TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: Done. Finished. Complete. 649 Pokémon+. RIP Neo Redux (For now...)!

Congratulations! Your work is amazing and I'm glad that you saw it out for 3 whole years!

RE: Neo Redux: Done. Finished. Complete. 649 Pokémon+. RIP Neo Redux (For now...)!

All that's left for you to do now is simply so the other forms for the other Pokémon that have more than 1 form.

hazama_gif_by_davinci678-d4jxro2.gif

After all that hard work and effort, you have the lot. Only a few minor things and forms to clean up and add now, but for the most part, you are done.

I salute you.

Damn, I haven't commented in too long.

Going to say the Scizor is really nice. Was interested to see how that card would adapt to Neo; 'tis not as OP'd as I was worried it might be tbh.

^ You needn't have worried, Flame Claw. All the hard work has finally paid off.

Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks for all the support!

I spent most of today updating the Poison, Bug, and Ground blanks/symbols. There's a few that I didn't get to -- usually, it was because I accidentally saved over the .psd file so it'll take time to basically remake the card from scratch. I know that's the case for Grimer, Combee, Vibrava, and Hippowdon.

If some of you wouldn't mind doing me a favor and search for errors/things I need to update, that would be extremely helpful! I know there's a few Ghosts I need to blank update (and some might even need a symbol update...yikes), Flying types that need updates (both blank and[/u] Ground Resistance symbol) and a lot of Colorless Pokémon will need the Ghost Resistance symbol updated (I started to get through it, then realized there were tons). I figure a checklist would help make updates go quickly...I started one, but I might not catch everything.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Neo Redux: Done. Finished. COMPLETE. 649 Pokémon+. Now I need YOUR help!

^
Going by type combinations, I'd say that Bug/Poison types (like Weedle, Kakuna and Beedrill) do not need Fighting Resistance.
Fearow's Heavy Feather should read "Does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each Energy in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost."
Sandslash needs both blank and symbol updates.
Nidoqueen's Pokémon Power should read "This power stops working while Nidoqueen is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed."
Nidoking's Tail Quake attack needs to read at the end of it "(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)"
Ninetales should read "Put Ninetales on the Basic Pokémon"
Vileplume needs it's Poison symbol updated.
Parasect's Parasitism attack should be 40+, and it should read "This attack does 40 damage plus 10 more damage for each Basic Pokémon in play, minus 10 damage for each Evolved Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponents). (For example, if there are 7 Basic Pokémon and 5 Evolved Pokémon in play (including this one), this attack would do 40 damage plus 20 more damage)
The "E" in "Energy" in Growlithe's Puppy Flame attack needs to be capitalized.
The attack requrement for Poliwhirl's Wake-Up Jab should read [W] [W] [C] (W = Water, C = Colorless).
Alakazam should read "Put Alakazam on the Stage 1 card".
The Poison symbol for Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Tentacool and Tentacruel needs to be updated.
Golem should read "Put Golem on the Stage 1 card"
On Rapidash's Flaming Race attack, the word "damage" should be after the number 70 in the attack's effect.
Weakness for Magnemite, Magneton and Magnezone should be Ground.
Seel's Cold Waters attack needs to have the base damage 10+.
Grimer needs both blank and symbols updated.
Electrode's Rolling Bomb attack needs to have at the end of it's effect "(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)"
Lickitung's Rollout attack should read "Search your deck for a card that evolves from Licitung and put that card onto Lickitung. This counts as Evolving Lickitung. Shuffle your deck afterward." - I do not recall Lickitung evolving into Mamoswine
Rhydon needs both its blank and symbols updated.
Magmar needs posting again as the picture for it can't be found unless they go through this thread.
The "R" and "C" in the word "Retreat Cost" needs to be capitalized in Lapras' Arctic Ocean Liner attack.
Aerodactyl needs it's Ground type symbol updated.
Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres need their symbols updated, and like Magmar, I'm afraid you will need to upload it again.
Dratini needs its symbols and blank updated.
How much HP does Totodile have?
Sentret and Furret need symbol updates.
Chinchou and Laturn need symbol updates.
Natu and Xatu need symbol updates.
Hoppip needs its Ground symbol updated.
Espeon's Psychic attack's base damage should read "30+".
The "A" in "Apply" in Misdreavus' Distressing Ulutate attack should not be capitalized.
Granbull has Buneary's picture in the evolution icon, instead of Snubbull.
Swinub and Skarmory need symbol updates.
The base damage for Hondour's Reckless Bark attack should read "20+".
Houndoom's Eternal Burn's attack requirement should read [R] [D] [D].
Kingdra needs a symbol update.
Donphan has Drilbur's picture in the evolution icon, instead of Phanpy.
Smeargle's Color Wheel attack should read "Does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each type of Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's)."
Miltank needs a symbol update.
Suicune's Aurora Winds attack's base damage should read "30+".
Tyranitar's Sweeping Mass attack should read "Does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each [Rock] and [D] Energy card in your discard pile. Then, shuffle all [Rock] and [D] Energy cards from your discard pile into your deck."
The second "O" in Ho-Oh's name should be Capitalized.
Celebi's Classification should read "Time Travel"
Blaziken's Charred Punt attack should read "Discard 1 [R] Energy card attached to Blaziken or this attack does nothing. If the Defending Pokémon is Burned, this attack does 50 damage plus 30 more damage."
Mightyena's Alpha attack needs to have "(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)" at the end of it's effect.
Zigzagoon needs a symbol update.
Silcoon and Cascoon need pictures.
Lotad, Lombre and Luducolo all need symbol updates.
Taillow's Defiance attack should read "If Taillow would be Knocked Out by an attack during your opponent's next turn, flip a coin. If heads, Taillow is not Knocked Out, and its remaining HP becomes 10 instead."
Wingull needs a symbol update.
Gardevoir should read "Put Gardevoir on the Stage 1 card".
Masquerain needs a symbol update.
The "P" in "Power" within the effect Vigoroth's Family Oddity Pokémon Power should not be capitalized.
Skitty needs a Symbol update
Sableye's Weakness should be [Fairy]
Mawile's Weakness should be [R], and it's symbols needs to be updated.
Aron needs a symbol update.
Lairon's Steadfest attack should read "If Lairon would be Knocked Out by an attack during your opponent's next turn, flip a coin. If heads, Lairon is not Knocked Out, and its remaining HP becomes 10 instead."
Aggron's Landslide; attack requirement should read [Rock] [M] [C] [C].
Vibrava (though needs redoing as you said) needs blank and symbol update.
Zangoose needs a symbols update.
Castform Normal Form needs a symbol update.
Kecleon has Eevee's Pokédex information. It should read "It changes body color to blend in with its surroundings. It also changes color if it is happy or sad. LV. 31 #352".
Shuppet needs both symbol and blank update.
Tropius and Chimecho need symbol updates.
The "(before your attack)" within Absol's Pokémon Power should be in italics.
Sealeo and Walrein's Weakness should be [L] - this is based on the fact that Spheal's Weakness is also [L].
Weakness for Beldum, Metang and Metagross should be [R] or [Ghost].
Rayquaza will need uploading, like Magmar and Moltres.
Jirachi's Weakness should be [R].
Prinplup has Horsea's picture in the evolution icon instead of Piplup, and Prinplup's Weakness should be [G].
Empoleon's Weakness should be either [G] or [Ground].
Bastiodon's Bastion Walls attack should read "If Bastiodon would be Knocked Out by an attack during your opponent's next turn, flip a coin. If heads, Bastiodon is not Knocked Out, and its remaining HP becomes 10 instead."
Combee (once redone) needs a symbol update.
Weakness for Bronzor and Bronzong should be [R] or [Ghost].
Spiritomb needs both symbol and blank update. It's weakness should also be [Fairy].
Hippowdon (once redone) needs symbol and blank updates.
Rhyperior should read "Put Rhyperior on the Stage 1 card".
Porygon-Z should read "Put Porygon-Z on the Stage 1 card".
Gallade should read "Put Gallade on the Stage 1 card".
The "(before doing anything required in order to use that attack)" within the effect of Azelf's Lose Drive Pokémon Power should be in Italics.
Weakness for both Dialga and Palkia should be [Dragon].
Regigigas needs a symbol update.
Patrat needs a symbol update.
Pidove needs symbol and blank updates.
Woobat and Swoobat need symbol updates.
Palpitoad should be Weakness [G] Resistance [L] -30.
The word "place" should be "put" in Basculin Blue Striped, and Basculin Red Striped's Pokémon Powers.
Sigilyph needs a symbol update.
Tirtouga needs to be re-classified as a Restored Pokémon.
Archen and Archeops need symbol updates.
Reuniclus should read "Put Reuniclus on the Stage 1 card".
Ducklett needs a symbol update.
Foongus needs a symbol update.
Klink needs a symbol update, the Weakness of Klink, Klang and Klinklang should also be [R].
Axew, Fraxure and Haxorus need symbol and blank updates as their links in post #1 sees them in their retro blanks..
Cryogonal's Resistance should be [Ground] -30 due to it's Levitate Ability.
Rufflet's name is missing.
Cobalion's weakness should be [Ghost].

As soon as I find more errors, I'll let you know as it's gonna take me all night finding them all.

EDIT: Found all of the errors. And trust me when I quote the following: It was NOT easy!

You are the best, Kangaflora! Thanks!

Some of the choices I can explain. Whenever a x1/4 resistance is present, I try to use it. Hence why the Bug/Poison's have Fighting resistance. Could've went with Grass, but there's not otherwise many Pokémon with Fighting resistance. Grimer can't be "updated" -- needs to be completely redone as I saved over the .pdf file...same thing with Paras and Parasect, unfortunately.

Going away for a wedding this weekend, but I'll update starting around Monday/Tuesday. Probably won't do too many per day, as it's time to focus on other things for a bit haha.

Kangaflora ilu for saving me so much time

Check post #1908 for the full update on the errors that need to be fixed.

Thanks Kangaflora...you have no idea how much I appreciate it! There are a few things, usually regarding Weakness, that I'll be leaving as-is...most of the Metal Pokémon were left without a weakness on purpose. High defenses and such. Mawile will definitely be getting the [R] weakness, though!

A few other things...
*Celebi is "Timetravel" on all Neo-era cards, so I left it like that on purpose.
*On Houndoom and Aggron, the Energy order is correct. First Energy should always be the Pokémon's type.

Funny you should suggest adding the Ground resistance onto Cryogonal. I made two versions (one with and one without), but my distaste for the Pokémon made me post the one without.

Gotta ask, though...what was the experience like looking at all of the cards in such a short amount of time? It's something I've wanted to do for a while, just to experience the colors!

CMP said:
Thanks Kangaflora...you have no idea how much I appreciate it! There are a few things, usually regarding Weakness, that I'll be leaving as-is...most of the Metal Pokémon were left without a weakness on purpose. High defenses and such. Mawile will definitely be getting the [R] weakness, though!

A few other things...
*Celebi is "Timetravel" on all Neo-era cards, so I left it like that on purpose.
*On Houndoom and Aggron, the Energy order is correct. First Energy should always be the Pokémon's type.

Funny you should suggest adding the Ground resistance onto Cryogonal. I made two versions (one with and one without), but my distaste for the Pokémon made me post the one without.

Gotta ask, though...what was the experience like looking at all of the cards in such a short amount of time? It's something I've wanted to do for a while, just to experience the colors!

Whilst looking for the errors, it literally took me FOURTEEN hours to view all of them, five to six at a time. It felt nostalgic looking at all of them. Took me back to the good old Neo days.

This is amazing! Great work! But you can never truly be done. You will have to add fairy types to some pokemon and I would love to see Gen VI done in this too. :p
But still, this is really great.

Also, I don't think it was mentioned above in Kangaflora's post, but I think Poliwrath's may also need a slight edit. I believe there are slight grammatical errors, but for the life of me I can't remember the exact rules behind it.

But "Poliwrath's remaining HP are 70 or more" sounds strange. You wouldn't say "It's HP are not good." I believe you should replace "are" with "is". I think "are" would work if you were saying hitpoints, but in this case it sounds wrong. The same word usage is also in its Drown attack. Not sure if that's a problem on other cards too, but this one just stood out to me.

Thanks, SuperDuper!

What you pointed out is something very common among those unfamiliar with the early TCG. In this case, my usage is correct. HP stands for "Hit Points," and while we usually just say "H.P." the TCG assumes you say "Hit Points." See Neo Genesis Heracross and one of Sabrina's Kadabra in the Gym sets.

CMP said:
Thanks, SuperDuper!

What you pointed out is something many common among those unfamiliar with the early TCG. In this case, my usage is correct. HP stands for "Hit Points," and while we usually just say "H.P." the TCG assumes you say "Hit Points." See Neo Genesis Heracross and one of Sabrina's Kadabra in the Gym sets.

Oh I see, I never really did collect the cards for the game (I just liked the pictures), so I suppose I never noticed that. Oh well, no big deal.
I was curious why you made the Gengar evolution line weak to psychic instead of dark though. Is it just because of their secondary poison typing and you thought the psychic weakness wasn't represented much elsewhere?

I also like how you lowered the HP of some of the newer pokemon to make them match up with the older standards. Like with Klinklang, Golurk, and Gigalith.

SuperDuper said:
CMP said:
Thanks, SuperDuper!

What you pointed out is something many common among those unfamiliar with the early TCG. In this case, my usage is correct. HP stands for "Hit Points," and while we usually just say "H.P." the TCG assumes you say "Hit Points." See Neo Genesis Heracross and one of Sabrina's Kadabra in the Gym sets.
I was curious why you made the Gengar evolution line weak to psychic instead of dark though. Is it just because of their secondary poison typing and you thought the psychic weakness wasn't represented much elsewhere?

Exactly. I did the same thing with the Chandelure line, too -- Water weakness.

^ A translation for SuperDuper: It means that CMP has cleverly used Weakness and Resistance, as well as Energy card requirements to represent one type, whilst using the blank of their second element to represent the other type. Very, very clever on CMP's part. :D

Now you have to make EX redux!

Jynx's illustrator is wrong. It says Tomokazu Komiya. It should say Pearl7.

I love you, CMP! It's been so awesome to see your progress on these cards day by day, and I can honestly say that this is by far the most well-made and extensive set of fakes I have ever seen.

Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future – X&Y are coming out pretty soon, after all! ;)

Back