OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Check the date of dark_umbreon's post, Giantoshawott: 10-29-2009 04:21 AM. Two years and some change, and his last visit was over two years ago as well. While it was nice of you to offer, keep in mind the date of the posts to which you reply!

The Futura LT fonts are actually one that I was needing a while back, too. Asche was kind enough to give me a DL, but it seems that it's been taken down. I'll try to get them on Megaupload or something soon, since they're missing from the first post.

EDIT: This should work for those fonts.

If I'm not supposed to post links like this, feel free to remove it, mods.

Thanks for the fonts, squirtli! If anything I think they should add the link in the OP so that others don't have to search for them like crazy.

Yeah sadly mediafire doesn't keep things on permanently. Do keep requesting though and we can upload/point links where/when necessary.

Stuff like this though will all change when my side project is sorted, so watch this space :)

Happy Year of the Dragon, guys!

pk_dragon_texture_by_karite_kita_neko-d4lj6sr.png

Applied example: [link]

How would you give credit to an illustrator if you are using a image from the anime for a fake?

Cris, the most common way I see it done is by crediting the Illustrator as "Pokemon Anime". (Of course, the e needs the accent, but my laptop can't easily do that.)

Ok thanks, I wasn't really sure. Anyways do you guys know the exact font I should use for the illustrator portion of the card?

What blank are you using (ex-series, classic, HGSS, BW, etc)? I know that for ex, it's the Futura LT Medium Italic. I'm not sure about others, though.

Cris said:
How would you give credit to an illustrator if you are using a image from the anime for a fake?

as "the Pokémon Group" or "Nintendo" :)

Cris said:
Ok thanks, I wasn't really sure. Anyways do you guys know the exact font I should use for the illustrator portion of the card?

I use Futura Std Bold Oblique, 8.2pt, Smooth (for Photoshop and the HGSS/BW era set of cards.)

For the E-cards I have used Gill Sans Std with similar to the above (where it allows and resized where necessary) and for classic ones (base, jungle, fossil, gym heroes, etc) Gill Sans Condensed; again same sorta stuff as above.

Thanks for the help guys, and I was referring to the ex-era cards. Anyways, I tried using Futura LT Medium Italic at a font size of 7 and honestly, it looks a bit off. Can anyone offer me some advice? I'm using Photoshop, btw.

The illustrator font for ex-era cards? Try Futura Std Book Oblique, size 7, crisp.

Wow you did an amazing job with that texture! The way you have the symbol colored makes it match the texture so much better. I'm really liking it. =]

aschefield101 said:
Dragon Madness!!!

BW_Basic_Dragon.png
BW_Stage1_Dragon.png
BW_Stage2_Dragon.png
BW_Restored_Dragon.png
BW_SR_Dragon.png
BW_SR_EX_Dragon.png
BW_EX_Dragon.png

Here are some Dragon Blanks created by Aschefield101. He posted them in his own thread earlier on today.

This could be of use to those using asche's new blanks:

This is just my interpretation and shouldn't be taken as gospel, but it could help if you're stuck as to fonts and stuff - I based a lot of the sizes off of PokéBeach scans and resized them relative to the blank size.

Awesome, Flameh. I'm sure it'll be quite useful! I'll add your guide to the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back