ORAS OR/AS Demo Distribution

RE: ORAS Demo Distribution

Drohn said:
I got tickets to Firstlook in the Netherlands today so I'll get the Demo Code October 11th. I'm not sure if I can use it right away or that I have to wait until the 15th to play the Demo. I'll keep you informed.

Can everybody from the Netherlands use the same demo code? ;0

Aerodactyl said:
Bolt the Cat said:
I think that NA might still be working out how it's going to be distributed, that's probably why we don't have an announcement. Which leads me to believe it's not going to be a simple Gamestop event, because if that were the case there wouldn't have been much to work out and it would've been one of the first to be announced.

I agree. If they are still negotiating with Gamestop, they don't really have any time left to get codes out, etc. And if it's already sorted with Gamestop, they'd have no reason to withhold that information. I'm guessing they're going to do a club Nintendo thing.

If it IS a real demo though, I think it will go free downloadable after a few weeks, just like Smash did. Otherwise, it's not really a demo if it's not free/easy to get for everyone. Then it's just a glorified event. Doesn't mean they won't do that, I just think it defeats the purpose of a demo.

...Or they could skip the demo for the NA region, forcing Americans to buy the FULL game if they ever want a taste of ORAS... I hope that's not true, though...

But if the demo won't make it stateside, I hope it's not because of significant "youth internet" issues of any sort in the US compared to Japan and Europe, such as no significant youth access to Internet in US compared to rest of world, and/or a significant majority of all QR codes redeemed in the States are obtained and redeemed from the age 18+ group, because if that's true, then maybe a demo of a kid's game in the States isn't feasible until either the US culture changes, or, if it's because of QR code bans for those under 18(meaning no US child under 18 can legally obtain a QR code) unless Congress acts to change internet laws to encourage youth QR code redemptions, the demo won't fly in the US, as it's QR code-only... I hope that the US doesn't have restrictions on QR codes involving player's age, and I most certainly hope that I'm not left out, despite the fact that I am 27 years of age, due to limitations like that vs. rest of world... :(

^ I hope the above isn't true... Nintendo, please don't break the bad news... I hope there's no major stumbling block to a Stateside ORAS demo...

Teal said:
You guys have some weird fantasies...

Yeah, what else can I do but speculate for the purpose of encouraging others to ask Nintendo about their current silence in terms of confirmed plans for any NA ORAS demoes, and if they maintain their silence, to research other possible obstacles to safe passage for the demo, such as asking whatever company's at the other side of the table, consulting lawbooks that are relevant to US video gaming, electronics made for American use, and/or Internet-related law, among other possible things that could be a factor in whether or not a ORAS demo will fly in North America? One week until the demo is scheduled to be released in Japan and Europe, and no announcement? I can't wait much longer for the announcement: If it comes out in Japan and Europe before the US ever gets it, I would wonder if it makes sense to not leave out America from the demo... After all, if one country's late, I don't know if it's reasonable...

Chill, drink some Earl Grey or something. NA is sure to get the demo. There is absolutely no reason for it to not get the demo. Just believe me.

Also, it's just a demo (with a small gift) anyway. Nothing spectacular.

JiJi-T said:
Drohn said:
I got tickets to Firstlook in the Netherlands today so I'll get the Demo Code October 11th. I'm not sure if I can use it right away or that I have to wait until the 15th to play the Demo. I'll keep you informed.

Can everybody from the Netherlands use the same demo code? ;0

Teal said:
The codes are one-time use.
I expect them to be a one-time use only too.

You might be able to get it at one of these locations during the Autumn Tour:
https://www.nintendo.nl/Nieuws/Nintendo-evenementen/2014/Najaarstour-921699.html#Tijden_en_locaties

[split] Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

I am curious do people who live outside of US could get a hand on that Demo

For example I have the Play Pokemon account.. Do i need the account to be set in country Origin US to get a hand on the code

RE: Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Has there been no news in your country about it? Would you like to try with a code I have? It might not work, since I got it in Europe. PM me if you want to try!

The code doesn't work in the USA. We already tested that. But since you're from Asia and the demo is available in some Asian countries it might work.

Drohn said:
Has there been no news in your country about it? Would you like to try with a code I have? It might not work, since I got it in Europe. PM me if you want to try!

Malaysia usually are left out from Nintendo Event. I'll think about it Drohn. Thanks for the offer.. TBH, my 3DS hasn't arrived yet. It should be arrive on Friday

its 10am in Pennsylvania USA and no code yet. :(

Do we get to catch and keep any Pokemon in this? :)

The-Kaiser said:

Do we get to catch and keep any Pokemon in this? :)

We're not able to catch any Pokemon, except for the Mega Evolving one. Which is also the only one we get to send over.

(we also end up with all 3 starters + Mega Stones for them, but they can't be sent)

The-Kaiser said:

According to the updated news article on the front page, US codes will be sent out on the 21st.

I thought of something, think that a Canadian, U.S., whatever demo code could work on any NA 3DS?

Because the codes are based on regions, if you have a 3DS from the NA region, the codes coming through the Trainer Club newsletter on the 21st should work on your system.

So uh, out of curiosity, does anyone here somehow have access to Korean demo codes? And if so, could you provide me with one please? I'd like to get that Mega Glalie, but since there doesn't seem to be a way to get them without going to the stores in person and I can't find any on ebay or gmarket or what have you, I can't get one :|

Athena said:
The-Kaiser said:

According to the updated news article on the front page, US codes will be sent out on the 21st.

Ok Good I'll mark my Calender for that Date :)

In my town there's no way to get the code, the nearest place where I could get one is a 300km drive from here. *sadface*

If anyone could get me a spare EU code it would make my day.

I have some extra European ORAS demo codes. I'll send the code to you in a private message. If there are other Europeans that need a code you can contact me through PM as well. First come first serve. :p

Back