OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Flame Claw said:
If you're after Fang's one, I've uploaded it here - http://www.mediafire.com/?rhhg42e9zyra3wd

:D

Thanks, that'll help. :)

I don't have a program that can use that type of file right now (used to, though), so would you happen to know exactly which fonts are used in the file? I opened it but since my program didn't recognize the text as editable font, I couldn't see which fonts were used.

Xous, I wouldn't mind making any cards for you. I guess I kinda owe you after how much artwork and backgrounds you've given me xP

Futachimaru said:
Xous, I wouldn't mind making any cards for you. I guess I kinda owe you after how much artwork and backgrounds you've given me xP

xD I appreciate the offer, but I'd still like to learn how to make cards properly myself - it's something I've always wanted to do. My past attempts at making fake cards have been alright, but the fonts and alignment have always been off. Now with the resources here I should be able to get everything right. (I'll just need to get the right fonts and the proper program.)

If I do ever need help with making a card I'll definitely ask you, though. :3

If you're looking for the fonts for the DP era cards, then try this:

Name: Gill Sans Bold, size 28, horizontal scale 88%
LV: Gill Sans Extra Bold, size 12, horizontal scale 72% (the period after the "LV" is Gill Sans Extra Bold, size 10, horizontal scale 90%)
Level Number: Futura Lt Extra Bold, size 16, horizontal scale 63%
HP: Gill Sans MT Extra Bold, size 12, horizontal scale 68%
HP Number: Futura LT Medium Bold, size 24, horizontal scale 100%
Evolves From: Futura LT Medium Bold Italic, size 8, horizontal scale 100%
---
Pokémon Number, Nickname, etc: Frutiger LT 55 Roman Regular, size 8, horizontal scale 99%
Attack/Power/Body Name: Gill Sans Condensed Bold, size 25, horizontal scale 92%
Attack/Power/Body Description: Gill Sans, size 11-15, leading one more than size (if the size is 12, the leading is 13), horizontal scale 90%
Damage Number: Futura LT Medium Bold, size 22, horizontal scale 98%
--
PokéDex Entry: Sanvito Pro Regular, size 14, leading 15, horizontal scale 101%, italicized
LV.X Entry: Frutiger LT 55 Roman Regular, size 10, leading 11.5, horizontal scale 103%, bolded - Apply a white glow and a white shadow
Illustrator Name: Futura LT Medium Regular, size 9, horizontal scale 102%, italicized
--
+ for Weakness: Futura LT Book Regular, size 14, horizontal scale 100%, baseline shift 1, bolded
x for Weakness: Futura LT Medium Regular, size 15, vertical scale 98%, horizontal scale 105%, baseline shift 1
- for Resistance: Futura LT Medium Regular, size 14, tracking -25, horizontal scale 150%, bolded
Weakness/Resistance Number: Futura LT Medium Regular, size 15, horizontal scale 92%, baseline shift 1, bolded
DPBP: Futura LT Medium Bold Italic, size 9, horizontal scale 102%
Set Number: Futura LT Medium Bold Italic, size 9, horizontal scale 102%

Here is the stuff for the text. I'm not sure if the program you use has stuff like horizontal scale, tracking, baseline shift, etc. Also, for the things I put as bolded or italicized, you could use the the bolded/italicized version of the font (so you could use Futura LT Medium Bold for the Weakness/Resistance number instead), but the result won't be as accurate. However, this trick cannot be done for Sanvito Pro (the PokéDex Entry), since I do not believe that there is a Sanvito Pro Italic.

That's perfect! Thanks so much. :)

I'll have to mess around with my text editing options to see if I can do what's necessary, but if not then I'll try to find a program that can.

http://flamingclaw.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4wi3ee

The master PSD of my Obliteration concept for anyone who wants a tinker :D

For a first attempt, how does this look?

reshiram_x_fake_card_by_xous54-d4wwudo.png

Since my art program doesn't have many text editing options I had to eyeball a lot of the details, so there are still errors. Are there any tips to getting the details I got wrong to look right? (And would GIMP be capable of doing the things Futachimaru listed in his post about the fonts? If not, then what program would?)

Nice first (ish) attempt, Xous :]

The symbols that are using aren't the correct symbols; they look like the symbols used on HS blanks. Try using the top row of symbols on Latios101's symbolsheet. They're a tad bit small, but are high quality.

For fonts, I'm not sure if the program you use (Corel Painter, I believe?) has anyone to edit the text to make it look more accurate since I'm not familiar with that program. I also know for a fact that GIMP is unable to produce a similar effect to Photoshop, since Gimp is very limited to its text options.

Love the artwork, though.

Futachimaru said:
The symbols that are using aren't the correct symbols; they look like the symbols used on HS blanks. Try using the top row of symbols on Latios101's symbolsheet. They're a tad bit small, but are high quality.

For fonts, I'm not sure if the program you use (Corel Painter, I believe?) has anyone to edit the text to make it look more accurate since I'm not familiar with that program. I also know for a fact that GIMP is unable to produce a similar effect to Photoshop, since Gimp is very limited to its text options.

Ah! I had the wrong symbol sheet. xD I did have to use HGSS's symbols because the DPPt ones I had were too small. I'll start using that sheet now.

I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro, and by the sounds of it, GIMP's ability to edit text seems to be just as limited as that. So you use Photoshop to put the text on the cards? (If so, what version?) In Jasc the font has to be stretched and adjusted by hand if you're trying to get it to look right, which is what produces most of the visual errors. If Photoshop applies the text cleanly and allows for easy editing, then that's what I'm going to have to get, I guess.

Photoshop is king when it comes to image editing but unless you can pirate it or drop some beaucoup bucks on it then GIMP is probably the best you're gonna get

PMJ said:
Photoshop is king when it comes to image editing but unless you can pirate it or drop some beaucoup bucks on it then GIMP is probably the best you're gonna get

The tablet I got two Christmases ago came with a free download of a Photoshop-like product (it'll probably be another Adobe Photo Elements) so if I'm ever able to redeem that hopefully that'll do the trick... Otherwise I'll give GIMP a shot.

The problem I'm having is there's no way for me to have the text set up in a way I can just go in and edit it the way I want to for each card. Each time I start a new area of text I have to change the font type, size, and everything else which results in the font looking off (since I have to manually fit the words / numbers to look right).

That .psd Flame Claw posted earlier seems to be the best way to do it - have a file like that that can just be pasted over the blank and edited as needed. Unfortunately the programs I have can't edit it the way it's supposed to be edited.

Or you can try the 30 day free trial..? xP

Oh, so that's the problem. I'm not sure of Paint Shop Pro is able to have files such as that, but I do know GIMP has that sort of file.

Futachimaru said:
Or you can try the 30 day free trial..? xP

Oh, so that's the problem. I'm not sure of Paint Shop Pro is able to have files such as that, but I do know GIMP has that sort of file.

The free trial would be interesting... I don't have many cards to make so 30 days would be more than enough if I got the hang of it. ( ...Though coming up with the time to devote to it would be another matter. xD )

It seems GIMP would be my best option, then. I'll have to give it a shot soon.

Is there a font guide for BW-style t/s/s cards?

http://flamingclaw.deviantart.com/art/Power-Orb-PSD-297287231

Is incomplete and not necessary 100% accurate but it may be of some help :D

what's incomplete about it? It's got a name, illus, text... what is missing?

The text does look kinda off though. Is it different from text on pokemon?

The font is slightly off; I'll whip up the one I made later.

never mind. neo Font guide? And can anyone make a blank neo blank for stage 1, 2, and basic? as in without a texture.
Never mind. I'm stupid. Can I have a photoshop HGSS font guide? I made up my mind. The other stuff I requested will be good to add to the thread though.
also I presume the legend font guide is different. If so, can someone post it as well?
Some GIMP questions: Can GIMP use the same fonts as photoshop, does it do layers, and is it effective for me to use to do cards like this: http://giantoshawott.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4u70az ? If so, then is it easy to use? Can anyone give me an example of what a card in HGSS/DPPT style looks like using GIMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back