ORAS New Content For Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Seven is a Color said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Yes, but the million dollar question is if they're hiding anything that wasn't in the original RSE.
There are some clouds south of Southern Island and south of the water maze route. I don't remember there being anything in those places in RSE, but I could be wrong.

Sealed Chamber is south of Rt. 133, it could be that.

And nothing guarantees that the clouds mean anything, for one because there's clouds in the corners of the map which are decorative and secondly because in past games (XY most notably) some of the clouds weren't actually hiding anything.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
Don't forget, there were several islands and landmasses on the original Hoenn map that were never utilized in any way. The fact that at least two of those islands are still present in the new map artwork (not to mention larger and much more detailed) could indicate they serve a purpose this time around. Specifically, the island below Pacifidlog is even bigger than it used to be, and now appears to have a flat plateau jutting out to provide access from R131. In addition, the island north of R134 has also received a makeover, making me think both areas may contain new post-game content.

But the one that really bugs me is that weird lens-flared spot on the new map directly below R134. It's a perfect freaking circle over an area of the ocean that was completely empty in the original games; heck, they didn't even try to make it look like a cloud. Every time I look at it, I get the impression that they either blooped something out at the last second, or tried to put a sun in the middle of the ocean for some reason.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Kitana Coldfire said:
Don't forget, there were several islands and landmasses on the original Hoenn map that were never utilized in any way. The fact that at least two of those islands are still present in the new map artwork (not to mention larger and much more detailed) could indicate they serve a purpose this time around. Specifically, the island below Pacifidlog is even bigger than it used to be, and now appears to have a flat plateau jutting out to provide access from R131. In addition, the island north of R134 has also received a makeover, making me think both areas may contain new post-game content.

Aside from possibly that dirt patch south of Pacifidlog, it doesn't look like any of those islands are explorable actually. There'd be much more detail on them otherwise, we'd be able to see some kind of path or landmark on them if we could go there.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
Bolt the Cat said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

Aside from possibly that dirt patch south of Pacifidlog, it doesn't look like any of those islands are explorable actually. There'd be much more detail on them otherwise, we'd be able to see some kind of path or landmark on them if we could go there.

True, but I always felt that having them there with no purpose was such a waste. I could see them being used in a kind of nature preserve setting, without any settlements. But I'm just pondering out loud, really.