ORAS OR/AS Demo Distribution

Photonkrios95

Aspiring Trainer
Nintendo of Europe has started to announce their various distribution channels for the demo codes.

In the UK and Ireland, download codes will be available from GAME stores via Nintendo Zone from Oct. 15 until launch. Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases starting Oct. 15. The codes will also be available at MCM London from the Oct. 24 to 26. Additionally, the codes will be available through a number of other Nintendo partners until mid-November, including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life.

In the Netherlands, download codes will be available at Firstlook 2014 on Oct. 11 and 12, as well as at the Nintendo autumn tour.

In Portugal, download codes will be available FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés stores. The codes will also be available at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisboa Games Week and Comic Con Portugal.

In Belgium, download codes will be available at F.A.C.T.S. in Ghent on Oct. 18 and 19, and at the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour (more information about this tour will be revealed at a later time).

RE: ORAS Demo Distribution.

I'd assume that the demo codes are available in Game City in Vienna, Austria Oct 10-12. Last year they had the XY demo playable in Game City.

Hope the nintendo autumn tour comedy to a nearby city. I won't go to firstlook.

I don't like the way they're handling this at all, there's no real reason to limit the distribution of these demo codes. This is like, EA level bullshit.

Bolt the Cat said:
I don't like the way they're handling this at all, there's no real reason to limit the distribution of these demo codes. This is like, EA level bullshit.
Maybe they want to make the demos feel more desireable and special... it sure worked with Smash Bros...

Teal said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Maybe they want to make the demos feel more desireable and special... it sure worked with Smash Bros...

It already is since we get to transfer a Pokemon and Mega Stone to the full game. Limited distribution is unnecessary after that.

RE: ORAS Demo Distribution

I'd be very surprised if the demo doesn't come to the e-shop at a later date anyway.

Teal said:
I'd be very surprised if the demo doesn't come to the e-shop at a later date anyway.

I really think this is whats gonna happen. A bunch of demo hype, scrambling for codes, and come November its available free in the eshop and probably stays that way for more months, if they bother getting rid of it at all. I'd like to play the demo, but if I can't, at least there will be tons of coverage on it. I'm gonna try and be patient for it.

9 times out of 10 it's probably going to be through GameStop to get the demos. And last time I checked everyone had trouble getting the Pinsir/Heracross codes.

Im not looking forward to having to find a Gamestop to go to for these codes if thats what they end up doing. Why they can't do thing through just the e-shop is beyond me. You're not generating hype by making these codes 'harder' to get, you're making people mad and ruthless. I at least made a new friend on twitter when I got my Smash Bros code. I dont want to have to beg for a ORAS code too or need to go an hour out of my way to find a gamestop that hasn't closed in the past year. It's ridiculous. Just make it available for everyone at once in the e-shop, and leave it at that. Is it really that complicated?

I think with them putting in an exclusive new mega stone, they'll wanna make sure everyone can get it by the time the games come out, but who knows... at least it seems like they're trying as many event methods as possible so far..

I noticed that not only is the mega stone transfarable, but the pokemon that uses it to mega evolve is too o___O
Now if it was something generic like Mega Exploud, I doubt they'd say it like this. I'm convinced now it's going to be a legendary..
No way it'd be the Latis, as they'll be featrued in the actual game anyway. And Deoxys having a Mega despite its 4 formes doesn't sound right at this point... and that would only leave Jirachi.
I have a feeling that whatever they wanted to use the white rock in front of the space center for, they'll feature it in this demo..

I hate that Nintendo had announced the dates for the distribution in most places EXCEPT for North America.
What's the holdup?!

Since some countries are running the demo event over Nintendo Zone, I hope that the U.S. will do the same. But knowing this is Gamefreak they'll probably make them some TRU or GameStop event. That secret Mega better be worth it.

Mitja said:
I noticed that not only is the mega stone transfarable, but the pokemon that uses it to mega evolve is too o___O
Now if it was something generic like Mega Exploud, I doubt they'd say it like this. I'm convinced now it's going to be a legendary..
No way it'd be the Latis, as they'll be featrued in the actual game anyway. And Deoxys having a Mega despite its 4 formes doesn't sound right at this point... and that would only leave Jirachi.
I have a feeling that whatever they wanted to use the white rock in front of the space center for, they'll feature it in this demo..

Considering that Rayquaza was (somewhat randomly) advertised and has been said to have some kind of secret relating to Mega Evolution, as well as being included in the next anime Mega Evolution Special... Mega Rayquaza doesn't seem unlikely.

KiKi said:
I hate that Nintendo had announced the dates for the distribution in most places EXCEPT for North America.
What's the holdup?!

Better than many countires who have to wait for events only to never get them. It's already confirmed NA will be getting the demo, and at the same time as everyone else, quit ya whinin.

His Goominess said:
Considering that Rayquaza was (somewhat randomly) advertised and has been said to have some kind of secret relating to Mega Evolution, as well as being included in the next anime Mega Evolution Special... Mega Rayquaza doesn't seem unlikely.

Except Rayquaza will be catchable in-game and it makes no sense for it to be in the demo, especially with the demos focus on Mossdeep city. Jirachi is far more likely to receive a mega.

HRRlion said:
His Goominess said:

Except Rayquaza will be catchable in-game and it makes no sense for it to be in the demo, especially with the demos focus on Mossdeep city. Jirachi is far more likely to receive a mega.

I think Jirachi would really depend on whether they want to have an event legendary with regular access, as that may screw up their plans if they plan to release a Jirachi event.

Making the demos available only to platinum Club Nintendo members... probably their way of getting back at people for not buying more Wii U's or spending more money on Nintendo products or to make Platinum Status feel special (although getting a free game was good enough for me). Or possibly to control server traffic.

Either way it's not a big deal to me. I was excited when I got my Super Smash Bros codes and then I realized it was too late to use them. And then the next day it was released to the public.

The wait for this demo, however, is a bit longer... but I'm in no hurry to get it since, it's just a remake (although it'll be a fabulous remake), and I'll have Super Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 to keep my content till the full game comes out. Of course if I do get the codes I'll use one and give the others to my friends.

His Goominess said:
HRRlion said:

I think Jirachi would really depend on whether they want to have an event legendary with regular access, as that may screw up their plans if they plan to release a Jirachi event.

"regular access"?
This is as regular as obtaining the liberty ticket to catch Victini in BW.
(unless the demo would be indefinitely available via simply e-shop...which would be odd when they're making it sound so special)

And it's not like they're fans of distributing Jirachi even by event-standards unless you're in japan, where they give out an exclusive one EVERY YEAR.

It wouldn't be Rayquaza...we'd transfer over Rayquaza with a mega stone and then catch rayquaza in the postgame without the mega stone? and thats ignoring that we're all expecting it to get a primal form rather than a mega anyway, but who knows what they'll do with it.

Mitja said:
His Goominess said:

"regular access"?
This is as regular as obtaining the liberty ticket to catch Victini in BW.
(unless the demo would be indefinitely available via simply e-shop...which would be odd when they're making it sound so special)

The demo being infinitely accessible was what I was referring to as being 'regular access'.

Although I do recall reading somewhere that the demo would have an infinite amount of uses... which would seem odd if they do plan to release Jirachi through it. (of course this could be entirely fiction and I'm just imagining things)

Although, one thought just gone through my head.... maybe they plan to release Mega Milotic this way? Its a painful chore to catch a Feebas in the original (although I can't truthfully say I ever had to evolve one so I'm not sure what thats like), so it might be their way of allowing us to get easy access to one?
(of course.... its really not hard access to get one with the gts nowadays)

Back