New Ditto Coming out

ashtavakra

Overlord
108-ditto.jpg

Can anybody explain to me, why this card is even being printed with this stupid power?
I don't see any use to this power or strategy? If I am missing something could somebody please explain to me, why this card would have potential to be used in any deck>?

EDIT: I went ahead and added the scan now that it's out. ~ Serperior.

What is the point of this card???
I don't see any point of using this card in any conditions.
It's silly ability makes things worse just by running it.
Trash card.

Random Numbers said:
What is the point of this card???
I don't see any point of using this card in any conditions.
It's silly ability makes things worse just by running it.
Trash card.

complete trash

It could be used like if you had a starter you REALLY need then you have 8 of it and if you don't get it you use a supporter or other card to get the starter and Transform. It is most certainly not trash, but probably not meta either.

Well, I was thinking (Like a bunch of other people) that you could drop it down with a few prisms/blend so it will be more unexpected on what's being placed.

It can also help you get out Stage 2s easier (think a 1-0-1 line) as it can function as anything and you don't have to worry about Pokemon Catcher as much as without Ditto.

dmaster out.

I'M pretty sure Ditto's idea, is that you use it to obtain the CORRECT Pokemon in the Active slot according to your strategy. Think for a moment guys. How many times have you been pressed into a dangerous situation because you ended up starting with Deino in a Darkreigon Deck, or Swablu in a Galtaria Deck, or Tynamo in an Eels Deck??

Also, it adds more Basic Pokemon in your Deck, which can prevent mulligans, and more Pokemon in general in your Deck, which MIGHT make Pokemon Communication viable, depending on the Deck's strategy.

OH LOL.

Now I feel like a fool. I was reading Ditto's ability backwards. I was thinking you lay Ditto down onto another basic. LOL. But it's the opposite.
Now it all makes sense and I can start thinking about decks. :)

Just my 2 cents, but couldn'd Ditto be used for something feeble (ie, Tynamo), then just ''Transform'' into Tynamo T2, and pop out an Eelektrik right away? This way your Tynamo line has a nice 70HP start rather than the weak 30HP basics (before people come wih arguements ''but you could still end up with tynamo'' and such, isn't that always the case?)? Of course I don't know the complete ruling, but seeing it also copies any ''effects'', wouldn't it also transfer the ''already one turn present on the field'' effect to an evolving basic?

In case any of the above is false or just doesn't make sense, I think Ditto is nothing more than a Trolling card, with a mild use of boosting consistency a little in decks that use a small amount of useful pokémon.

I kinda dig the idea of playing it when there are basics that are harder to get a hold of, ex:
4 ditto, 1 darkrai ex, 4 revive
I mean if you're so poor that you have to sacrifice consistency to save money, this is an option.
✌☹✌

I still dunno how good it would be. Last format and the one before it could have been more relevant because it's an extra basic to prevent donks. you could start Ditto + Tynamo instead of just Tynamo, and then drop a Zekrom on it later. Otherwise I dont' see any use.

This card is good for Mewtwo wars, since you can attach to it without setting it up for your opponent's Mewtwo to KO it for 2 prizes.

Cinema said:
This card is good for Mewtwo wars, since you can attach to it without setting it up for your opponent's Mewtwo to KO it for 2 prizes.

If you run DCE though, they might suspect it when they see a DCE on a ditto.
(Did they just add a like system to the forums?)

I would still refrain from attaching the DCE until you're ready to use it because it you attach it early and it gets hammered away, you're out 2 Energy with only a Ditto to show for it.

I might play 1 Ditto in a few decks just for suprise factor. I think it has plenty of potential in some strange situations and is probably more of a niche card than anything, but it isn't bad by any means.

o0Flint0o said:
Cinema said:

If you run DCE though, they might suspect it when they see a DCE on a ditto.
(Did they just add a like system to the forums?)

They could, but if you run a few attackers that can take advantage of DCE as well, they might not see it coming (things like Raikou, Zekrom, etc.). I would probably wait to attach the DCE myself, but if you lay two Dittos down, it gives you a lot of insurance. Basically the more Dittos you have, the more of the other things you can lay down.

dmaster out.

Back