ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

Mega Pelipper
Ability: Drizzle or Something Good
HP: 60
Atk: 50
Def: 150 (100 + 50)
Sp.Atk: 105 (85 + 20)
Sp.Def:120 (70 + 50)
Speed: 45 (65 - 20)

Kinda wished the Latis would get some more unique kind of formes instead of Mega evolutions...like where they'd be non-levitating and more humanoid, with their Dragon type changing to Fairy.

I would love if they will make another wifi event in the beginning like Torchic in XY
Another starter with new mega stone. ( Emopoleonite or Thyphlosionite pls )

By the way I was also thinking.. If they are going to make Mega forms for the other starters of Hoen
what if they will make Blaziken Mega AO like charizard XY ? scary just to think of it..:(

Mitja said:
Kinda wished the Latis would get some more unique kind of formes instead of Mega evolutions...like where they'd be non-levitating and more humanoid, with their Dragon type changing to Fairy.

Like angels? :)
Yeah their mega form is kind of lame. same ability same typing ..looks the same. GF do something else you got the soul dew so it is not that hard to find out how else they would change

I think I read somewhere in this thread(I'm to lazy to try to find it again) that only the mega evolutions of Latios and Latias exist in XY, but not their mega stones; that's not true. Their mega stones do exist in the coding of XY. If mistaken and no one said that, than disregard this.

I actually think we will get new mega evolutions in ORAS (at least Sceptile and Swampert + I also believe those are Kyogre's and Groudon's megas on the box art) and the reasoning why I think this is how Blazikenite obtained. You can not obtain Blazikenite through normal gameplay and the event for it has ended, so you can't obtain it by any means except trading with someone. Now, we are getting remakes of the game where Torchic is the starter, so you kind of expect Blazikenite to be obtainable through normal gameplay in ORAS. Now if that is true, they have to mega evolutions for the other two starters for balance.

Now, why were the mega evolutions and the event legendaries already in the XY's coding? First, the event legendaries were added because they were made with the rest of the 6th gen. Pokemon, so they went ahead and added them. Now for the Lati@s mega evolutions, along with Blazikenite, they were going to be planned events for XY, so they went ahead and added them to the code. The reason why I think this, as far as I know, there is no mention of their mega evolutions in game, just like Blaziken, so it seems they will have a distribution similar to it's. Which also leads me to think that Lati@site will be obtainable during gameplay in ORAS.

Finally, XY supports DLC, in other words they made XY with DLC in mind, so they do have DLC planned for it which could be new mega evolutions.

Torkoal is actually my favorite gen. 3 Pokemon, so if he got a Mega Evolution, i would be really happy.
His Ability could be something new and original, like "Slow Repair". It would have a 1/3 chance of resetting stat reductions at the end of turns. This would be a great combo with something like "Overheat"!
Mega Sableye would also be cool, since he has a lot of room to grow.

Given all the uncertainties of whether GameFreak will decide to add more Megas, I would be content with just getting Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert. But if there are more, I'd enjoy seeing these guys:

Hariyama: Surprisingly, I haven't seen this guy come up at all yet. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that he's cool. Anyway, they could design his Mega in a way to contrast Medicham's, and emphasize his sumo theme.

Camerupt/Sharpedo: If GameFreak somehow retcons Mega Evolution into the plot, I'd love for Maxie and Archie to power up their strongest Pokemon for the final showdown in the Seafloor Cavern (akin to Lysandre and his Gyarados).

Metagross/Milotic: Similar to the above example, but in regards to the champion (either Steven or Wallace).

Crawdaunt: As a fan of the Godzilla franchise, I can't help but notice that Crawdaunt bears a passing resemblance to a kaiju by the name of Destoroyah. Perhaps this likeness could grow?

Also, any Gen IV or V Megas would be entirely welcome.

Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert are a definite must, since it isn't fair if Blaziken is the only Hoenn Starter that got a Mega Evolution.

That aside, I do have some hopes for who could get Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Mega Camerupt (Fire/Ground. It should probably keep Solid Rock to go with its' volcano-like motive in its' design.)
Mega Sharpedo (Water/Dark. Sturdy can be very helpful for it, due to its' bad defenses. It deserves a free Focus Sash as an Ability.)

I also love SlashMan41's ideas with Maxie and Archie mega evolving Camerupt and Sharpedo in their final battles respectively. It'll put up a little more difficulty in the battle, provided that you aren't abusing the new EXP. Share mechanic.

-Mega Ludicolo (Water/Grass. Rain Dish FTW! Swift Swim is also welcomed, though.)
-Mega Shiftry (Grass/Dark. Keeping Chlorophyll is advised, because, well, a lot of Psychics have access to Dazzing Gleam now, though, they may still own you with Focus Blast and very rarely, Signal Beam.)
-Mega Claydol (Ground/Psychic. It should definitely gain a new version of Huge Power for its' Special Attack, so that way, we have more special-driven Ground Types in the metagame.)
-Mega Milotic (Water/Dragon. Since this type combo is a missed opportunity for Gyarados, I don't see why not if Milotic doesn't get this combo. I feel like it deserves better use of Marvel Scale.)
-Mega Slaking (It's already OP, but it could become Fighting instead of Normal, which you can always send out a Ghost if it goes for a Hammer Arm, etc.)

Mega Rayquaza would be cool.
Type: Dragon/Steel
Stats
HP-100
Attack-160
Defense-90
Special Attack-120
Special Defense-80
Speed-100
Ability: Levitate or Air Lock or something

Mewtwo has a mega evolution but why not rayquaza? Dragon/Steel could eliminate a 4x Ice weakness and a weakness to Fairy-Type moves.

Generation 5 Megas could be in the game too like Mega Klinklang.
My Ideas
Mega Hoenn Final Starters( not generation 5 but its unfair if blaziken only gets a mega evolution)
Mega Sceptile(Grass/Rock) Maybe change those bulbs on its back to rocks.
Mega Swampert(Water) Only 2 weaknesses and he still has Earthquake

Mega Klinklang(Steel/Electric) Probably for the Plus and Minus abilities it has.

Mega Genesect(Bug) His type could change depending on what Drive he has (Bug/Electric for Shock Drive,etc.)

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

scuba steveE said:
I actually think we will get new mega evolutions in ORAS (at least Sceptile and Swampert + I also believe those are Kyogre's and Groudon's megas on the box art) and the reasoning why I think this is how Blazikenite obtained. You can not obtain Blazikenite through normal gameplay and the event for it has ended, so you can't obtain it by any means except trading with someone. Now, we are getting remakes of the game where Torchic is the starter, so you kind of expect Blazikenite to be obtainable through normal gameplay in ORAS. Now if that is true, they have to mega evolutions for the other two starters for balance.

It's the opposite actually. If they intended for ANY Hoenn starter megastones to be obtainable in ORAS, it wouldn't make sense to distribute one of them as a limited event in the games just before o____O That's the one single thing that would not make sense to do. Distributing literally any other mega as an event instead would have made way more sense.

The only way it makes any sense to me why they distributed Mega Blaziken in XY, is because they wanted to get its Mega out of the way so that ORAS can take a break from XYs mega-evolution focus. Its gonna be about a fresh visit to Hoenn, with no mega evolutions distracting from it all the way to the credits.

Mega evolutions will likely just show up somewhere in the post-game for compatibility purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little side-quest where you'd get the Mega-keyitem along with the Latiasite/Latiosite.

scuba steveE said:
Finally, XY supports DLC, in other words they made XY with DLC in mind, so they do have DLC planned for it which could be new mega evolutions.

If they made XY with DLC in mind, they wouldn't have put any of the events or mega latis in in the first place -.-

It doesn't matter if DLC is possible, what matters is if gamefreak wants to even use it, and they obviously don't, as they keep putting stuff in the games for compatibility way before they will get relevant like its the GBA-era or something.

Hello all,

New to the forums and excited for these remakes.

As far as megas go, I would like to see Mega Eevee. The reason for this being is that it's only useful for evolving into its evolutions.

Eevee's base stats:
55 HP/55 ATK/50 DEF/45 SP.ATK/65 SP.DEF/55 Speed

Mega Eevee's base stats:
55 HP/55 ATK/70 DEF/90 SP.ATK/85.SP.DEF/90 Speed

It has semi-decent stats. I could see it being used competitively in PU and RU but not in UU where is faces stiff competition with Porygon-Z and not in OU where it gets completely smashed. Here is a possible move set for Mega Eevee and an explanation for each move.

Move set:
-Hyper Voice (Becoming a level-up move)
-Tri-Attack (Becoming a level-up move)
-Substitute/Thunder Wave
-Shadow Ball​

Hyper voice could be his signature move. It breaks through substitutes and can inflict heavy damage unless it hits something that resists it or if the opponent is a ghost type. Tri-Attack could possible paralyze, burn, or freeze opponents. It might conflict with Thunder-Wave, but with T-Wave there is a 100% chance to paralyze an opponent unless they are electric type, have limber, are ground type, have volt absorb or even lightning rod. You also have Substitute you can use over it if you don't want it to conflict with T-Wave. Substitute also allows you to avoid statuses. Shadow ball is for coverage against Ghost types.​

Although seeing Mega Eevee is unlikely, we can dream, right? Thoughts?

Edit: It could keep its adaptability ability to power up it's normal type moves. Hence why I added Hyper Voice and Tri Attack in there. Also, apparently it can't learn Thunder-Wave. This is disappointing...

More megas id like:
Mega Armaldo/Mega Cradily(Mega Armaldo type: Rock/Bug) (Mega Cradily Type: Rock/Grass)
Armaldo ability: Shell Armor
Cradily Ability: Chlorophyll

It could be that armaldo gains extra attack and cradily extra defense, but I guess you could get the mega stones after you get anorith/lileep.

Mega Seviper
Type: Poison/Dragon
Ability: Poison Point
Seviper's Dragon typing takes away fairy resistance but now it gets better atack power.

Mega Zangoose
Type:Normal/Dark
Ability:Tough Claws
If there's mega Seviper then there should be mega zangoose. Same problem as mega Seviper(fairy types)though.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Drascro said:
Hello all,

As far as megas go, I would like to see Mega Eevee. The reason for this being is that it's only useful for evolving into its evolutions.

Eevee's base stats:

Mega Eevee's base stats:

It has semi-decent stats. I could see it being used competitively in PU and RU but not in UU where is faces stiff competition with Porygon-Z and not in OU where it gets completely smashed. Here is a possible move set for Mega Eevee and an explanation for each move.

Move set:
-Substitute/Thunder Wave
-Shadow Ball​

Hyper voice could be his signature move. It breaks through substitutes and can inflict heavy damage unless it hits something that resists it or if the opponent is a ghost type. Tri-Attack could possible paralyze, burn, or freeze opponents. It might conflict with Thunder-Wave, but with T-Wave there is a 100% chance to paralyze an opponent unless they are electric type, have limber, are ground type, have volt absorb or even lightning rod. You also have Substitute you can use over it if you don't want it to conflict with T-Wave. Substitute also allows you to avoid statuses. Shadow ball is for coverage against Ghost types.​

Edit: It could keep its adaptability ability to power up it's normal type moves. Hence why I added Hyper Voice and Tri Attack in there. Also, apparently it can't learn Thunder-Wave. This is disappointing...

I'd say it's in the same category as Mega Pikachu. Probably not happening, but it wouldn't be surprising for gamefreak to pull something like this regardless. Once it would happen, we would merely roll our eyes, but until then no ones gonna say theres a chance for that happening xD

Mitja said:
Drascro said:
Hello all,

Eevee's base stats:

Mega Eevee's base stats:

Move set:
-Substitute/Thunder Wave
-Shadow Ball​

I'd say it's in the same category as Mega Pikachu. Probably not happening, but it wouldn't be surprising for gamefreak to pull something like this regardless. Once it would happen, we would merely roll our eyes, but until then no ones gonna say theres a chance for that happening xD

Hello Drascro here (I forgot the password to my account so I made another. xD)

Yeah, it's highly unlikely that we will see this happen, but like I said, we can dream.

I'd like to see Mega Clefable...mainly because she has always been my favorite and is the reason why I made a fairy account. I think she would be amazing and more of a beast than she already is.

i'd like to see more fossil megas, like kabutops or tyrantrum megas.
Mega Tyrantrum
Type:Rock/Normal
Ability:Strong Jaw
Mega stone(just an idea) Tyrantrumite

Mega Aurorus
Type:Ice/Rock
Ability:Refrigerate
Mega Stone(just an idea) Aurorusite

Mega Gigalith
Type:Electric/Rock
Ability:Lightningrod
Mega Stone(just an idea) Gigalite

Mega Wormadam
Type: Bug/Dragon,Ground/Dragon or Steel/Dragon depending on cloak
Ability(all cloaks):pressure
Mega Stone(just an idea) Wormadamite

Teal said:
ScorchingShock said:
*cough cough*gates to infinity*cough cough*

Who's to say they won't release paid DLC? They did for Gates to Infinity which nobody thought would happen as they normally never do DLC. You never know.
GtO was not made by GameFreak but Chunsoft. That statement was from GameFreak.
The main series games are always made by GameFreak.

Question. What is GtO? xD Also really? I thought it was made by them.

ScorchingShock said:
Teal said:
GtO was not made by GameFreak but Chunsoft. That statement was from GameFreak.
The main series games are always made by GameFreak.

Question. What is GtO? xD Also really? I thought it was made by them.

Apart from PokeBank and the DreamRadar, only the main Pokemon games are developed by Gamefreak.

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/list/#pokemon-serease

My hope is that we get a Mega Swampert - Mega Sceptile that I think is the correct thing to do, because a lot of us choose one of these two as our starter back in the R/S/E days and it's not fair only Blaziken gets one, but also I would really like a other starter mega evolution from another gen, as gen 5 is kind of new I think we will be getting a gen 4 or 2 starter mega, my hope is Mega Empoleon :D
But thinking of it. there is a rumor going through internet that says that we are getting a plusle -minun mega and a Jinx Mega, really exited por plusle or minun, hope they get a fairy typing as their second type when they evolve, and also I would really like to see a mega gallade, hounchkrow, salamance, flygon, ninetales, wigglytuff, persian, milotic, dragoinite and finally mew XD

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'd really love to see a mega Togekiss. There are some really nice fan designs on the net, and I think if done right, it could be a really elegant, yet powerful evolution :)

Mega Sceptile. I hope it'll have increased speed & power. Also, sharper blades in it's design.

GUYS! Dreams come true! Mega Sceptile is confirmed, and it is a Grass/Dragon type! Mega Swampert also confirmed and keeps it's original typing! Also we weren't expecting this... but Mega Diancie confirmed! The ability is listed as ??? though.

Back