ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

ScorchingShock said:
*cough cough*gates to infinity*cough cough*

Who's to say they won't release paid DLC? They did for Gates to Infinity which nobody thought would happen as they normally never do DLC. You never know.
GtO was not made by GameFreak but Chunsoft. That statement was from GameFreak.
The main series games are always made by GameFreak.

Isn't a patch the same as a DLC? They both add code to the game, whether to correct something or add something code is being added that isn't in the game cartridge right?

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Stephen Williams said:
Isn't a patch the same as a DLC? They both add code to the game, whether to correct something or add something code is being added that isn't in the game cartridge right?

They are the same, but I think the ongoing point here, is that they won't have PAID DLC or patches. As soon as you have to pay for something, and it adds somethinng like more plot or a new region, or something I think it falls more under the category of "DLC". Patches, though the same technology, refer to fixing bugs or problems, like the Lumiose city glitch.

Gamefreak HAS had to release patches, twice, to fix issues in the game itself. They haven't released DLC giving us new pokemon, areas, characters or events, and they haven't made us pay for any of it.

It's hard to say what they'll do. Personally, I think updating X/Y to communicate with a few new mega's in ORAS would be more like a patch then paid DLC, but I there's a strong argument for the other side too. And, we're still not sure if they can patch X/Y to include things like new pokemon, or these new forms of Kyogre and Groudon. On the other hand though, why would the patch X/Y to have some of the features of ORAS for free, when they kind of want us to buy ORAS.

(Then again, how many of us who went and got 3DS's for XY AREN'T honestly just going to go buy ORAS? I'm pretty sure it's gonna sell itself. I'm not assuming everyone's in love with it, just saying it's pretty popular!)

I wouldn't consider it DLC (downloadable [exclusive] content) if it comes from the next games and just makes them possible to connect with the older games. It's not really about adding stuff to XY (like DLC), more just a patch to keep the games up-to-date.

Edit: We have actully gotten DLC. For example the Pokébank Celebi would be perfectly normal unlocking-DLC.

That doesn't count. Celebi already existed in XY's coding.

You're talking about adding items and Pokemon that don't already exist in XY. In order for that to happen, Gamefreak would have to force all the XY players to download the ORAS update just to keep the four games compatible with each other, and that's not something I think they're going to do.

PMJ said:

You're talking about adding items and Pokemon that don't already exist in XY. In order for that to happen, Gamefreak would have to force all the XY players to download the ORAS update just to keep the four games compatible with each other, and that's not something I think they're going to do.

It's already happened with XY 1.1 and 1.2--the update is required for local play, apparently:

thekoggles said:
Chariblaze said:
That would be fine if all multiplayer was through the Internet and you had to download updates to play, but what do you do about the people that never connect to the Internet to play--they just went out to a store, bought a 3DS and physical copy of X/Y, and had their local multiplayer fun without ever connecting to a router. Sure, the 3DS encourages you to connect, but what if you don't? I, er, already made a post about this, so I won't go on any more, but I wouldn't be so quick to think it's possible to update every game in every situation. Then again, I might not have any idea what I'm talking about, so you might just want to ignore me. :p

You have to have the latest update to even play local, if the other person has the update. Furthermore, all you have to do is connect it to wifi anywhere and it'll be pushed to you. Plus, Streetpass can give you the update as well. They thought this through already. Updates will come, no matter what.

But yeah, those updates would be relatively small compared to one with new Megas, so they might not risk that.

PMJ said:

I just said it's an example of legit DLC, nothing else.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who doesn't have the capability to update their system by connecting to wifi, also does not have the capability to connect and play with others, so they wouldn't even notice. It's not ideal, but that's the case. I can't really imagine a scenario where someone bought a 3DS, and pokemon X/Y, and does not have in some way a chance to get wifi. Heck, most schools have Wifi. Most coffee shops. The place where they bought the 3DS or the game. Unless their is some few people who got the games and the system and are living in some remote, wifi-less mountain village. And that's assuming that no one their has internet, the games were ordered by good old fashioned mail, everything is on paper... correct me if I'm wrong, but if they have absolutely ZERO ability to connect to wifi, then the games themselves wouldn't be able to even recognize that they need updates, would they not??? Because that information comes through Wifi.

Aerodactyl said:
I'm pretty sure that anyone who doesn't have the capability to update their system by connecting to wifi, also does not have the capability to connect and play with others, so they wouldn't even notice.

They can connect through local play (connecting a 3DS to another 3DS within a range of 30 or so feet). But as long as there's some system in place to let ORAS people distribute updates through Download Play or something, then a patch wouldn't matter much compatibility-wise (there was concern [mine] that there'd be a problem with patching games that are played on 3DS's that never got the game-patching patch of May 2012, but games have shipped with firmware updates since Super Mario 3D Land, so that's probably not a problem).

Chariblaze said:
Aerodactyl said:
I'm pretty sure that anyone who doesn't have the capability to update their system by connecting to wifi, also does not have the capability to connect and play with others, so they wouldn't even notice.

They can connect through local play (connecting a 3DS to another 3DS within a range of 30 or so feet). But as long as there's some system in place to let ORAS people distribute updates through Download Play or something, then a patch wouldn't matter much compatibility-wise (there was concern [mine] that there'd be a problem with patching games that are played on 3DS's that never got the game-patching patch of May 2012, but games have shipped with firmware updates since Super Mario 3D Land, so that's probably not a problem).

Like I said though, unless their living in a village completely devoid of Wifi, I'm sure they could get the update. Any place that they bought the game from would have Wifi and I don't see how they wouldn't let customers access Wifi to update. If they're surrounded by local people who bought OR/AS and want to play locally, someone is going to have Wifi and since it's local, odds are they're friends and would help each other out. This idea of a download play updating systems is REALLY intriguing though! I pretend to know a lot, but really I have a very limited understanding of how patches work on the 3DS.

I'd really like to see a Mega Pelipper, Mega Exploud, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Wailord.

Mega Wailord could be like 60-70 feet long and break the length record, become a flying whale or be bio-luminescent due to being a deep ocean trench creature.

Mega Sharpedo could become a REAL shark. A giant great white (or other type of shark/monstrous creature) capable of crunching a battleship in half, in the shape of an ICBM.

Mega Pelipper as a giant buoy. It's fat already just reduce the wings and make it rounder.

Mega Exploud could be a giant brass instrument.

In all seriousness though, if they do include Megas in these games, I got the feeling many will be water, ground, fire, and flying types due to the trio's typings and abilities.

I see alot of talk here about how if they were going to add new mega evolution's they wouldn't have included the eon duo and the gen 6 event legends in the coding. Well while that's a great argument I say it's already been disproven Alpha kyogre and omega groudon are confirmed to be new something ( formes or megas but since gen 6 is all about megas i'd assume mega evolutions ) If they were just going to be added in OR/AS why weren't they in x/ys coding?

Why wasn't black/white kyrueem in black and whites coding? why wasn't origin form giratina in D/P. They were all new forms introduced outside their main game counter parts. Just like Omega groudon and alpha kyogre .

Besides taking the previous examples given above they could just have it so when you battle someone with Omega ruby/Alpha sapphire and they use new mega evos you don't have the patch for it just won't appear like black kyureem was seen as regular kyureem to b/w players.

Finally like origin form girtina, the kami trios awakened forms and black kyureem mega evolutions are basically new forms in the core aspect of it, and just like platinum introduced new forms and just like black 2 and white 2 introduced new forms i think Omega ruby and alpha sapphire can introduce new forms and thus can introduce new mega evos.

I really hope if we get some new Megas, we get some from more than just gen 3. I haven't played Ruby in so long...I can't remember what pokemon are in Ruby's Dex. (It was actually one of my least favourite generations, beaten only by Generation five, which I think was the worst generation.)

I'm still excited for a remake though, because while I disliked the game on a whole I did like the variety of geography we saw in Hoenn, contests and double battles. I'm hoping ORAS has all of theses things and delivers them even better! Obviously the graphics will be better, and double battles are still a thing, but contests, oh how I miss contests. (And I'm probably the ONLY person in the world who didn't care that much about secret bases. I liked them, but I MUCH preferred contests, and I wouldn't cry if secret bases didn't come back).

As far as new Megas straight from Generation Three... definitely Zangoose and Seviper. I feel like this one is almost a no brainer. I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the weaker early pokemon get one, you know, like the Linoone's, Beautifly's and Dustox's. I feel like the Mega's went to more "advanced" or "stronger" pokemon, however you want to put it.

I also REALLY wouldn't mind a mega Raichu, just because I'm a little tired of seeing Pikachu all the time, and it might make them recognize Raichu again while still keeping their adorable electric rodent. I can't imagine they'd just stop using Pikachu as a mascot pokemon, but maybe they'd start using a mega Raichu more and sort of integrate it

(Hey, now that Ruby and Sapphire are coming back, are we all suddenly gonna remember how much we loved Sinnoh and push for their remakes???)

I'd agree with the no-Megas side (because they present the most logical arguments) if not for the fact that:
While in DP, Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom had placeholders for their forms; in BW, only Kyurem had a placeholder. Correct me if I'm wrong but neither Keldeo or the Kami trio have placeholders for their forms in BW, yet they got new formes in BW2 (and don't forget about Meloetta which already had its two forms in the BW code)...
See the resemblence?

We have the event legends and Mega Latias/Latios discovered, yet we're getting new forms/Megas for Kyogre/Groudon in ORAS... There's no reason for them not to include other forms besides those two, whether or not they wish to make them compatible with XY.

Still, for the people hoping for "tons" of new Megas, besides Kyogre/Groudon (if they are indeed Megas), I wouldn't expect anything more other than Rayquaza, Sceptile and Swampert...

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't have my personal list of Megas I'd like to see:
-Golem & Machamp (because of what Mitja said);
-Sableye, Gallade, Milotic and the aforementioned Sceptile and Swampert (mostly because of counterparting reasons);
-any Gen V or VI pokémon (while the latter may happen with Zygard in the 3rd game/sequels, Gen V pokémon will most likely happen only in the next gen)...

They weren't in, but they stayed exclusive to their games (so no BW2 formes in BW1), which is clearly gonna be the case for ORAS. They'll just make the triggers for Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre untradeable items so that it also makes sense in the games.

New Megas wouldn't be held exclusive to ORAS, because they're the main feature XY added, hence why they'd already put the (only) new megas into XY beforehand (the Lati@s) (and besides, restricting new ones to ORAS would be weirder than actual new formes, as mega stones in general can be traded just fine). And again adding, its not a strong argument, but Mega Blaziken would have been kept for ORAS if they were planned to bring a second mega wave that would by all means include the Hoenn starter megas before anything else anyway.

There could easily be true new formes (Liquid Regice, Powered Regigigas, Pissed Rayquaza or something I cant come up with anything legit right now lol..) and who knows what. But at least new Megas specifically are unlikely.

That raises this topic back in a more interesting form actually!
Its ABSOLUTELY REALISTIC for there to be any amount of PROPER new formes (heck we got 2 on the box covers already), so I'd love to see more talk about such, instead of the generic "mega" ideas that probably aren't happening for now anyway.

Actual formes that add a unique prefix, think the genies getting unexpected "Therian" formes in BW2, and Rotoms "Wash/Mow/etc" formes...

What could get new formes and what would they be called etc?

EDIT:
another idea, although it scares me a bit LOL
What if gamefreak went crazy and gave random pokemon Omega and Alpha formes in the same vein as Megas? XDDD
Think of it as a special kind of version exclusive megas.
Alpha Swampert
Omega Sceptile
Alpha Ludicolo
Omega Shiftry
Alpha Golduck
Omega Golem
Alpha Sharpedo
Omega Machamp
Omega Flygon
Omega Claydol
Alpha Wailord
Omega Camerupt
Alpha Kingdra
Alpha Salamence
Omega Metagross
Alpha Milotic
Alpha Walrein
Omega and Alpha Rayquaza (like Charizard getting X and Y)

with Alphas having a sea/water/darkness-association made stronger or added, and Omegas their land/ground/fire-association improved. Basically what you'd expect with "Aqua" and "Magma" prefixes, but less limiting.

oh crap...this could then be the beginning of theme-based formes for regular pokemon for all future games X_X muahahaha

Just imagine how we'd have space-themed pseudo-evolutions in DP sequels/remakes xD
maybe moon and sun-themed prefixes?
-Lunar Clefable
-Solar Roserade
-Lunar Weavile
-Lunar Gliscor
-Solar Electivire
-Solar Magmortar
But I'd think something that would fit in front of Dialga and Palkia better would make more sense. Just can't think of anything better right now.

And then
-Paleo Reshiram
-Neo Zekrom
giving us primeval and futuristic variations of the "mega evolution"-mechanic for gen 5 nostalgia-games.
-Paleo Mandibuzz
-Neo Braviary
-Paleo Reuniclus
-Neo Gothitelle
-Paleo Beheeyem
-Paleo Golurk
-Neo Klinklang

Some more good old Megas added in an inevitable Kanto/Johto revisit.

And in some new generation, BAMMMM, Power and Speed evos.
-Speed Pidgeot
-Power Staraptor
-Speed Arcanine
-Power Dragonite

Or Light and Dark evos LOL

Corrupted evos o_O

ETC

You know what Mitja? I don't think it will happen this generation, but I'm pretty sure ten years down the road, they'll get there. Because they can't just keep adding and adding new pokemon, soon it's probably gonna all be about new forms, like your saying. Heck, Charizard already has two forms. Maybe it IS sooner than I think.

So I was just battling and I battled someone with a Mega-Latias, has the stone been released and if so how do we obtain it? I felt like this is relevant to this thread seeing as how Mega Latias/ Latios stones are to be released in OR/AS. I don't know how to upload my battles but if someone was to instruct me on how to do so I will to prove I'm not lying.

Stephen Williams said:
So I was just battling and I battled someone with a Mega-Latias, has the stone been released and if so how do we obtain it? I felt like this is relevant to this thread seeing as how Mega Latias/ Latios stones are to be released in OR/AS. I don't know how to upload my battles but if someone was to instruct me on how to do so I will to prove I'm not lying.

Mega Latios, Latias, and Shiny Legendary Trio Unlocked in Game Hacks

Back