BW/BW2 Official Black and White Discussion Thread

You could just put a Ditto in the GTS, asking for a Ditto back, and if you don't get a foreign one back (which would be pointless for the other person, wouldn't you think?), you can just put it back in the GTS til you do.

Luckily, I got one for a Pidove, and the second one I got, I just left a Ditto in there overnight, and when I checked the next day, I had another Japanese Ditto. :)

Im also EV training pokemon!!

My one friend, who just plays for fun and doesn't really know about EV's, wants to battle me, but I already have a planned out team and EV's planned out before she beat Team Plasma and the E4. So my pokemon will probably beat hers, but oh well. She always beats me (this is my first EVed team) :p

^Yeah, you'll do fine. I've done that before in Generation 4, twice, and I had a lead Alakazam or Infernape. I won 6-0 both times. (Well, Infernape died from recoil damage and LO so that was technically a 5-0, but still...)

EV-trained teams will beat the senses out of non-EV-trained ones.

Or luck. Or team choices. Or just a bunch of things that are super-effective against you.
However, let's just say that the odds are strongly in your favor.

The battle hasn't happened yet. I was just saying all the potential "maybes".
Although, yes, that's another one you brought up.

and the battle won't happen for a little while yet. Her highest is 60 I think, all in the 50's. And I only have one that's in her level range, and one that I didn't even get yet. So yeah :p

I'm just now getting on to EV training my Pokemon.
So much work. Not to mention confusing.

IV/EV training that is.

@ilovemypikachu: You are aware that there is such thing as Flat Battle? Although it isn't quite as nice as what we had back in the DP days, it is the closest thing that we will get to a level-scaled fight right now. (Flat Battle = Battle Subway rules, complete with auto-leveling to 50. That way if you just want to do a quick match, you don't have to worry about level differences.)

Yeah, but I need them to have their movesets and stuff. I'm not telling her what pokemon I'm using. I want to surprise her :p

They will have their movesets completely intact even if you level-scale. In Flat Battle the only thing that's affected is the Pokemon's level, which returns to normal after the fight anyway.
You don't need to worry about your movesets being messed up.

I meant that I want to use my future movesets, my desired movesets. Which I can't, because one of my pokemon is a Larvesta, which doesn't learn cool moves until it evolves (at least in my opinion)

Back