ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

DrEspeon said:
Here's my list of pokemon that should/I would like to get megas

-Walrein
-Gallade
-Altaria
-Milotic
-Flygon and finally,
-Torkoal

All of these pokemon have really cool designs which could be advanced even further. Additionally, none are amazing competitively and deserve a bit of love. And gallade got ripped off of a mega evolution when gardevoir got one.

I totally agree with you on this list, however I would also add Ludicolo, Shiftry and perhaps Ninjask.

Another Hoenn Pokemon I feel like should receive a mega would be Castform. I just feel like its stats could be made a little bit better, so it wasn't 70 all around. And change its design, so it doesn't look like it has "the male reproductive organ" under its head, maybe make it more cloud looking and change it's type to Flying instead of Normal, making its forms Flying/Fire (etc)

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

His Goominess said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
So, Steven Stone is researching Mega-evo. and there's already M.Aggron but has anyone noticed, looking at the official's site artwork, that his jacket's left lapel has some sort of mega stone lika a lapel pin?
Also, Roxanne's gym seems like a museum now, with its back wall featuring an Armaldo and Cradily I think, so perhaps, M.Cradily and M.Armaldo besides M.Metagross!?

Where did you see the pic of Roxanne's Gym?! I can't see one (are you sure you didn't mistake it for the Oceanic Museum, or did it have distinct Gym features?)
Scrap that, just found the pics. Could be a nod towards Mega Fossils (maybe Roxanne uses one in a rematch? Omega Ruby = Mega Armaldo and Alpha Sapphire = Mega Cradily?), but then again it may not have any relevance and they're just there for decoration.

Considering Maxie and Archie both have Mega Stones (Maxie on his glasses, Archie on his anchor), does that mean we have Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo imminent? (unless they screw us over and give them Mega Houdoom/Gyarados)

Well, Roxanne's gym is in Rustboro, where Devon also is, so Steven's research and Roxanne's gym/museum might be connected or not.
Hum, taking a look at the new map I don't see Mirage Tower so I hope you're wrong about the exclusivity of those fossil mega.evo because that would mean that that's another duo that will be version exclusives (and the first fossils to be so) and that if people want some fossil mega-evo they have to choose the "right" one.
Damn, I forgot about M.Gyarados and M.Houdoom!

Maybe they'll have a Mega Slaking for your Dad, who doesn't get a stat boost and only looses the ability Truant to become less lazy.

tigre said:
It'll probably get buried/already is buried but here are a few idea of megas from each gen that I feel would be awesome. Hopefully at least 1 of them gets a mega in the new games.

Gen 1:
Mega Rapidash - give it wings and make it Fire/Fairy for crying out loud.
Mega Raichu - for the stat boost if nothing else.
Mega Nidoking - the knight. make his appearance look more armor-like, head more helmet like. His tail becomes pointy like a lance. Poison/Steel type.
Mega Snorlax - honestly it would be hilarious if he were Normal/Psychic and became "enlightened"
Mega Lapras/Machamp/Arcanine - no brilliant ideas, they are just among my favorite Gen I pokemon

Gen 2:
Mega Feraligatr - Water/Electric I'm thinking Godzilla like electric fins on his back.
Mega Typhlosion - Remain pure fire, would love a more "eruption" look
Mega Meganium - Grass/Fairy type
Mega Donphan & Ursaring - Tank Donphan (Steel/Ground) and make Ursaring's attack huge (Normal/Fighting).

Gen 3:
Mega Mightyena - Bipedal. Pure Dark. Werewolfish
Mega Sableye - Cuz Mawile got one, where is the love?
Mega Torkoal - Always thought he was wasted potential
Mega Lunatone/Solrock - Basically they both have the same mega stone, and it doesn't matter which one you are using, the mega is both of them, either side by side or fused, with some kind of asteroid belt or stars surronding them. A unique mega. Super big defenses.

Gen 4:
I honestly don't have great ideas for pokemon in this Gen. Except a Mega Rotom with a ridiculous/awesome new design. Electric/Steel type, I don't know.

Gen 5:
Mega Emboar/Samurott/Serperior - Don't care what happens to them, just honestly think all three starter finals are the most disappointing in the franchise and deserve better.
Mega Haxorus - He could use the buff and has a cool design to work off of.
Mega Golurk - Fighting/Ghost type

Well, Mega.Sableye is now a reality!
You left me dreaming about the look of those Mega.evos. I would just add Mega-Hydreigon!

Leaf_Ranger said:
His Goominess said:
Where did you see the pic of Roxanne's Gym?! I can't see one (are you sure you didn't mistake it for the Oceanic Museum, or did it have distinct Gym features?)
Scrap that, just found the pics. Could be a nod towards Mega Fossils (maybe Roxanne uses one in a rematch? Omega Ruby = Mega Armaldo and Alpha Sapphire = Mega Cradily?), but then again it may not have any relevance and they're just there for decoration.

Considering Maxie and Archie both have Mega Stones (Maxie on his glasses, Archie on his anchor), does that mean we have Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo imminent? (unless they screw us over and give them Mega Houdoom/Gyarados)

Well, Roxanne's gym is in Rustboro, where Devon also is, so Steven's research and Roxanne's gym/museum might be connected or not.
Hum, taking a look at the new map I don't see Mirage Tower so I hope you're wrong about the exclusivity of those fossil mega.evo because that would mean that that's another duo that will be version exclusives (and the first fossils to be so) and that if people want some fossil mega-evo they have to choose the "right" one.

When I mentioned the Fossils being exclusive, I was more referring to whichever one Roxanne would use in a rematch (in OR she'd use Mega Armaldo, in AS she'd use Mega Cradily), not that the actual fossils would be version exclusive.

Considering they're a total pair, here are a few ways the Fossil Megas could go:
a) the Fossils are version exclusive (and their respective Mega Stone) - This would be my least favourite of the ways.
b) we get the pick of whichever Fossil we want in either version, and later on we get the Mega Stone of whichever we picked - this seems the most likely imo
c) we get to choose both the Fossil and the Mega Stone - this seems the second most likely

Also, predicting that Mawilite is exclusive to Omega Ruby and Sableyite (or whatever it will be for Sableye) is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire, and will be given to the player by Steven in Granite Cave as an odd rock he's discovered but doesn't have time to research. Later on we can actually use the Mega forms of Mawile/Sableye.

edit: So everyones talking about Mega Camerupt/Sharpedo for Maxie/Archie, but here's another thought:
what if they actually use Primal Groudon/Kyogre? The evil team actually using the version mascot is something new (I don't think Ghetsis inherently owned Kyurem, just controlled it with his staff) and it could really give these awesome Primal Reversions a chance to shine.
Then after the battle the weather gets out of control and Maxie/Archie realise the error of their ways and undo the Primal Reversion and then the player has the chance to catch Groudon/Kyogre.

two people mentioned cradily and armaldo in the gym... those are lileep (fair enough) and kabutops (what the hell is it doing there??).

and a dragonite, but we've had that cameo in BW too.

His Goominess said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

When I mentioned the Fossils being exclusive, I was more referring to whichever one Roxanne would use in a rematch (in OR she'd use Mega Armaldo, in AS she'd use Mega Cradily), not that the actual fossils would be version exclusive.

Considering they're a total pair, here are a few ways the Fossil Megas could go:
a) the Fossils are version exclusive (and their respective Mega Stone) - This would be my least favourite of the ways.
b) we get the pick of whichever Fossil we want in either version, and later on we get the Mega Stone of whichever we picked - this seems the most likely imo
c) we get to choose both the Fossil and the Mega Stone - this seems the second most likely

Also, predicting that Mawilite is exclusive to Omega Ruby and Sableyite (or whatever it will be for Sableye) is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire, and will be given to the player by Steven in Granite Cave as an odd rock he's discovered but doesn't have time to research. Later on we can actually use the Mega forms of Mawile/Sableye.

edit: So everyones talking about Mega Camerupt/Sharpedo for Maxie/Archie, but here's another thought:
what if they actually use Primal Groudon/Kyogre? The evil team actually using the version mascot is something new (I don't think Ghetsis inherently owned Kyurem, just controlled it with his staff) and it could really give these awesome Primal Reversions a chance to shine.
Then after the battle the weather gets out of control and Maxie/Archie realise the error of their ways and undo the Primal Reversion and then the player has the chance to catch Groudon/Kyogre.

Well that kinda busts my hopes and dreams of a Mega Sharpedo happening...

Mega Jinx & Mega Mr. Mime, mostly because i was disappointed they never acquired evolutions (w/e mime jr) throughout 5 generations down the road.
Mega Mew - It's a given.
Mega Pikachu. I know there's Raichu, but it's not unlikely they would give it to him because he's the mascot and alot of people don't evolve their Pikachu's anyways.

Aside from those, I was wondering if maybe there'd be any "new" Pokemon maybe post game? I'm also disappointed that we didn't get a dragon Eevee to coincide with Sylveon. I still have hope.

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm not too fond of Megas. I'd rather have new evolutions because it's permanent.

King Xerneas said:
His Goominess said:

Well that kinda busts my hopes and dreams of a Mega Sharpedo happening...

But another thing are the mega stones that both of them have, we aren't even sure if the mega stones is how we'll devolve the mascots. Besides, it'd make more sense to me if the red and blue orbs were used to awaken then in the originals. I say their mega stones will be used for different pokemon. =]

Just trying to restore your hope here is all. =]

Let's see... I want Mega:
Jynx

Donphan
Blissey (Fairy)
Yanmega (hah)
Gliscor

Sharpedo
Tropius
Jirachi (never gonna happen)

Luxray
Vespiquen
Floatzel
Drifblim
Bronzong
Spiritomb
Carnivine

Zebstrika
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Garbodor
Reuniclus
Sawsbuck
Klinklang
Mienshao
Druddigon
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Volcarona

Florges
Pangoro
Malamar
Heliolisk
Hawlucha
Carbink
Trevenant
Gourgeist
Avalugg
Hoopa
Volcanion

I want more Mega Flying types and an actual bird. I'd like Mega Unfezant or Mega Swellow.

98Greener said:
I'm hoping for a Mega Mew.
It turns into a truck. Psychic/Steel.

And the only move it can learn is strength.

But anyways, what about Mega Ninjask? I think GameFreak could easily make a great design for the ninja-bug!

DevinTheWelf said:
98Greener said:
I'm hoping for a Mega Mew.
It turns into a truck. Psychic/Steel.

And the only move it can learn is strength.

But anyways, what about Mega Ninjask? I think GameFreak could easily make a great design for the ninja-bug!

I think bulldoze would be an appropriate move as well. :D

So apparently a poster or something featuring all the Mega evos from ORAS has been leaked on the interwebs

http://imgur.com/oKJWFfF

*NOTE* This is unconfirmed and could very easily be fake - don't get your hopes up.

I've seen several people on facebook say they've seen this and can 'confirm' its legitimacy (but obviously not a reliable source), and some people even claim to have the same poster. (again, unreliable)
The things that are drawing me away from this:
a) no reliable source. I've only seen this on fan pages on facebook, and we all know how gullible people are on the internet.
b) the Pokemon. The ones on the poster are all ones that have been hugely speculated to Mega Evolve, and some seem to be fanservice (Flygon, Salamence, Metagross)

I'm not sure if this has been around before Mega Sableye was revealed.
For now, I'd take this as fake - I am, at least until we get sufficient evidence (by that I mean like at least half of them confirmed as Megas).

Hooray for megas! This thread is relevant now!

Hoenn already has lots of megas. I would like to see some from gen 5 (and 6 now that Diancie is confirmed to be getting one).

His Goominess said:
So apparently a poster or something featuring all the Mega evos from ORAS has been leaked on the interwebs

*NOTE* This is unconfirmed and could very easily be fake - don't get your hopes up.

I've seen several people on facebook say they've seen this and can 'confirm' its legitimacy (but obviously not a reliable source), and some people even claim to have the same poster. (again, unreliable)
a) no reliable source. I've only seen this on fan pages on facebook, and we all know how gullible people are on the internet.
b) the Pokemon. The ones on the poster are all ones that have been hugely speculated to Mega Evolve, and some seem to be fanservice (Flygon, Salamence, Metagross)

For now, I'd take this as fake - I am, at least until we get sufficient evidence (by that I mean like at least half of them confirmed as Megas).

Tropius isn't on there so i REALLY hope it's fake.

Edit: I now believe it to be fake because if you look, it has all the pokemon's silhouettes to be all mysterious and make you guess which is which right? Well then why would they go ahead and add mega sableye into the bottom photos. Sort of defeats the purpose. Plus why only it? Just doesn't make sense to me.

His Goominess said:

Personally I hope it's real since I want my mega adorable dragonfly more than anything right now, but the lack of sufficient amount of evidence to prove it's real is saddening. But since there is still a chance it might be real, I'm going to use it as an excuse to keep my hope up. =3

I can't stop thinking about megafly. I'll be phenomenal looking if it does become a thing.

Edit: Oh, here's the same poster, but it seems to be a cellphone picture. Also, in the comments it said the name of the source for this is 'jhon gamefreak'. Also I've been seeing people mention that they've heard people say they got it at smasfest at BestBuy.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10325741_710949038969294_8872266600914015918_n.jpg

I'm personally looking forward to a mega-evolution for Mega Blaziken. I think it's really unfair that the other two starters get mega-evolutions in this remake, but Mega Blaziken doesn't. Also, I'll be pretty irritated if GameFreak's fire starter fetish just suddenly stops - they gave Charizard two megas and gave Blaziken an ability that banned him to ubers; they can't let those other pesky types start to catch up.

What's next? What kind of an anarchy would allow two mega-evolutions for ALL the the gen. 1 starters, or ALL the starters from a given region getting mega-evolutions released early in an exclusive event?

His Goominess said:

Yet STILL no birds! They BETTER make Mega Swellow for Z.

Back