New Mega Sableye Details, Has Magic Bounce [6/19]

Why is everyone complaining about magic bounce
Oh no he can't be toxiced anymore? Yes please!!!
NO TAUNT
NO CONFUSION
Nothing.
Beauty, absolute beauty at its finest
Plus it has will o wisp so max that sp. Def, take a hit, and recover for days. The only real counter I can see is a +2 Mega Mawile Play Rough
And then you hit them with the confuse day >:)

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I completely agree. I do not understand what is so terrible about magic bounce. I didn't expect a new ability with mega sableye, mawile didn't get a new ability, (by new, I mean a new introduced ability e.g tough claws) by the description we were given, I was expecting a defensive wall in sableye and that's what we're getting.
TL;DR - I am happy.

Trying to predict Sableye is now a pain in the butt, since it changes so drastically between forms. A Sableye holding a Mega Stone could spend the entire match in base form or it could make a surprise Mega Evolution late in the game to bounce back a taunt or whirlwind.

Sure, Mega Sableye isn't that great on his own, but think about how much better it makes base Sableye.

Why's all the hate? It's like a repeat with fairy types. Back them, people were saying how it was going to wipe out dragons completely out of OU and there's still a heavy dragon presence in OU 'cause most fairies aren't strong enough to make it in that tier. Now lets take a breath and cillax and see what happens first before we make assumptions. It could actually be good, it might be as bad as you are thinking, but there's no reason t flip out over something you haven't tried yet, =p

Kyoshi_ said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I completely agree. I do not understand what is so terrible about magic bounce. I didn't expect a new ability with mega sableye, mawile didn't get a new ability, (by new, I mean a new introduced ability e.g tough claws) by the description we were given, I was expecting a defensive wall in sableye and that's what we're getting.
TL;DR - I am happy.

It's not "terrible" by any means.

But Mawile wen't from useless to overkill, while Sableye goes from troll to.. passive troll.
It's not like getting rid of Sableye required/requires status moves in the first place (the only thing anyone ever tries throwing at mine is Taunt, which I prevent with a priority Taunt anyway)...just throwing something semi-powerful at it is the way to go.

It does add to Sableyes options, but it's far from the best that could have happened to it.

Axell Starr said:
Back them, people were saying how it was going to wipe out dragons completely out of OU and there's still a heavy dragon presence in OU 'cause most fairies aren't strong enough to make it in that tier.

and most Dragons having essentially legendary stats and very diverse movepools.

It's not hate, everyone thinks that there's only one way to run Sableye. Well, in this gen, it's probably one way.
But with a mega, he's just more unpredictable and sneaky.

And also, did you guys really think Sableye would get Wonder Guard?

Wow. Sabaleye sure gains a ton of weight when he mega evolves. Looks like he can take over the world now.:)

Blakexd9 said:
Waiting for Sapphire Mega Sableye with a boost in Sp. Def and Atk

If this actually does happen, then Sableye will really get unpredictable haha

Yeah, kinda weird... If they really want to make it relevant as a defensive pokémon (specially when it's holding such a heavy gem),
I'm betting on something like 145 Defense...
I actually think they may decrease its Attack too... Maybe not, because until now, only Speed has been lowered, but since the stats they usually mention that are raised are not the only ones that increase, why can't another stat be lowered other than the Speed stat they mentioned?

Looks like he has been confirmed by WPM but I think before Sableye was the one that ruined competitive battles to a tee because of the odd moves he could get. Some were poison and Ghost. IRC and he is a DARK type too.:)

I mean he could be a pretty offensive wall if used in a trick room, but even with max Sp. Def he can still be hurt so badly since it does have a base HP of like 50 and a STAB special move from a special attacker can easily take it out. Still Mega Sableye will play very differently (possibly more offensive) than its Prankster counterpart and could be much more powerful than we expect.

For everyone that thinks Magic Bounce will save Sableye it really depends on his stats. Look at Mega Absol. He got Magic Bounce and… one of the more 'ok' megas.

Sableye needed a normal evolution before anything else. His stats overall just aren't going to be that much better after the 100 bst boost.

Retro_on_theGo said:
Sableye needed a normal evolution before anything else. His stats overall just aren't going to be that much better after the 100 bst boost.

As a pokémon, yes, Sableye could have done with a normal evolution.
However, as a annoying little troll with Prankster Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and access to moves that lower Special Attack, the LAST thing it needed was an evolution. Having Sableye be what it is with Eviolite boosts would be terrible to have running around.

Agree with that, but it didn't need a mega evo either, it was just...fine like that. However, now that it got one, like many people said, it will be more unpredictable. Of course, people might just send something that doesnt really care about anything sableye can do, but they're giving you 2 free turns (the one they send the scout and the one they switch it again to send something else, very probably right away) and in those turns you could have nasty plotted twice or once and dented the switch in. Since this thing seems to be really bulky (except for that 50hp), has reliable recovery and immunity to status, i guess it could do well as a bulky attacker or trick room sweeper, maybe even a tank.

Magic Bounce isn't good anymore? The metagame has really passed me by.

I just wanted to post my appreciation for how Sableye's adorable baby face gets magnified through its gem in the Sugimori artwork.

mega-sableye-ken-sugimori.png

Magic Bounce?

Lame. I prefer Prankster or Stance Change. It should have Stance Change. <.<

Can't wait to see its stats.

Back