Zygarde

Z-Dawg
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

I can't help you with that PMJ, since I don't do BW fakes at all... :(

You should ask Futachimaru, or DMX.

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!

I don't think the holo will show up well if the background is solid gray. Try adding some other colors and see how that goes.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I did. This is what came out:

4TO8T.png

The background image, for reference: [link]

Did I do something wrong, or is this really how it's supposed to be? <<

Giantoshawott

Shining arceus in bw 6. A dream come true.

Asche, could you give me a list of Fonts for DPPT cards, and what font sizes they are?

Wait, never mind, two questions, what sizes, and what do you need Humanist For?

Giantoshawott

Shining arceus in bw 6. A dream come true.

What do you use Futura/Gill Sans for and where on the card. So technically I would like a Font Guide?

DXM147

Gregghead

PMJ, sometimes I don't even use the lighter holosheet, it depends on the situation. Sometimes I just play around with the colored one. It's not perfect, but it's better in some cases.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Holofoil for BW-style promos? I heard it's not as atrocious as the regular one...

aschefield101

is behind you !

Holonatorcrisp.png

• x2 layers (duplicate the image)
  • #1 Color Dodge Filter
  • #2 Multiply Filter

Multiply must always be at the bottom, and you can play around with opacity on multiply, as that one decides how "shiny" it becomes :)

I generally have the color dodge one as 70-100% opacity and multiply image as 50-80% area. Completely depends on the background used and how much you wish to see (and how shiny you wish it to look)

I don't however use CMP's image (the one above) I have my own which I meshed together :)

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!

Do we have any holo sheets that give the effect of the CoroCoro Shiny Mew and the JPN Shining Gyarados and Magikarp?

aschefield101

is behind you !

Yeah neko did a few of those, however not sure if they exist still (could've swore he had computer issues at some stage)

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!

Not quite what I'm looking for. ;)

I need a holo sheet like this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/shining%20gyarados%20japanese/FFRPG_pictures/Pokemon%20Card%20Collection/Ultra%20Rare%20and%20Special%20Cards/IMG_2063.jpg

See how the Magikarp and Gyarados sparkle?

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

theducktamer said:
Not quite what I'm looking for. ;)

I need a holo sheet like this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/shining%20gyarados%20japanese/FFRPG_pictures/Pokemon%20Card%20Collection/Ultra%20Rare%20and%20Special%20Cards/IMG_2063.jpg

See how the Magikarp and Gyarados sparkle?

Give this one a try:
jpn_neo_shining_foil_by_karite_kita_neko-d4wafve.png

Here's another, in case the one above doesn't work/look right:
jpn_shinyfoil2.png

EDIT: After doing a bit more research and finding some higher-quality scans of the Japanese Shining Magikarp, Gyarados, and Mew, I discovered that my previous foils were more inaccurate than I thought, so I made 2 new versions. It would seem that the Japanese Shining Pokemon cards mentioned above actually combine the classic "dots" foil with another pattern consisting of small dots arranged in a matrix-like pattern (what I tried to replicate below; not perfect, but better than my other attempts). It would appear that the classic foil is only applied to the background of the illustration, while the "shiny treatment", as I call it, is applied to the entire card, but fainter outside the illustration.

pk_holo__jpn_shining_treatment_by_karite_kita_neko-d4wd5ev.png

jpn_shining_treatment_v2_dot_matrix_by_karite_kita_neko-d4wdcyg.png

So, yeah, if you want to make Shining Pokemon like these, you'll use 2 different foil sheets. I guess you would start out by making it like a classic holo, then apply one of these foils over it. You'll have to play around with blending modes to make it look right depending on your card. Settings will probably be different with each type and illustration. 90% Dodge seems to work best with the last one. [Example]

EDIT 2: If all else fails, try this one:

jpn_shining_treatment_v3_dot_matrix_by_karite_kita_neko-d4wdnay.png

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

^Epic things from Aki again, I see? :D

I downloaded the Photoshop CS6 beta and decided to have a tinker; here are some Classic-series textures for you :D

Psychic
Fire
Grass
Fighting
Lighting
Colourless
Water
Trainer

Trainer is a little bit slap-dash but it's the best you're going to get when you consider how little of it is actually visible on the card. Ripped from PokéBeach scans, please acknowledge this in your attribution. Do not, however, credit me. If you do I will set you on fire. Have fun! :D

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

> psychic texture
> dat filename

I see what you did there

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

I was wondering how long it'd be before someone picked up on the filenames. Apparently not very :p

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...

I think I'm in the same boat as Giantoshawott - is there a font guide for DPPt / SP series blanks (similar to the guide for the HGSS blanks)? I've looked through the first post and didn't see one, and a quick Keyword search in the thread didn't find anything. I'm most likely just not seeing it. xD

I don't want to bug PMJ / CMP / other card makers to make cards for me anymore so I'm just trying to learn how to do this myself. ;0

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

If you're after Fang's one, I've uploaded it here - http://www.mediafire.com/?rhhg42e9zyra3wd

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.