OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Actually, I'd like to know if you guys have any knowledge of creating HGSS-style basic Energy cards (with the images on them).

But a tutorial on Special Energy cards would be pretty cool, too.

I've made a PSD blank for HGSS Energy which can be found here. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of font placements.

For the basic Energy, PMJ, do you mean how to get the backgrounds/Pokémon silhouettes?

Yeah, and how to apply them to the energy cards.

I think the easiest way would be to find the shapes you want and use a color overlay or a gradient overlay. You could also try coloring over a picture you want to use (brush mode set to color), then using a combination of filters to make it look more simplified.

Not a problem! =) Let me know if it's not working. I've also made my own template for Special Energy from the Classic/Neo era, so let me know if you wanna try that too.

It's not quite what I'm looking for. I need some help making Basic energy cards. =]

I did what your after for my Gym Leaders Reloaded mini cards a while ago PMJ/Kat.

It was just a case of finding a sugi pic (or similar) and just using "color overlay", above a background image.

The main problem with these cards (when templating them) is the central orb-like image. I have small versions of it, but nothing that'd be big enough for todays cards of 420x590.

You generally have, from top to bottom via layers :
  • Type icon (central circle)
  • First white gradient background (generally a white circle with heavy white glow on it)
  • Second white gradient that is the same strength (glow) as the above, but this is the first part of the "spiky" bits (the 3, one top, one left, one right)
  • Third is the 2nd version of the above, but a lesser intense glow (and the top spike is left, whereas the above spike is placed right)
  • Duplicate the pokemon silhouettes btw, top layer needs a "film grain" style cover to it. (0% fill opacity, and then noise filter if on photoshop, then the one below is the basic color overlay, makes it appear grainy)
  • Then behind that is your pokemon color overlay silhouette image(s)
  • Background image goes here and voila.
Everything else is your Energy name/borders/shadows/etc.

Like I say, they are hard to do and time consuming to get out all the blanks for; tis why I generally try to avoid Trainer/Energy cards, they take so damn long :D

ENERGY-1.png

EnergyGlow2.png
EnergyGlow1.png

Thanks so much Asche! They seem really time consuming, but I'm on spring break this week so maybe I'll be able to crank one out! ;)

What blank are you referring to, Delta?

You can find a few resources here: http://www.pokemonspiral.com/resources.html I'm still working on it though.

Having EXTREME trouble with Delta Species blanks.

I can't for the life of me recreate the metal&<type> background textures. If I can't do these textures, sadly the HQ blanks won't be available :(

So if anyone could lend a hand, know of a way to make them I'd be grateful. I have the normal texture backgrounds, its just applying the metal parts to it.

Not 100% sure if this'll work, but there's a chance you may be able to place the 'type' texture over the metal one, then use the Polygonal Selection thingy with a feather to cut bits out letting the metal show through. It might work, may be worth a go.

How do you put the holosheet in front of the backround on a card yet still see a backround in photoshop? and the E with an forward accent

Flame Claw said:
Not 100% sure if this'll work, but there's a chance you may be able to place the 'type' texture over the metal one, then use the Polygonal Selection thingy with a feather to cut bits out letting the metal show through. It might work, may be worth a go.

Thats what I've attempted thus far, it looks hideous. Although I tried with the metal one over grass (my test texture) I just can't get it right at all :(

Giantoshawott said:
How do you put the holosheet in front of the backround on a card yet still see a backround in photoshop? and the E with an forward accent

In photoshop Giant you need to have a few duplicated layers of the holosheet :
  • Top layer you want the holosheet to have the "color dodge" filter, always at 60-100% opacity.
  • Middle layer is usually the "multiply" filter and roughly 60-80% opacity. This varies on the background used, so play about with that one.
  • The bottom layer isn't necessary, but can sometimes be nice for various backgrounds. Its the same as above, but "color burn". Opacity here needs to be very low, in the 5-10% region at most.
That above is always a rough guide. Each image + background needs different percentages and filters :)

Your layers should then look like :
  • Pokemon Image.
  • Holosheet 1 (color dodge)
  • Holosheet 2 (multiply)
  • Holosheet 3 (burn or just use holosheets 1+2)
  • Background image.

Giantoshawott said:

To type E with the accent, hold down Alt and press 1, then 3, then 0. Then let go of Alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back