'New Nintendo 3DS' Models Announced [8/29]

One question? How does the regular 3DS and 3DS XL have less battery life than the new 3DS's? With normal use I have managed to make my battery last 16 hours with power saving mode on. Each bar lasts 4 hours VS 2 hours when Power Saving Mode is engaged XD.:)

I would assume that the New 3DS (and XL) simply has a larger battery. Perhaps the hardware is more energy efficient. But mostly a larger battery.

I cannot wait for this release. I was looking to buy a new 3ds soon, since I currently only have a 2ds and I'm over it. But I suppose I could hold out until the new release. Does anyone know the drop date for the US?

Auride said:
I would assume that the New 3DS (and XL) simply has a larger battery. Perhaps the hardware is more energy efficient. But mostly a larger battery.

The battery appears to be the same capacity. In the part of the Direct where they're looing at the SD card slot, the battery reads 1750 mAh, which is what the current 3DS XL battery apparently is.

Speedin134 said:
Does anyone know the drop date for the US?

Nintendo of America hasn't said anything about the system, and Nintendo of Europe has said it won't be coming until 2015.

Chariblaze said:
Speedin134 said:
Does anyone know the drop date for the US?

Nintendo of America hasn't said anything about the system, and Nintendo of Europe has said it won't be coming until 2015.

That's disappointing. I guess I'll just buy a used 3DS to hold me off.

I can see Z/X2/Y2/whatever if there is one to be N3DS enhanced like B2/W2 were with the DSi... That or it can be N3DS exclusive. It would mirror how they did Generation 2- G/S playable on both GB and GBC while Crystal is only playable on the GBC.

Orrr maybe Generation 7 for N3DS?

I have heard a little more news on the upcoming New Nintendo 3DS Model. Notably, that it will come with a built-in feature that will block offensive content on harmful websites, but in order to bypass it, parents and gamers without children will have to pay a small fee via credit card.

The handheld comes pre-installed with this web filter that can only be deactivated as listed above so children can't simply turn off the filter without consent for their parents.

Now, I suppose I should list my sources for this new update that I have found.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/08/30/upcoming-new-3ds-will-filter-internet-content-unless-you-pay

Which reports to have gotten its source from Kotaku, while the same information can also be found on websites like "Gamespot" and other websites.

Tuoko said:
I can see Z/X2/Y2/whatever if there is one to be N3DS enhanced like B2/W2 were with the DSi... That or it can be N3DS exclusive. It would mirror how they did Generation 2- G/S playable on both GB and GBC while Crystal is only playable on the GBC.

Orrr maybe Generation 7 for N3DS?

Putting Crystal on the GBC never really made much sense anyway and didn't seem to benefit it. If there's anything to be gained from making the jump to N3DS aside from less lag and a controllable camera, it'd be better to start with 7th gen and design the new region around it.

If it has a larger battery it could last 35 hours like the very first GAMEBOY did on 4 AA batteries. Been a long time since a battery from Nintendo lasted that long XD.:) This would be a first long lasting battery.:)

The New 3DS and the New 3DS XL have been given an Australian release date of November 21st (same day as Pokemon ORAS!). Check EB Games.

This could also mean that Canada gets theirs on the same day as well since they have EB games there as well unless GAME STOP bought them out since I last lived there. Anyhow last I knew it was still EB Games up there so they could get theirs on the same day as well. Just Saying.:)

xxashxx said:
This could also mean that Canada gets theirs on the same day as well since they have EB games there as well unless GAME STOP bought them out since I last lived there. Anyhow last I knew it was still EB Games up there so they could get theirs on the same day as well. Just Saying.:)

The NintendoAU Direct confirmed that other regions won't get the New 3DS consoles until 2015.

Even if they didn't confirm it, Canada would not necessarily get the New 3DS consoles the same day Australia gets them due to the consoles being different (NTSC/PAL differences). Europe would be more likely because they are PAL like Australia.

Also, GameStop owns EB Games everywhere.

Even if it doesn't come out in Europe in 2014 some stores might sell Australian imports, who knows. o:

The-Kaiser said:
im confused whats the difference between Nu3DS and Nu3DSXL?

1) One is the size of the original 3DS, and the other is the size of the current 3DS XL.

2) You can change the faceplates on Nu3DS, but not on Nu3DS XL.

3) Nu3DS XL has slightly better battery life.

4) Nu3DS's buttons are colored like an SNES pad, while it's the button labels that have the colors on Nu3DS XL.

I'm surprised they kept the name outside of Japan. This will be interesting...

bigfootaus said:
xxashxx said:

The NintendoAU Direct confirmed that other regions won't get the New 3DS consoles until 2015.

Even if they didn't confirm it, Canada would not necessarily get the New 3DS consoles the same day Australia gets them due to the consoles being different (NTSC/PAL differences). Europe would be more likely because they are PAL like Australia.

Also, GameStop owns EB Games everywhere.

I was thinking Canada would since they have EB games as well. I kind of figured we would not get them. We usually never do anyway but I figure Canada would since they are outside the U.S. I did not know GAME STOP owned all EB Games stores now. Thought they only owned them here in the U.S. As I said earlier I have not been to Canada for like 8 years so I was not sure about Canada now.:)

Back