ORAS New Content For Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire?

Ace Valentine

Aspiring Trainer
What i clearly mean, in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, you can walk along together with your first party pokemon, will that feature be there in the 3rd gen remakes too? Also, gen 2 remakes had a more story plot, and extra content, Nintendo said that we players will get to see something more in the 3rd gen remakes, did they actually meant some new feature? Same as gen 2? Even better?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
RE: Pokemon Omega Ruby - Alpha Sapphire will get the same aesthetics as gen 2 remakes?

Pokemon walking behind the character - from the footage we've seen/info we've got, it's not coming back
story plot - from what we've seen, it looks like ORAS will just be copypaste remakes for the most part... although we know that there will definitely be a deviance from the original to include Primal Kyogre/Groudon and Mega Evolution (although to what extent we don't know)

Aerodactyl

Don't listen to her, she's crazy
RE: Pokemon Omega Ruby - Alpha Sapphire will get the same aesthetics as gen 2 remakes?

It is really impossible to say right now what extra content they're going to include plot and story wise, especially because that's not the kind of thing that's easy to advertise or even should be advertised. We could get an expanded plot, the other two remakes did, but we're not likely to see any evidence of it in trailers; they'd behave too much like plot spoilers. Easier to advertise features like contests, because if doesn't give anything away, but they can't be like "play through Wallace becoming champion and watch Juan take over the gym" because it gives a lot of plot away. We all know or can find out the original plot of the games, but they wouldn't want to give away everything they added. I don't believe the other two remakes ever mentioned the extra story content they did. Their could be no new plot content besides primal reversion, but we're not likely to know until release, because they won't show it if its not there, and they probably won't show it if it is.

As for pokemon following you, its a feature I miss too :(. However, its not likely we will see this return in any game any time soon because it would take so much extra work. We have over seven hundred Pokemon, some even have different forms which add even more. They'd have to do individual art work for each Pokemon AND code that all in the game, plus we dont just move in a simple four directions now, which doubles the artwork needed in HGSS. It would take a lot of memory to do that, I believe it's the same reason only pikachu speaks in the games, because to give it go all Pokemon would put to many strains on the system and it would lag.

As for new areas, who knows? Again, its something we are most likely to see after release. I think their is a chance they will give us a new mini region to explore again like Sevii islands, but that can't be confirmed or denied either way.

Secret bases and contests aren't concepts new to the series, but they've been updated and improved and added newly to generation 6 as features. We could be getting some other new feature they haven't shown yet, such as the battle frontier, but we don't know yet. I personally think the frontier will make an appearance again.

Queen Sylveon

夜明け前 吹き荒れた風は何の前触れ?

Imagine
wailord.gif
walking behind you. With the 3D effect, I really don't think so. However, if this feature WAS added, I'd say only small Pokémon could like
vulpix.gif
goomy-2.gif
raichu-f.gif
, pretty much any Pokémon that won't destroy the area because of its size.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

What His Goominess and Aerodactyl said.
What I miss the most is definitely Pokémon walking behind us and as far as we know and not counting the graphical and Primals, these remakes don't have any great new feature as the walking behind. Secret bases are being expanded but still, is not something that big and that really makes us connect to our Pokémon like the former. I'll be waiting to see opinions from players and only then will I decide if I buy it or not, because I also don't have yet a 3DS so these games have to be worhtwhile to make me buy one.

Queen Sylveon said:
Imagine
wailord.gif
walking behind you. With the 3D effect, I really don't think so. However, if this feature WAS added, I'd say only small Pokémon could like
vulpix.gif
goomy-2.gif
raichu-f.gif
, pretty much any Pokémon that won't destroy the area because of its size.

3D doesn't mean that Wailord gets to be its actual size. That (overworld sprite true to its size) could also be done in 2D and yet it wasn't the case, so Pokémon walking behind us could be a reality and size isn't a problem. I don't know Wailord's size in battle but if it's its real size, again, in 3D and when out of battle it doesn't need to be that way.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
If they adapt the size like in previous generations I don't think it should be a major issue to include Pokémon following you. They might want to avoid it, because it can look unrealistic with improved graphics. I would love the feature, however, and think it should exist with practical limitations. A Magikarp could follow you while surfing, but on land it's not that practical and with the improved graphics it would look even weirder. For any Pokémon that can fly or lives on the land it shouldn't be a problem.

Right now there's not much to say about other new content. I of course hope there will be new things to explore. It's definitely possible, since they added new areas for Heart Gold and Soul Silver too.

Leaf_Ranger

Drohn said:
If they adapt the size like in previous generations I don't think it should be a major issue to include Pokémon following you. They might want to avoid it, because it can look unrealistic with improved graphics. I would love the feature, however, and think it should exist with practical limitations. A Magikarp could follow you while surfing, but on land it's not that practical and with the improved graphics it would look even weirder. For any Pokémon that can fly or lives on the land it shouldn't be a problem.

Right now there's not much to say about other new content. I of course hope there will be new things to explore. It's definitely possible, since they added new areas for Heart Gold and Soul Silver too.

Unless it could splash (same with any other fish Pokémon unable to stand on land)! :p

Drohn

Wild War Dance
It is possible, but it would look very sad. :p Now if only Mega Slowbro could stay in that form after battles and follow you. I wonder what that would look like...

Mitja

veteran smartass

At this point, we should be lucky if we even get a Frontier instead of just the Battle Tower xD

What I mean is, all footage so far seems to point to these remakes being very "true to the originals", with the obvious upgrades and updates necessary for any gen VI game.

Aerodactyl said:
I believe it's the same reason only pikachu speaks in the games, because to give it go all Pokemon would put to many strains on the system and it would lag.

Oh dear, hell no.
The anime made the whole "speaking it's name"-thing up to make kids remember the creatures names (that's my personal #1 reason for disliking the anime altogether, because it's silly and makes no sense).
The games are the actual canon, and in their world, Pokemon make all kinds of noises, just like you'd expect hundreds of diverse animals(monsters/creatures to do.
Sometimes they are similar to RL counterparts, sometimes not. Heck many don't even have vocal chords, so their "cry" is some other noise they can make, which throws the idea of this being a universal thing for all pokemon out the window anyway.

I can tolerate Pikachu, because he's the huge (IMO undeserved) mascot of the franchise and known for that.

Sorry for the off-topic xD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This is something that's really, really bothering me about this game. The game is looking way too similar to the originals, even compared to older remakes (particularly HGSS). Everything we've learned about the games is either things we already knew about from the originals (old characters, Contests, Secret Bases), features carried over from XY (Pokemon Amie), and new Mega Evolutions. And not only that, but news reveals are constantly shooting down any possibility for these games to be a significantly different experience over the originals (minimal region design changes, little to no Emerald features, no dex expansion). I'm sorry, but I don't buy games so I can do the exact same things I did before, especially in an era where we've had games like Platinum and BW2 that show us that even a revisit to an old region can do so much more. I play games for the new things that they add to the game, and I'm not seeing much "new" here. I'm still waiting around for the possibility of them revealing a new feature or something in Coro Coro, but considering the amount of old information left to get through and how XY turned out in the end, I'm not holding my breath for one or for it to make up for what this game isn't doing. More than likely, this will probably be the first Pokemon game that I end up skipping.

Leaf_Ranger

Drohn said:
It is possible, but it would look very sad. :p Now if only Mega Slowbro could stay in that form after battles and follow you. I wonder what that would look like...

It would either spin on its tail, roll on the floor or float due to its Psychic powers...OR, and not related to Mega-evolution, Mega Slowbro could never stay in that form because it would be eaten by Shellder! U_U

Mitja

veteran smartass
Bolt the Cat said:
This is something that's really, really bothering me about this game. The game is looking way too similar to the originals, even compared to older remakes (particularly HGSS). Everything we've learned about the games is either things we already knew about from the originals (old characters, Contests, Secret Bases), features carried over from XY (Pokemon Amie), and new Mega Evolutions. And not only that, but news reveals are constantly shooting down any possibility for these games to be a significantly different experience over the originals (minimal region design changes, little to no Emerald features, no dex expansion). I'm sorry, but I don't buy games so I can do the exact same things I did before, especially in an era where we've had games like Platinum and BW2 that show us that even a revisit to an old region can do so much more. I play games for the new things that they add to the game, and I'm not seeing much "new" here. I'm still waiting around for the possibility of them revealing a new feature or something in Coro Coro, but considering the amount of old information left to get through and how XY turned out in the end, I'm not holding my breath for one or for it to make up for what this game isn't doing. More than likely, this will probably be the first Pokemon game that I end up skipping.

I'm probably getting it anyway, even if just for hearing the music and access to the new megas...but an info about an exciting battle frontier with move tutors would make the decision much easier lol.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Mitja said:
I'm probably getting it anyway, even if just for hearing the music and access to the new megas...but an info about an exciting battle frontier with move tutors would make the decision much easier lol.

You can get the New Megas and Move Tutors in Z, the Battle Frontier in Emerald, and the new music on Youtube.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

You can get the New Megas and Move Tutors in Z, the Battle Frontier in Emerald, and the new music on Youtube.

Not with an Inverse battle facility :D

Aerodactyl

Bolt the Cat said:
Aerodactyl said:
There's an inverse battle facility in x/y? I thought it was just one battle!!!

It doesn't really matter if it's one battle or an entire facility.

Well it matters to me! If its a facility, I can battle my friends online, I can do it more than once a day, plus they'll have a brain frontier, etc.

But seriously, can you do multiple inverse battles in X/Y? I don't know. I thought it was one battle.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Aerodactyl said:
Bolt the Cat said:
It doesn't really matter if it's one battle or an entire facility.

Well it matters to me! If its a facility, I can battle my friends online, I can do it more than once a day, plus they'll have a brain frontier, etc.

But seriously, can you do multiple inverse battles in X/Y? I don't know. I thought it was one battle.

Pretty sure it's just that house on Rt. 18.

Aerodactyl

Bolt the Cat said:
Pretty sure it's just that house on Rt. 18.

Oh. So it is just one battle a day with that guy and you can't battle with friends. You got me all excited XD