New PTCG Product: 'Furious Fists Launch Kit' [6/3]

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
What in the hell are you supposed to do with 8 (probably crappy) theme decks? I'd rather have the 72 packs at a cheaper rate than with all the bloat product.

Kakarot

Shiny Espeon rules!
If you get this you would be well on your way to completing the set, however you could also pull like 8 of some garbage non holo rare.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Collectors could probably buy a master set from ebay or somewhere for the price of this. Still, wow...If I had people to do a min prerelease with, this would be kind of neat.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I wonder how much this product will be? Also I think it might be like booster cases, where they're only available to retailers and shops.

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
This is an interesting product, it definitely seems tailored to running small-scale prereleases, or even being used as a prize pack for events. The latter would depend on the price point though.

I'm wondering if this is in response to Magic's lineup of card products and kits? While I'd probably just buy a single box and some singles instead of a kit this big, I certainly appreciate the variety being introduced into the PTCG line!

ECHOxLegend

All-Seeing Trainer
in return for taking your shelf sitting useless theme decks as well, I will gladly trade $150 for the whole bundle. thats 1/3 off each box and $30 for the promos, good deal. hehe

assuming this would be a DIY pre-release product, thats 2 promos, 1 theme deck, and 9 booster per person, for 8 people, if you expect people to pay near the real value, thats about $40 give or take neglecting the promos assigned worth. that times 8 is $320, not so consumer friendly eh? but then buying bulk like that leads to incentive deals, like 1/4 off, so maybe $240

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Im expecting about $200 for this.
I'd buy it if it didn't include 8 theme decks.
I understand that this product is targeted towards stores/retail, but as a consumer I do not need that. They are very good for prereleases, but that's all.
People will go out and buy cases for 500+ dollars, but I think the fact that it comes with so many theme decks, also jacking up the price, will shy away some of the market.
If it was 2, maybe even 4 I'd consider buying, but as of now I don't want to be sitting around with 8 unopened theme decks...

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
I think a better solution would be dropping to 2 or 4 theme decks, and replacing the remainder with Energies, but more than what is included of each with the Elite Trainer Boxes (If I'm recalling the name correctly).

ECHOxLegend

All-Seeing Trainer
BlazeGryph said:
I think a better solution would be dropping to 2 or 4 theme decks, and replacing the remainder with Energies, but more than what is included of each with the Elite Trainer Boxes (If I'm recalling the name correctly).

make them holo energies and you have a deal.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Definitely a retailer product. The audience willing to spend $200+ on a product probably know enough to know that the Theme Decks drag it down.

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
ECHOxLegend said:
BlazeGryph said:

make them holo energies and you have a deal.

Heck yes. I'd be all over that in seconds.

superman

Aspiring Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:

Interesting...well, if the price is really low, then it is a good deal. Otherwise, depending on its release, it could be just a way TPCI is looking to liquidate extra product.

SilentlyFreezing

Pokemon Trainer, Youtaite, UTAU user, Brony
I think this would be kind of a fun thing for... a birthday party? Theme decks for party favors, and such.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Added the Furious Fists Launch Kit product image here: http://pokebeach.com/2014/06/new-ptcg-product-furious-fists-launch-kit

Blah

DBT
...$400.

...what? Assuming booster boxes are $100 each (which is the HIGHEST they go for), that means the other $200 goes towards...8 theme decks and some promos. This seems egregiously overpriced.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Booster box MSRP: $143.64 USD
Theme Deck Display MSRP (8 decks): $103.92 USD
= $391.20.

So the promos/cardboard are worth 9 bucks I guess.

If we say that the wholesale prices of booster boxes are $100, that means it is 70% of the MSRP price. Which means this thing, going by that amount, would be closer to $280.

It seems this product is just for small card shop owners. Everything is all together in a nice cardboard presentation to advertise the set.

Lukiido

Aspiring Trainer
Owning a store, and not having access too pre-releases at this time, I enjoy the kit and it will be worth the investimate made by a store providing you host a tournament with it.