same narrowed mindset as a terrorist, because AFAIK only the terrorists and extremists and radicalists use "Jihad" to define "Holy War". Well, them and the other stupid folk who make assumptions and jump to conclusions.

Please read the post below:
kashmaster said:
Jihad doesnt mean holy war, please get an education before making stupid remarks.

PMJ said:
Osama bin Laden is the love child of Waldo and Carmen Sandiego.

Judging by his powers of hiding, I'm inclined to believe it's the other way round: They were his love children, and they were yet to learn all they can from him in the art of concealment.

From Dictionary.com

ji·had   /dʒɪˈhɑd/ Show Spelled
[ji-hahd] Show IPA

–noun
1. a holy war undertaken as a sacred duty by Muslims.
2. any vigorous, emotional crusade for an idea or principle.

Omahanime, that isn't the definition. Jihad means 'Struggle'. That definition is only taken into account when being oppressed. E.g Libya could be considered to a certain extent a holy war for the rebellions. They are being oppressed by their leader and it is their 'struggle' to break free from Gaddafi's forces.

The main Jihads are lesser and greater and those are the most mentioned types of Jihad.

And no one listened.

As if mature discussion could have come from this forum thread, anyway. What was I thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back