New PTCG Product: 'Furious Fists Launch Kit' [6/3]

Lol 399.99. What.

Makes you buy bulk like BJs. Hardly saves you any money.

At most the theme decks are 12.99$.

And booster boxes are not usually more expensive than 120$ at most. Although many shops sell them for less than 100$.

Meaning they either have a very high box price or those promo cards are very good.

Cause with my math this totals 343.92 without the promos. Unless they think booster boxes cost 145$-150$ cause they charge 4$ a pack...

Edit: aw man other folks beat me to this subject... nevermind..

MSRP = manufacture's suggested retail price. If this thing were being sold at Walmart or Target (which it wouldn't, I'm betting), then yeah, it would cost $400. If you're buying it online or wholesale, expect it to be nowhere near that price.

still even if you take the theme decks/ promos out, thats 2 boxes for $200, why not just pre-order 2 for $180 off of ebay? not to mention, Idk about other people card shops but the one around here, based off my observation, only sell around 1-2 theme decks for every box of packs they go through, this product doesn't make sense business wise other than for a 1 of display in that if you bought these in bulk, you would have this stockpile of useless theme decks that just sit there while your packs dwindle at steady pace. what kind of market are they trying to sell this too? Because it doesn't look good for anybody.

Lukiido said:
Owning a store, and not having access too pre-releases at this time, I enjoy the kit and it will be worth the investimate made by a store providing you host a tournament with it.

Woah woah woah woah, you mean to say that a store has to be special in order to hold a prerelease, and not any run of the mill average joe store can hold a prerelease?

I asked a store who normally specializes in Magic, and just starting doing Pokemon Leagues, if they are going to do Pokemon Prereleases. They said "I don't think Pokemon has prereleases". What I can gather from that is that Pokemon Prereleases aren't as widespread as I thought it would be compared to MTG prereleases and Yugioh Sneak Peeks.

That kit seems to me it would be some sort of prerelease kit, so maybe average joe store can buy these instead of having special permission to hold an official prerelease, that is, if it is actually true that your store needs to be special in order to hold a prerelease.

What I also gathering from this product, is that if you are those people who buy Pokemon TCG products for yourself, as a collector or player, and you buy this, then you are better off buying something else. This kind of product is definitely not for the run of the mill consumer like you and me.

This is also great for people who don't own a store, and do not have the credentials to hold official events. For example, a teacher or faculty member of some school who runs a trading card game club.

I'd rather just buy 3 booster boxes (which in most cases would still be less than $399.99) than pay that much for a bunch of theme decks I'll never use. It's kind of a cool product for stores and stuff I guess, but what would Walmart or Target even do with the promos.

SilentlyFreezing said:
I think this would be kind of a fun thing for... a birthday party? Theme decks for party favors, and such.

Theme decks as party favors!? Da heck you talking about! I'm broke! Kids should be happy to get a reverse foil card as a party favor much less a $13 retail deck. But yeah, if this price is right ( less than $250) I might just go buy one. But that's about as much money I can shell out for Pokemon this year, and it would a shame if I got crap pulls...

thood said:
SilentlyFreezing said:
I think this would be kind of a fun thing for... a birthday party? Theme decks for party favors, and such.

Theme decks as party favors!? Da heck you talking about! I'm broke! Kids should be happy to get a reverse foil card as a party favor much less a $13 retail deck. But yeah, if this price is right ( less than $250) I might just go buy one. But that's about as much money I can shell out for Pokemon this year, and it would a shame if I got crap pulls...

I guess when you put it that way, it does sound pretty stupid :p ...maybe a party for some filthy rich brat, I guess.

If anyone can enhance the image and look at what energy types the theme decks use, it seems like it is Fairy Grass for one, and Darkness Fighting for the other, according to Bulbapedia anyway.

I think TPCi really needs to use a larger variety of 2 energy type combinations for theme decks instead of recycling the same ones over and over.

Let's see what we don't have so far.

Fire Metal
Fire Fairy
Water Fairy
Lightning Fairy
Psychic Metal
Fighting Fairy
Darkness Fairy
Metal Fairy

There are also a 2 energy type combination theme decks we haven't had in a very long time.

Grass Lightning

signofzeta said:
If anyone can enhance the image and look at what energy types the theme decks use, it seems like it is Fairy Grass for one, and Darkness Fighting for the other, according to Bulbapedia anyway.

I think TPCi really needs to use a larger variety of 2 energy type combinations for theme decks instead of recycling the same ones over and over.

Let's see what we don't have so far.

Fire Metal
Fire Fairy
Water Fairy
Lightning Fairy
Psychic Metal
Fighting Fairy
Darkness Fairy
Metal Fairy

There are also a 2 energy type combination theme decks we haven't had in a very long time.

Grass Lightning

Pangoro Deck is certain to be a Dark/Fighting, since Pancham requires Fighting energy. They could always release a different Pancham for English, I find that to be unlikely.

One thing is that, they didn't have to have Pangoro as the cover card, and thus the deck must be Darkness Fightning.

For the Sylveon one, they didn't have to have Grass in it. They could have had Water, or Lightning, or Metal, or whatever else that didn't share the same energy combination as the Chespin Deck.

The worst was Plasma Blast. It had exactly the same energy combinations as a set that came 2 before it, namely Plasma Storm. If you included Boundaries Crossed and Plasma Freeze, you would get the same 3 Grass Psychic, Fire Water, Water Lightning decks paired in different combinations.

Back