ORAS New Content For Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire?

Bolt the Cat said:
Aerodactyl said:
Oh. So it is just one battle a day with that guy and you can't battle with friends. You got me all excited XD

Is there anything that doesn't excite you?

Not really, you caught me :D I'm stupidally optimistic and a really simple person. I only like a few video games and Pokemon is one of them (actually the main one and the only one I'm good at). I was pretty much sentenced to never be disspointed once I saw contests return in the same way they were in the originals. They were my favourite.

Aerodactyl said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Is there anything that doesn't excite you?

Not really, you caught me :D I'm stupidally optimistic and a really simple person. I only like a few video games and Pokemon is one of them (actually the main one and the only one I'm good at). I was pretty much sentenced to never be disspointed once I saw contests return in the same way they were in the originals. They were my favourite.

Same, Altough for 3 years from 6th-9th grade I hated pokemon ( or tried to hate it rather) before I got back into it with black 2

I'd be surprised and dissapointed if the Battle Frontier didn't make a reappearance, considering the fact that it was present in HG/SS. It was also the sole reason that I had so many hours on my Emerald. Even though it didn't have all the new mechanics that Gen IV had, the Gen III BF is my favourite. The tournaments were so fun, and the Battle Factory and Pyramid were also really cool.

As for the theory that there will not be much postgame content because X/Y didn't have much if any, I don't think that you can really take X/Y into the equation, as they aren't really "finished" games yet; that will come with Z (or whatever they call it).

So, what do you guys think of any new content showing up? (Since this thread is about new content). I think we could get a little mini game to replace the game corner, assuming they didn't just remove it entirely in that new giant building Mauville city.

Also wondering what kind of safari zone we'll have again. They might bring the friend safari back, but it does seem to be a feature previously used as a post game thing. Plus, it would have all of these Pokemon that probably aren't in the Dex before becoming champion. So maybe we get a friend safari somewhere else and a safari more like the old ones. Did the original safari zone in third gen make you throw rocks? I don't remember it in ruby.

Ice Espeon said:
As for the theory that there will not be much postgame content because X/Y didn't have much if any, I don't think that you can really take X/Y into the equation, as they aren't really "finished" games yet; that will come with Z (or whatever they call it).

But even compared to other beginning of generation games it doesn't have a lot of content, there hasn't been a game with that little content since the original RSE. So what hope does ORAS have if this generation started out with lower than average post game content?

Aerodactyl said:
So, what do you guys think of any new content showing up? (Since this thread is about new content). I think we could get a little mini game to replace the game corner, assuming they didn't just remove it entirely in that new giant building Mauville city.

Also wondering what kind of safari zone we'll have again. They might bring the friend safari back, but it does seem to be a feature previously used as a post game thing. Plus, it would have all of these Pokemon that probably aren't in the Dex before becoming champion. So maybe we get a friend safari somewhere else and a safari more like the old ones. Did the original safari zone in third gen make you throw rocks? I don't remember it in ruby.

Not quite, but it functioned the same. The options were Come Closer or Throw a Pokeblock.

Bolt the Cat said:
Ice Espeon said:

But even compared to other beginning of generation games it doesn't have a lot of content, there hasn't been a game with that little content since the original RSE. So what hope does ORAS have if this generation started out with lower than average post game content.

I don't think that there is a logical argument that could be made strongly on either side to tip the scale. The thing is, both points are equally valid and based on opinion. It also depends on what you value as post game content. For me personally, I already think its great and better than X/Y for post game. If the battle frontier showed up, or even a new feature, I'd consider it perfect post game. But Bolt is right that from what we've seen so far, we can't confirm any new post game areas to explore. There's still time for something to show up, and I think it could and they're hinting at it, but until confirmation its just speculation, on both sides.

Personally, I don't think what we had in X/Y for post game will affect ORAS' post game as much as other factors. Its probably gonna depend more on how they've changed the plot of the original RSE and how many features of previous games they want to add too ORAS, like friend safari and mega evolution. It will depend on how much time they were given for these games, and if they took in to account fans complaints about the lack of post game in X/Y.

so one thing I've noticed on the new trailer

When the player is in Meteor Falls with the teams and a few others, both Brendan and May are there (whereas in the originals it was only the player character).

Really hoping this means the rival has more of a role in ORAS as opposed to RS, as I felt they were just there a few times and battled (and after Lilycove/their last battle they had like zero relevance) and that was it.

we didn't even see their fully evolved starter....
I really hope they have the following with the rival:
-more involvement in the story (in particular more interaction with the evil teams, not so they stalk the teams but just so they actually acknowledge the existence of said teams)
-more battles. I was disappointed when they didn't even have a fully evolved starter, but when we only got like 4 battles with them (including the lv.5 starter battle) that just really annoyed me. If levels stay the same, then at least one more battle in the main story (with the rival utilising the Mega for the starter, if they don't even do this I will rage) and hopefully postgame daily battles.

I can't really think of a reason for them to be there*, but I'd like to see Raikou, Entei, and Suicune appear. The last in-game (meaning, not counting wi-fi events because not everyone has access to those) appearance they had was in HGSS. The birds and the golems have appeared in more games than them. And I mean that I'd like all three to appear, not that dumb "one appears depending on your starter" thing they did for the beasts in FRLG and the birds in XY.

*Not that the other post-game legendaries really had a reason to be in the other regions.

Seven is a Color said:
I can't really think of a reason for them to be there*, but I'd like to see Raikou, Entei, and Suicune appear. The last in-game (meaning, not counting wi-fi events because not everyone has access to those) appearance they had was in HGSS. The birds and the golems have appeared in more games than them. And I mean that I'd like all three to appear, not that dumb "one appears depending on your starter" thing they did for the beasts in FRLG and the birds in XY.

*Not that the other post-game legendaries really had a reason to be in the other regions.

If they were to appear, I would like the mechanic to be just how the birds were in XY, though. Being able to soft reset a roamer that becomes stationary for good IVs is an amazing advantage, instead of finding, saving, catching, checking, resetting, defeating, beat E4, rinsing, repeating, getting annoyed. Although, I would love the dogs to appear in any form really, since they are my favorite trio followed by the birds and the genies.

It's a shot in the dark that I'm not expecting to pan out, but it would be nice if they added some new pokeballs. Since Gen III introduced the first true type-specific Net Ball (not counting the Moon Ball, since that's more species-specific), maybe they could take the opportunity to add more balls that are effective for capturing different types of pokemon.

Just a few examples off the top of my head: a Magnet Ball, which would be good for catching Electric and Steel types; an Esper Ball could be particularly effective in catching Psychic and Ghost types; a Mineral Ball for Rock and Ground types, a Noxious Ball for Poison and Dark types-- you get the idea.

We haven't had a bunch of new pokeballs added since Gen IV, and Gen V only gave us one new pokeball, the Dream Ball. Plus, if they retain the breeding feature of the mother passing down the pokeball (or better yet, they adding an option to choose what ball to put a hatchling in), it would serve as a perfectly good excuse to add some new balls mid-gen. A girl can dream, can't she?

NoDice said:
If they were to appear, I would like the mechanic to be just how the birds were in XY, though. Being able to soft reset a roamer that becomes stationary for good IVs is an amazing advantage, instead of finding, saving, catching, checking, resetting, defeating, beat E4, rinsing, repeating, getting annoyed. Although, I would love the dogs to appear in any form really, since they are my favorite trio followed by the birds and the genies.
I'm fine if the mechanic of roaming and then becoming stationary stays (although I'm even more fine with them being stationary to begin with). I just want all three to appear. Only being able to get one is dumb.

Battle Frontier confirmed? If so, the above pic shows that won't look the same as it was 12 years ago, but is it true? Also, w/ the background glitter-like stuff, is the seasons mechanic returning in ORAS?

^ If above is authentic, this battle frontier might have a different feel, not to mention, from what I saw on the possible rumor mill, Mirage Island, a location in pokemon R/S/E, possibly gone in the ORAS remakes...

^ If you don't believe that the pic above is true, then, unless the image is truly fake, then compare the old arena's entry walkway to the new one, as stated in above image. You might think there's a bridge that's not present on original version, not to mention the glitter/snow effect around you(which signals the return of seasons, after that mechanic took a break for XY)...

^ I'm not jumping to conclusions, but if the above is confirmed, the Battle Frontier may be back, but it's not the same one as Emerald's, but it's still something to look forward to, in terms of trying to beat the same old Brains...

cardgjammer said:
Battle Frontier confirmed, but won't look the same as it was 12 years ago? Also, w/ the background glitter-like stuff, is the seasons mechanic returning in ORAS?

^ If above is authentic, this battle frontier might have a different feel, w/ Mirage Island, a location in pokemon R/S/E, possibly gone in the ORAS remakes... Don't believe me? Then, unless the image is truly fake, then compare the old arena's entry walkway to the new one, as stated in above image...

^ I'm not jumping to conclusions, but if the above is confirmed, the Battle Frontier may be back, but it's not the same one as Emerald's, but it's still something to look forward to, in terms of trying to beat the same old Brains...

The shot shown there appears to be the path leading up to the first elite 4 room, and the building shown has some resemblance to the one on the Hoenn map. (although its too small to say anything definitive quite yet)
Also, in the battle with Sidney, its possible to see the same style of fencing around the side.

I would really not be surprised if this was just the path to the Elite Four.
Hopefully CoroCoro will leak soon and give us some insight about a Battle Frontier... though I personally don't have my hopes up, considering that a lot of Emerald things don't seem to be in the game.

His Goominess said:
Hopefully CoroCoro will leak soon and give us some insight about a Battle Frontier... though I personally don't have my hopes up, considering that a lot of Emerald things don't seem to be in the game.

I don't think they'll talk about the Battle Frontier until November/December-ish, they usually wait until near release IIRC. There's still plenty of things for CoroCoro to cover anyway, the remaining characters (still no sign of Wally), legendaries, the Trick House, the Safari Zone, that thing where you sneak up on Pikachu.

Do they usually reveal all the game features before the release or do they save some stuff? It must be a careful balance, because if they don't show us enough they don't raise hype, but if they show us everything we're gonna be dissapointed when we actually play. I'm just trying to prepare myself for the coro coro leaks that I hope will happen next week, but I don't want my hopes up too high.

Aerodactyl said:
Do they usually reveal all the game features before the release or do they save some stuff? It must be a careful balance, because if they don't show us enough they don't raise hype, but if they show us everything we're gonna be dissapointed when we actually play. I'm just trying to prepare myself for the coro coro leaks that I hope will happen next week, but I don't want my hopes up too high.

All of the major stuff they show off before release, usually the features that they don't show off are either less significant or post game.

The Battle Tower/Frontier area is covered in clouds, and so is the Sky Pillar and a few other places. I don't think they want to spoil those before release.

Seven is a Color said:
The Battle Tower/Frontier area is covered in clouds, and so is the Sky Pillar and a few other places. I don't think they want to spoil those before release.

Yes, but the million dollar question is if they're hiding anything that wasn't in the original RSE.

Bolt the Cat said:
Yes, but the million dollar question is if they're hiding anything that wasn't in the original RSE.
There are some clouds south of Southern Island and south of the water maze route. I don't remember there being anything in those places in RSE, but I could be wrong.

Back