OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Not bad Giant, not bad at all :)

I did notice your using the old blanks though, I have the newer ones on my DA page + the resource site (the link of which you need to get from my DA page) :D

Charganium said:
To type E with the accent, hold down Alt and press 1, then 3, then 0. Then let go of Alt.

If you're using a Mac, Alt+E gets you the é.

BW resource sheet v2 :

bw_symbols_sheet_v2_by_aschefield101-d4syil1.png

Anyone know where I can find the holosheet that are like the Japanese BW ones? Example: link and link 2 to go along with asche's border: Border ?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them on aschefield's resource site. I was looking everywhere for this!

Mouwhahahah, enjoy Japanese style faking DXM, I personally think their holo style is far superior to ours over this side of the world.

Neko's also got some of the extra holosheets on the DA site, I've just not uploaded them on the wiki one yet :)

An anyone whip up a Dragon ({DRG}) type Lv.x Blank. Thank in advance!

I've not long been back from work Osh, gimme an hour or so and I'll upload it here for ya.

Thanks So much Asche!

Is there a Dppt Font guide for Photoshop?

I don't know if this might be a bit of an undertaking (it certainly seems like one to me), but can someone make a "Dark" Dragon blank? You know like the ones we saw back in ex: Team Rocket Returns? If anyone can pull it off, it would be greatly appreciated!

I recently switched over to a Mac and now have Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., so I figured it would be a good opportunity to make some blanks. They're not the best ever... but they are pretty good resolution (which is good for printed fakes). I've still got quite a ways to go when it comes to making templates.

The energy symbols on these are pretty blurry since I scaled them up, so I made these for them. Just place the symbols on the top row over the type symbol on the blanks. The second row is for energy costs and the last one is for weakness, resistance, and retreat cost.

new_species_type_energy_symbols_by_karite_kita_neko-d4tn0sq.png

I've yet to make an Ability symbol for these, so feel free to make one since I will probably never get to it. I've no plans to make Restored Fossil or EX templates in this style, so if you want them, you'll need to modify them yourself. Sorry. ):

Is It the same fonts for the new species blanks as B+W blanks?

I was told that BW fakes have their own specific holosheet. What is this sorcery?

That they do PMJ and I can assure you it was a complete pain in the ass to replicate lol :)
HoloSheet_-_BW_Dark.png

HoloSheet_-_BW_Light.png

Both need alot of playing about with, with filters as it depends alot on the background used. :)

Filters...what? Can you explain what you mean by that? Like, do I need both on a single card or what?

PMJ said:
Filters...what? Can you explain what you mean by that? Like, do I need both on a single card or what?

Heres a quote from my resource site PMJ:

Tips and Hints

If using Photoshop:
  • Open, paste in and move around the Light HoloSheet to where you want it.
  • Duplicate the Light HoloSheet.
  • Change the top sheets filter to Overlay, at 40% Opacity.
  • Change the second Light sheets filter to Multiply, at 100% Opacity.
  • Open and paste in the Dark HoloSheet (move to where applicable).
  • Change the filter on the Dark HoloSheet to Color Dodge and set it to 100% Opacity.
You should now have the following:
  • Top layer = Pokemon Image (transparent background)
  • Second layer = Light HoloSheet 1
  • Third layer = Light HoloSheet 2
  • Fourth layer = Dark HoloSheet
  • Fifth layer = Image background. (Generally a 3 colour gradient or, and from the newer sets, a fairly lightish background image)

Any other programs then I cannot help sadly, I only use Photoshop. :)

I am confused about your third step. Where is this filter to overlay option? I am using Photoshop CS5.

Select the layer in the 'layers' window. Right below the 'Layer' tab, you'll find the filthers. They should show up as 'Normal', 'Opacity : 100%'

Switch 'Normal' to 'Overlay' and 100 to 40 :D

Okay, thanks. I did all this, but it doesn't look "holo" at all. Just... black space. The background I'm using is gray. Anyone got an example of what it should look like when done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back