'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

The Markings on Groudon and Kyogre resemble Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W's Overdrive Mode and Xerneas's Active Mode... interesting.

If mega evo's are in this game (wich obiviusly will ) then i think we'll get mega swampert and mega sceptile :D .OMG NOW I THINK ABOUT IT freiking mega swampert and mega sceptile O___O .

Athena said:
Pokequaza said:
I haven't seen the Japanese logos, cannot seem to find them either.. Where did you see them?
You can see them here or look at Chariblaze's spoilered image above. :3

Oh, missed the spoiler.. but I see.

Interesting though, it appears they used the lowercase alpha ''α'' for Kyogre, yet they choose the uppercase omega for Groudon..

I was like owhhh exploring new world and just at that moment i tought we would get ingame pics , but sadly no :( .

I am so excited :D .

Pokequaza said:
Interesting though, it appears they used the lowercase alpha ''α'' for Kyogre, yet they choose the uppercase omega for Groudon..

I believe this is probably because those are the versions of those Greek letters that are more recognizable. Lowercase alpha "α" is definitely a non standard character whereas uppercase alpha "Α" is just like English A; similarly, "Ω" is very recognizable whereas "ω" just looks like a curvy w (or a narrow butt).

Athena said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the coloured game cases were international, too; at least, we can hope. :D

My husband has never played any 3rd Gen games, so we'll likely get one of each when the time comes. Gah, so excited already. And the games will be out right around my birthday, too. :D

I hadn't even realized that :U
My birthday is in November, I KNOW WHAT I WANT THIS YEAR :'D

Also, coloured cases. I need those.

I also need my 3D Steven, he's part of my OTP >.>

YES! YES! YES! Ruby was the game I truly got into Pokemon with! Now I can visit it in 3-D (most likely)! And it had so many great features I loved: secret bases, an expansive underwater, and a lot of my favorite Pokemon! I NEED MORE INFORMATION!

So, is this the reason why XY were so short?
Will they have some connectivity?
I really can't help myself and I just wanna go shake Game Freak's hands and bow in gratitude (even if the games comes with Mega-evo)!

Leaf_Ranger said:

I personally never really though of XY as short as some people have (though that's another discussion entirely), but considering that this game is coming out as soon as a year after the release of XY, I would guess that they started working on ORAS before XY were released for sure.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Will they have some connectivity?
I really can't help myself and I just wanna go shake Game Freak's hands and bow in gratitude (even if the games comes with Mega-evo)!

That's what I was thinking too when I heard the news about the new R/S

Interestingly enough, Omega and Alpha (particularly the cases used for the logos-uppercase Omega and lowercase Alpha) resemble the emblems of Team Aqua and Magma, respectively. Check it out:

Magma-logo_new_4.png
ScreenHunter_01%20May.%2007%2013.04.gif
ScreenHunter_03%20May.%2007%2013.10.gif
120px-Code2000_Greek_omega.svg.png

Aqua-logo_new_3.png
ScreenHunter_02%20May.%2007%2013.04.gif
ScreenHunter_04%20May.%2007%2013.10.gif
97px-Latin_lowercase_alpha.svg.png

Team Magma's emblem somewhat resembles the form of an uppercase Omega (as well as the glowing pattern on Groudon's arm), where as turning Team Aqua's logo sideways (rotating 90 degrees counterclockwise) makes it resemble the lowercase Alpha (as well as the glowing patten on Kyogre's fin). Perhaps that resemblance played a role in the choice of name revision for these titles. Though if the emblems weren't originally designed with that alphabetical similarity in mind from the get-go, I find this to be astonishingly coincidental.

Athena said:
Pokequaza said:

I believe this is probably because those are the versions of those Greek letters that are more recognizable. Lowercase alpha "α" is definitely a non standard character whereas uppercase alpha "Α" is just like English A; similarly, "Ω" is very recognizable whereas "ω" just looks like a curvy w (or a narrow butt).

You're probably right. It just seems a little strange to me.

So, TCG-wise, are we getting Mr. Briney's Compassion and Celio's Network reprints? Because that would be supporter-ised Ace-Specs... e.e

AuraKshatriya said:
Interestingly enough, Omega and Alpha (particularly the cases used for the logos-uppercase Omega and lowercase Alpha) resemble the emblems of Team Aqua and Magma, respectively. Check it out:

Magma-logo.png

Aqua-logo.png

ORAS%20Japanese%20Art.png

Team Magma's emblem somewhat resembles the form of an uppercase Omega (as well as the glowing pattern on Groudon's arm), where as turning Team Aqua's logo sideways (rotating 90 degrees counterclockwise) makes it resemble the lowercase Alpha (as well as the glowing patten on Kyogre's fin).

I was actually just thinking that right before I read yours.
I was thinking that as many people have already said, alpha and omega mean the beginning and the end respectively.
And groudon and kyogre were based off of the behemoth and the leviathan from biblical beliefs. And in the bible god says he is the beginning and the end (alpha and omega).
And if you look into it even further, alpha sapphire is for kyogre who brought endless rain which can be related to Noah's story. And water which is essential for all life hence it being represented as the beginning. (Alpha)
And omega ruby is for groudon who brings endless sun. (Though I can't think of anything from the bible that relates to that other than Jesus being tempted in the desert). But groudon also represents earth and you could also say fire. Which in the bible says hell has fire and brimstone. And you think of hell as the end. (Omega). It's where you go when you die, if you've been bad. Where as if you go to heaven, even though you did die, the bible says you still will live forever.

Anyway, just an out there kind of thought.

I just want to say that I just about died of happiness when I saw this news. Ruby and Sapphire are my favorite games in the series, and I have been waiting years for a possible remake to be announced. But now it finally happened! I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing what Game Freak will do with these new, wonderful games! ^^

This is really surprise . All the people think remake of R/S will come next year or another year . But suddenly it's coming out of nowhere . I'm so shock with this guy . SO SURPRISE !!!

oh... my... gosh

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game ever. I bought it 10 years ago when I was 10. Needless to say this is bring back a lot of memories.

brb I need to find a tissue

Luispipe8 said:
So, TCG-wise, are we getting Mr. Briney's Compassion and Celio's Network reprints? Because that would be supporter-ised Ace-Specs... e.e

Hoenn gym leader-owned Pokemon set as well please

Back