TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Simplified Grass-Type version of my submission to this month's CAC. I think the card looks better/more believable as a Grass-Type with a single attack. The sculpted art would probably work better on a VS or regular Neo template, but I'm trying to stick with my Gym-Neo style.

alex_s_burmy__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dcgvfd3.jpg

This card would evolve into a Colorless (Flying) type Mothim with Energy Costs that would allow it to be used in any deck. Not sure when or if I'll make it though. (I still need to make an Alex's Shining Mothim card as well.)

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Cool! They're looking excellent as usual. One thing I would like to see is some Pokémon with Dark in their names from the Pokémon card GB2 game and the Team Rocket set, Neo Style, like Dark Fearow, Dark Ninetales, Dark Raichu, Dark Gloom, Dark Golbat, Dark Starmie, Dark Marowak and Dark Clefable.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Badges for another imaginary fan game idea, Pokémon Coal & Sandstone:

dd09f72-4c8a0b12-bb91-40f7-8a04-025f24ba23b7.png

Similar to the seashell-based Orange League Badges, these are based on some of the three-dimensional Upper Carboniferous fossils I've found: the bamboo-like Calamites, the swamp-loving Cordaites (Artisia), the massive scale trees, and an ammonoid (the only one that isn't a plant). The gems inside were inspired by different colors of quartz pebbles.

Also like the Orange League, these Gyms wouldn't specialize in any particular Types.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Reboot of one of my oldies from 2011. I still really enjoy this Sun Stone graphic and how it looks like part of the crust has fallen off to expose the solar energy core.

Hzac9n0.png

The new effect was inspired by Rare Candy. Unlike Rare Candy, Sun Stone lets you search your deck for the Evolution card, but it's limited to Grass Pokémon.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
That’s a nice reboot effect, Neko! I’m not sure how balanced it would be in the Classic-era, but a fitting effect nonetheless. I was wondering, how do you create art on this style? I remember that you did art like this for a King’s Rock, and both look amazing!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
That’s a nice reboot effect, Neko! I’m not sure how balanced it would be in the Classic-era, but a fitting effect nonetheless. I was wondering, how do you create art on this style? I remember that you did art like this for a King’s Rock, and both look amazing!
It's actually based on the Evolutions layout, so it would be XY/SM format. I just didn't bother recoloring anything but the border (the base was my Japanese Neo Trainer, same with the Misty Mermaid I posed before). (I know the effect doesn't cover Helioptile, but I figured that was fine since the old Japanese-exclusive Moon Stone didn't cover Nidorino/Nidorina.)

This and King's Rock were pretty different. I actually sculpted the King's Rock, while this one was just a photo-manipulation made with pictures of a rock I picked up (I used a feathered eraser to blend the images together, making it look like a single object). I can't remember what I did for glowy core, but I'm pretty sure the part where the core is most exposed was just a happy accident.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Garbage art, but playing TCG GB 2 got me wanting to play around with Extra Rules.

qfDSWI7.jpg

UPDATE: Changed the art as well as the rule at the bottom.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Updated the art on Custom Card Battle! Still not the best art ever, but definitely an improvement imo. I also changed the rule at the bottom. To my knowledge, there was no limit to the real Extra Rule cards, but I could imagine things getting complicated if too many came into play. The updated rule would allow a maximum of 2 Extra Rules, one from you and one from your opponent.

I'm still iffy about the effect wording though. Should it be "cards must first be approved by each players" or "cards must first be approved by each player's opponent?" The latter feels redundant, but it might offer better clarity.

Something tells me that this idea is not so far off from reality! ;)
Oooooh...!!!

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I think the wording without the “opponent” is fine, what the effect did was very clear when I read it.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I was was scrolling past a GIF I made on Facebook when my connection cut out, resulting in a glitched animation. I couldn't resist taking a screenshot and mapping it to a MissingNo. shape. I tried to give it a "Cool Porygon" vibe.

ddp5gxq-d576c812-5b2b-49be-9465-d241b58f0934.jpg

EDIT: Played around with the lighting and background and renamed the card "Cool MissingNo."

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Based on my cat, as well as a Shiny Eevee that I recently SR'd in VC Gold and named after him. Ciel likes to play fetch and splash water out of his bowl. Before it vanished mysteriously, it wasn't uncommon to find his stuffed fish "swimming" in his water bowl.

QtX32Bh.png

EDIT: Changed the attack names and effects.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
The first card I ever made for FrozenFeather was a Ninetales, so of course I had to make one with his new Shiny Ninetales art!

I know the Burned Condition didn't officially exist until Expedition in 2002, but let's pretend it did and that the effect is synonymous with a Char counter (isn't removed via Benching). (Char counter was too wordy and didn't look nice on the card.)

a3rYf9v.jpg
JLY4yBF.jpg

EDIT: Added another FrozenFeather-illustrated card!

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
STILL not my art, but I had to put together another card after cheerymori sent me this art of my TrainerSona! <3

Do23MQE.png

(I couldn't find any SWSH full art blanks, so I pieced together some of asche's resources to make my own.)

Last edited:

LccSaultyFish

Aspiring Trainer
foil sheets, holographic paper, or use a foil notebook cover
Dear Ryo
Your brilliant tutorial is helpful. However I hava a small question,"foil sheets, holographic paper, a foil notebook cover" you mentioned above, I am not pretty sure what these stuff are cause it is strange when translated into Chinese. So could you please give me some more specific infomation such as (ebay product links or google image link),then maybe I can understand what they are indeed.
Regards

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Dear Ryo
Your brilliant tutorial is helpful. However I hava a small question,"foil sheets, holographic paper, a foil notebook cover" you mentioned above, I am not pretty sure what these stuff are cause it is strange when translated into Chinese. So could you please give me some more specific infomation such as (ebay product links or google image link),then maybe I can understand what they are indeed.
Regards
Stuff like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DCWV-Cards...epid=0&hash=item23e4ab2b1b:g:vakAAOSwzJZflb4X

Though you can also use the covers of holographic notebooks if you happen to have any already lying around (these will result in notably thicker cards and may be better reserved for oversized cards). Holographic party bags will also do the trick. Just make sure that whatever foil you're getting/using is silvery.

Last edited:

LccSaultyFish

Aspiring Trainer