Nintendo's E3 Digital Event Live Stream! [6/10]

Metalizard said:
So, basically, Primal Reversion is just a glorified Mega Evolution... expected...
I like that Groudon gains the Fire-type, I always thought it should have been at least part-Fire, though, it's true it only magnifies its weakness to Kyogre. At least, as a pure Ground, with Drought, the weakness to Water was nullified, now, it'll still be at least 2x weak... It's cool anyway, now it can make use of the sun for itself...
Primal Kyogre is freakin' huge! Primal Groudon didn't increase in size as much as Primal Kyogre... That makes it the second biggest pokémon after Wailord... which is also a whale...

I also liked the redesigned Hoenn map... I have no ideia what that island above Fortree City may be but looks insteresting... Also, the island on the southeast corner is either a Battle Frontier or something new à la Sevii Islands in FRLG or the Safari Zone and the new routes in HGSS...

Lastly, what does this all mean for Rayquaza? Will it get a Primal form too? I believe so, but will it be in these games too? They obviously are not gonna include Emerald's story in these remakes, it just doesn't fit. But it would be really unfair to leave Rayquaza out of the party, so to speak.
While the trademarked Delta Emerald may only be that, a trademark, with no actual game being released, I think there's still a possibility for the game to come out as it would complement these two remakes perfectly.
Since Kyogre and Groudon have an Alpha and an Omega next to their names, if Delta is indeed associated with Rayquaza, its Primal form would have a Delta symbol instead, within a green orb, maybe the Jade Orb from HGSS, and a third game could even introduce Team Sky or something like that looking to control Rayquaza, having a new story and be more like a sequel to these remakes than another remake... just some ideas...

Actually, I was thinking the other day... X and Y are equivalents to O-Ruby and A-Sapphire, one being red, the other blue, and then there's this 3rd monster related to each duo, both green and serpentine-like, that only appear to end the battle of the other two (as it says in Zygarde's dex entry)... My point is, what if, after ORAS, they released Pokémon Z and Delta Emerald as paired games (maybe with different names) where the stories of both regions would connect, with one having a Zygarde's new form (another thing implied by its dex entries and hidden moves), the other having Rayquaza's Primal form, as mascots?
I know, it doesn't make much sense, but still... just a theory...

As someone else on this forum put it: Groudon and Kyogre are not meant to be equals but land and sea. Well, what is there more of? 75% water, it is only fitting that Kyogre is has the advantage.

Also why would the safari zone be moved?

As for your idea about Delta Emerald and Z, it sounds cool but makes no sense compared to how things have been done. The pairs are always identifiable as belonging together and later the third installment (or B2/W2). Delta Emerald and Z make no sense to be paired together. Assuming that Rayquaza gets a Primal Forme, it will most likely be caught holding the item that does it (again assuming that it is just a glorified mega evolution) or take it to Mt. Pyre and they give you the item (makes sense only if the speculation that the "mega stones" are the Red/Blue Orbs.

Unrelated, the Battle Frontier had better be somewhere under that cloud.

tigre said:
So if Archie and Maxie have mega stones... What does this mean? Mega Camerupt & Sharpedo? Who knows. Crobat and Mighyena were their other pokemon.

I so want a Mega Crobat.

See? this is why RSE should have been left alone.

Pokemon_ORAS_June_10_screenshot_4.jpg

Thy can't pull that after doing this:

[img width=400 height=]http://vividgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/3DS_PokemonXY_scrn01.jpg[/img]

And pretend we don't care (well, they can, because you clearly don't care. At. All.).
You're supposed to get better, GF, not rehash the same games over and over, that's for CoD, and even them get improved graphics each game.

professorlight said:
You're supposed to get better, GF, not rehash the same games over and over, that's for CoD, and even them get improved graphics each game.

R/S haven't been rehashed even once. R/B and G/S have, but this is the first time for R/S. I see no problem with it. This is what GF does. Settle down and wait for gen 7 if you're so opposed.

RedGamer3 said:
As someone else on this forum put it: Groudon and Kyogre are not meant to be equals but land and sea. Well, what is there more of? 75% water, it is only fitting that Kyogre is has the advantage.

Also why would the safari zone be moved?

As for your idea about Delta Emerald and Z, it sounds cool but makes no sense compared to how things have been done. The pairs are always identifiable as belonging together and later the third installment (or B2/W2). Delta Emerald and Z make no sense to be paired together. Assuming that Rayquaza gets a Primal Forme, it will most likely be caught holding the item that does it (again assuming that it is just a glorified mega evolution) or take it to Mt. Pyre and they give you the item (makes sense only if the speculation that the "mega stones" are the Red/Blue Orbs.

Unrelated, the Battle Frontier had better be somewhere under that cloud.

You can't deny that Drought put Groudon on equal terms with Kyogre, if its ability activated after Kyogre's...

I didn't say anything about moving the Safari Zone... I was mentioning the Safari Zone added in HGSS that was not present in GSC...

About my idea, I never said it made sense... Just wishful thinking...
Also, they never did a remake of a third version... But GF is always breaking patterns and Emerald (and Platinum in Gen 4) are not like Yellow or Crystal where the plot barely change and the mascot was not as significant as the others... They may very well release Z in 2015 and then Delta Emerald or whatever the name may be in 2016 to put Rayquaza on the spotlight again, like Kyogre and Groudon now...
I would like to be right just so that I could wait for the Emerald remake and skip ORAS...

btw, are they going to upgrade the version mascots of every remake from now on? They probably gonna do something new for Dialga and Palkia for future DP remakes (and hopefully Giratina too if Rayquaza also gets the Primal treatment)... And, I know and I'm getting a lot ahead of time but, they may do the original dragon for BW remakes... If so, what about Lugia and Ho-oh? They didn't got anything new in HGSS... Mewtwo got regular Mega evos... Are the Tower duo the only big legends (or Ubers or the 600+ BST club, as I like to call it) without any new cool forms or mechanics? Maybe they do something in the future but on what excuse?

So, is battle frontier confirmed? It looks like it's on the map, but I'm not sure if I'm placing it in the right place and am just off.

Is it just me or are there pokemon images in the clouds of the new hoenn map? I see a dragon (possibly gyarados) in the upper right corner, but also others like the bottom left looks like a raichu tail. Anyone else see stuff in the clouds?

professorlight said:

[img width=400 height=]http://vividgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/3DS_PokemonXY_scrn01.jpg[/img]

And pretend we don't care (well, they can, because you clearly don't care. At. All.).

It's a picture of a forest. Because you know... that route has a forest. The trees in the background of the XY shot aren't much better.

I would hold off on judgement until you see what they do with some actual diverse environment like Sootapolis, Pacifidlog, Mossdeep, Lilycove, Underwater Cave, Sky Pillar, Mt. Pyre, etc.

I wonder if Zygarde has anything to do with this, in a possible xy remake. It is said that it monitors those who try to mess with the ecosystem. Team Aqua/Magma are ones who try to mess with the ecosystem by trying to control Groudon and Kyogre. Idk

Well overall I'm very impressed and pleased with everything. All of it has a new look and a fresh feel to it I really am happy I just can't stop crying.(mega starter artwork plz)

the-official-furedi-kuruz said:
I wonder if Zygarde has anything to do with this, in a possible xy remake. It is said that it monitors those who try to mess with the ecosystem. Team Aqua/Magma are ones who try to mess with the ecosystem by trying to control Groudon and Kyogre. Idk

That's about as good a hypothesis as any. But I don't think they would radically change the story line like that. For sure could be end game content though.

Still curious how thousand waves/thousand arrows fits in to it all with Zygarde.

Has anybody noticed the whited out splotch just west of picifidlog town? Zoomed out it just looks like another cloud but if you look closer it doesn't have the same texture as the rest of the image. Its more like an eraser tool from editing software.

Am I the only one who noticed that Mega Sceptile shoots of its "tree" at the end of its tail, when it attacks? o_O

charizardfan27 said:
steffenka said:
Am I the only one who noticed that Mega Sceptile shoots of its "tree" at the end of its tail, when it attacks? o_O

Nope it was already mentioned in the thread.

Honestly I don't think its ment to be a glitch since using leaf storm would require to spin his tail very fast kinda like a tornado. Idk..

I have a interesting thought.
So, the white bits in kyogre are now transparent, and in some of the shots you see this yellow orange mass that looks to be inside him.

tumblr_n6ytpx7Tk81qlm9fno2_500.gif

So if he is transparent, does that mean all of those marks or shapes we see inside him are his internal organs?
Kind of how some amphibians have translusent skin and you can see their innards.

Did anyone else notice that in a screenshot showing Archie and maxie side by side, Archie seems to have a gold chain necklace (many stereotype wow) and in it there is a very colourful stone, Mega stone perhaps? If so I would love a mega sharpedo! Please game freak make him a full shark, not 1/2 a shark please :D

Spartan Sceptile said:
Did anyone else notice that in a screenshot showing Archie and maxie side by side, Archie seems to have a gold chain necklace (many stereotype wow) and in it there is a very colourful stone, Mega stone perhaps? If so I would love a mega sharpedo! Please game freak make him a full shark, not 1/2 a shark please :D

Yes he does and Maxie also has one on his glasses which mostly confirms mega sharpedo and camerupt unless GF decides otherwise by giving them other pokemon(gyarados and houndoom respectively).

EpicIce2012 said:
So, the white bits in kyogre are now transparent, and in some of the shots you see this yellow orange mass that looks to be inside him.

So if he is transparent, does that mean all of those marks or shapes we see inside him are his internal organs?
Kind of how some amphibians have translusent skin and you can see their innards.

It would have been awesome if he gained the electric type too balancing them a bit.

professorlight said:

My "only" problem with this shot is that it doesn't feel like the Hoenn from R/S/E because what I liked was how the colors were of a darker shade and less bright. That said, some cities and routes like Slateport and Dewford should have been more bright.
As for the 3D...I didn't played XY so I don't know how much improvement there is and so I'll wait for more screenshots and leave that discussion for those that have played the previous games.

EpicIce2012 said:

New Team Rocket delicacy: Kyogre caviar! :D

Spartan Sceptile said:

Since I couldn't see Archie's and it took me a few times to see that Maxie's glasses really are colourful in their right side, I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Qwjw0wbS0

PS edit: taking a look back at CoroCoro's images, Archie not only has a necklace but the stone is actually in the upper portion of a golden anchor, which Archie is seen holding in CoroCoro!!

Easy way to steal Maxie's stone? Make the glasses dirty!

Back