Nintendo's E3 Digital Event Live Stream! [6/10]

Can someone explain to me why they gave groudon even more of a type disadvantage against kyogre? Seems weird. Rest of the stuff seems pretty awesome though (except for mega sceptile being the new mawile)

coolhippowdon101 said:
Can someone explain to me why they gave groudon even more of a type disadvantage against kyogre? Seems weird. Rest of the stuff seems pretty awesome though (except for mega sceptile being the new mawile)

Um... because lava=fire

alex020295 said:
coolhippowdon101 said:

Um... because lava=fire

well i see the logic of making it part fire type, but isnt it the point that kyogre and groudon are supposed to be ancient rivals/equals. By adding the fire type to groudon they have further imbalanced their relationship.

Any pictures showcasing the starter mega evolutions(official artwork)?
Although Sceptile doesn't have the best pose he's absol-utely gourgeos.
The map looks pretty weird but the same...sadly I see no battle frontier.
So new megas are confirmed for this game...so since mawile and sableye were version exclusives I see no reason not to make M sableye. Also I really want mega fossils Crawdaunt Cacturne Sharpedo and Flygon but not Salamence and Metagross(I don't want to have nightmares)!

alex020295 said:
Any pictures showcasing the starter mega evolutions(official artwork)?
Although Sceptile doesn't have the best pose he's absol-utely gourgeos.
The map looks pretty weird but the same...sadly I see no battle frontier.
So new mefas are confirmed for this game...so since mawile and sableye were version exclusives I see no reason not to maka M sableye. Also I really want mega fossils Crawdaunt Cacturne Sharpedo and Flygon but not Salamence and Met across(I don't want to have nightmares)!

I think the battle frontier (or its replacement?) is hidden under one of the clouds in the bottom right of the map. As for new megas, i certainly do hope for a mega sableye as well. All of your guesses seem highly likely except for the fossils. This is because the only fossil to have gotten a mega was aerodactyl, not kaputops or omastar. I'm not saying your guess is impossible, but in my opinion, unlikely. I do think that metagross and salamence are possible candidates as so they can compete with megas for already strong pokemon (like mega garchomp)

coolhippowdon101 said:

Probably because they want it to take advantage of the sun. Kyogre reaped great benefit from the rain, but Groudon being a ground type doesn't get STAB for all those fire moves, and etc.

"Face palm" I just realised mach bike=faster breeding! I just hope they include O-powers( bonding time!...eww gross stay away) and the lV checker.

From what they've shown when this particular cutscene is redone it's gonna be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJViCjDkLA

I used to think that battle looked hilarious but I can't wait to see what it looks like on the new games.

It could be the fact that I rarely use weather effects but for some reason the Drought and Drizzle look better than I have seen in XY. I dunno the sunlight looks like it really burns and the clouds are a bit darker than I've seen. Again could be just me.

So, basically, Primal Reversion is just a glorified Mega Evolution... expected...
I like that Groudon gains the Fire-type, I always thought it should have been at least part-Fire, though, it's true it only magnifies its weakness to Kyogre. At least, as a pure Ground, with Drought, the weakness to Water was nullified, now, it'll still be at least 2x weak... It's cool anyway, now it can make use of the sun for itself...
Primal Kyogre is freakin' huge! Primal Groudon didn't increase in size as much as Primal Kyogre... That makes it the second biggest pokémon after Wailord... which is also a whale...

I also liked the redesigned Hoenn map... I have no ideia what that island above Fortree City may be but looks insteresting... Also, the island on the southeast corner is either a Battle Frontier or something new à la Sevii Islands in FRLG or the Safari Zone and the new routes in HGSS...

Lastly, what does this all mean for Rayquaza? Will it get a Primal form too? I believe so, but will it be in these games too? They obviously are not gonna include Emerald's story in these remakes, it just doesn't fit. But it would be really unfair to leave Rayquaza out of the party, so to speak.
While the trademarked Delta Emerald may only be that, a trademark, with no actual game being released, I think there's still a possibility for the game to come out as it would complement these two remakes perfectly.
Since Kyogre and Groudon have an Alpha and an Omega next to their names, if Delta is indeed associated with Rayquaza, its Primal form would have a Delta symbol instead, within a green orb, maybe the Jade Orb from HGSS, and a third game could even introduce Team Sky or something like that looking to control Rayquaza, having a new story and be more like a sequel to these remakes than another remake... just some ideas...

Actually, I was thinking the other day... X and Y are equivalents to O-Ruby and A-Sapphire, one being red, the other blue, and then there's this 3rd monster related to each duo, both green and serpentine-like, that only appear to end the battle of the other two (as it says in Zygarde's dex entry)... My point is, what if, after ORAS, they released Pokémon Z and Delta Emerald as paired games (maybe with different names) where the stories of both regions would connect, with one having a Zygarde's new form (another thing implied by its dex entries and hidden moves), the other having Rayquaza's Primal form, as mascots?
I know, it doesn't make much sense, but still... just a theory...

Is by any change Sugimori changing his style or there's just a new/other artist? Steven now looks younger (and happier) and the Hoenn map seems like something out of Tetris, which is bad. There's also the new artwork showing Slateport, Mauville (or New M.) and Mt. Chimney which looks goods but unusual.

Btw, it seems that Stern's shipyard will look better. =D Oh, and more islands perhaps beneath those clouds!

Unfortunately, both Maxie & Archie seem weird: Maxie ate some spoiled food and is (not that much) upset (perhaps surprised) that a child is ruining his toilet break and Archie is a sea zombie being controlled by either Malamar or Jellicent. At least their bases seem fine. So...will there' be a lot of Nuggets to take in Aqua's base!? =D

Scorched Feathers said:
Rusty Sticks said:
Contests are back.

Now, let's hope they're Gen 3 style like they should be... >.>

Yeah... even because I don't like contests in DPPt.... the ones in RSE was perfect!

Anyway, I just noticed that the smoke that came out of the volcano seems the face of Linoone XD
page02_img_02.png

(or am I seeing things? XD)

Are they doing a presser for Ruby/Sapphire at E3? Or is the Pokemon coverage come to a close? Just wondering.

Edit: I'm dumb. Masuda is there. So it's a safe bet there is at least a bit more coverage to come.

Genius715 said:
The trailer is AMAZING! I just visited the website and they put up the Hoenn map. Once I saw it, I had to have it in my sig.

The new hoen looks like a beautiful island retreat out in the tropics

Drohn said:
I loved Groudon and Kyogre - when Kyogre was swimming it looked amazing. It was really short, but from what I saw I really loved the new graphics in Hoenn!

Looks like they put alot of money into making the trailer compared to previous game trailers

So if Archie and Maxie have mega stones... What does this mean? Mega Camerupt & Sharpedo? Who knows. Crobat and Mighyena were their other pokemon.

Back