TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by Nekoban Ryo, Dec 20, 2009.

1. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

I don't think the Burn condition has ever been 10 damage, but if Burn did exist in the Neo era, it might not have been 20.

Oh, I misread the attack, my bad! I actually think the original attack was pretty balanced, perhaps just needing a few tweaks to err on the side of caution. I think that it would be better balance-wise if you could only Burn a single Pokemon per each use of the attack, like in a [R][R][D][D] attack, discard two [R][R], a Pokemon is Burned. However, I'm not too sure if the idea behind the attack is to have multiple Pokemon Burned at once, as this method of balancing would entirely change that.

Just that in the modern era, damage boosting cards (such as Special Energy) do not boost attacks that don't have a base damage.

2. professorlight Ice Queen
    professorlight

Well...

[​IMG]

I mean, I can't blame you since it wasn't called "burn" back then, and this Quilava was more or less the only pokemon that did it until the third generation, but it did exist in the Neo era.

bbninjas likes this.
  3. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

The idea was to Burn multiple Pokémon at once, but I can see where you're coming from with the time-bomb reference. How about this, then?

(R)(R)(D)(D) Napalm - 30
    Discard all (R) Energy cards attached to Ezra's Shining Houndoom, then flip a number of coins equal to the number of Energy cards discarded in this way. For each heads, choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and that Pokémon is now Burned (even if it's 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon). For each tails, do the same for your own Pokémon. Any Pokémon Burned by this effect can only be healed of this condition by Pokémon Power, attack, Trainer card, or Special Energy card effects (even Benching the Pokémon won't end this effect).

A bit risky, but she did mention that she loves the use of gambling aesthetics.

bbninjas likes this.
  4. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Ooo, I like that! From the Neo-era designs that I've seen, there seems to be a lot more gamble than in the modern era, so the flippiness actually makes it very Neo for me. :p

Nekoban Ryo likes this.
  5. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Random idea that popped into my head last night. I doubt I'll make a image-based fake of it, but who knows? It's essentially a King's Rock that gives the holder the Serene Grace Ability.

Serenity King's Rock
    Trainer/Pokémon Tool
    [A white- or gold-colored King's Rock with a background glow shaped like angelic wings]
    Once during your turn, you may apply 1 of the following effects: • If an attack requires you to flip a coin and the result is tails, you may ignore that coin flip and flip the coin again. • Whenever the Pokémon this card is attached to does damage to the Defending Pokémon, flip 2 coins (after applying any other effects of that attack). If both are heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

(Wording may vary by series)

Note: If an attack requires 2 or more coins to be flipped, you may only re-flip 1 of those coins (instead of all of them).

I'm going to try working on some drawings today, so hopefully I'll have some more fakes up soon!

6. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I've been taking a break from video games hoping that I could get around to drawing. Going on day 3 and I finally got a drawing/card done! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Japanese Gym blank (left) by Cascade Gonpory.

I'll try to make an English version sometime later. Might wait until I've got some more drawings ready for cards, though.

EDIT: Went ahead and made an English version.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  7. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I don't know if I like the art on this one or not (I might redraw it later), but here's a card honoring the first Shiny I ever found:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Fake card, illustration, and trainer badge/icon by me. Japanese Gym-series blank reproduced by cscdgnpry.

(Frostbite Fang is a nod to finding the Golbat in Johto's Ice Path.)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    TylerRVG, bbninjas and Jabberwock like this.
  8. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Finished making cards of FrozenFeather's bread Fakemon line (his art, not mine). (Mega Bunsprite actually features its Shiny artwork because I couldn't get the normal-colored drawing framed well, plus I think this pose is more dynamic and more suitable for a Mega card.)

[​IMG]

And here's the completed Houndoom card I was asking for effect feedback on a while back. The art is by CeruleanSunshine @DA, one of my former college classmates. She also chose the attack name. The original card was Japanese, but I just had to see what an English version would look like.

[​IMG]

Not sure when I'll post more cards with my own art. I've still got some sketches that need to be cleaned up and colored, but I'm not feeling motivated enough to finish them yet. I finally picked-up my Pokémon Colosseum replay again and now I've just got to finish purifying everything. (I wonder if any of them will turn Shiny?)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    bbninjas, TylerRVG and Jabberwock like this.
  9. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I normally don't take requests, but someone asked if I could make an Ancient Gardevoir. I haven't been up to drawing lately, but I wanted to make something figured an Ancient-style pic would be easy enough and had just made a runic font for them. I think my previous Ancient Azelf looked a lot more official, but something's better than nothing!

[​IMG]

Gardevoir - HP70 (Fairy)

(Fairy x2) Elflight - 40

Embrace
    Guardian Angel

Weakness (Metal) Resistance (Darkness) Retreat Cost (Colorless x2)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    bbninjas, Jabberwock and TylerRVG like this.
  10. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I found a Shiny Misdreavus in VC Gold last month, so of course I had to add it to my list for TheShiningTrainers! I need to re-number some cards now, though... =w=

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully it won't be too long until I make art/cards of my other recent Shinies.

EDIT: I need to redo the art on this one. I don't like it. Dx

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    TylerRVG, Little Cherrim and bbninjas like this.
  11. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Changed Misdreavus's attack. The effect seemed bland and the (W)(L) Energy cost didn't feel quite right.

I hope the new effect is relatively-balanced. Under the right circumstances, it could potentially do 40+ damage (that's pretty massive for 2 Energy on a Neo-era Basic) but there are several drawbacks including: the possibility of doing 10 or less damage, generally requiring your opponent to be in the lead (though you could probably use other effects to discard your own Basics), low-ish HP, and only having one copy of the card per deck.

Overall, a very luck-based card.

- - -

EDIT: I've already used it on a couple other fakes and you might be tired of seeing it by now, but Sneasel was feeling left out since it was my only card from TheShiningTrainers not to have an English equivalent. I think I like it even better on this blank than the Japanese Gym blank!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    bbninjas, TylerRVG and Jabberwock like this.
  12. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

This image popped into my mind when I was Shiny-hunting this morning, so I figured I'd try rendering it (as simply as possible) and turning it into a card:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The effects were just pulled out of thin air, so let me know if they need any work.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  13. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

The idea for an Ancient Wartortle card popped into my mind while struggling to sleep last night, so here it is:

[​IMG]

14. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Before Espeon, there was Solareon. Well, not really.

[​IMG]

Lunareon (a fan-made PokéGod evolution of Eevee) has been around for a while now, but someone on DeviantArt wanted me to make a sun counterpart for it. It's mostly-symmetrical since I haven't sprited in a while, but this was the result. Solareon is a Light-Type.

This is for you who like the crazy tales that usually accompany my fake screenshots:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  15. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

My part of an art trade with someone on DeviantArt. They wanted an Ancient Milotic.

[​IMG]

bbninjas likes this.
  16. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Since the old rumors didn't seem to be accompanied by any images of it, here's my take on the PokéGod, Millenium:

[​IMG]

Using the code provided by fansites to obtain this rare Pokémon would actually give the player a Typeless glitch Pokémon whose menu icon was a flower, though its movepool looked more deserving of a Flying-Type (it actually couldn't learn any Grass-Type moves at all, even by TM), so I made it a bird-like creature whose fanned wings make it resemble a flower.

It's visually based on the blue lotus, a flower that shares one of its names with the udumbara flower from Buddhist legend (also known as the 3,000 Year Flower, though I used 1,000 in the Pokédex entry to tie-in better with the PokéGod's name). It also draws inspiration from birds of paradise (which coincidentally share their name with a flower), extinct birds (such as Archeopteryx), as well as the Shangyang (a one-legged bird in Chinese mythology). The single eye is a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh!, a manga series that started the same year that Pokémon was released in Japan that I believe very well could've inspired this PokéGod's name (a misspelling of "millennium," as in Millennium Items).

I haven't settled on a Type, but I'm thinking Water/Flying or ???/Flying. (I wanted to make it Ghost/Flying, alluding the the udumbara's otherworldly nature, but there are no Ghost-Type moves in its movepool to support this decision -- unless we pretend that some of those Glitch-Type moves are actually Ghost-Type moves that were removed from the game.)

I may try to make an actual sprite of it sometime, but I don't know if I want to base it on this symmetrical image or it I want to try drawing it in a more interesting pose...

17. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

No new art (boo me), but here's a Japanese Neo version of my Alex's Aromoth card (as a non-trainer's Pokémon):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  18. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I've been working on a print-resolution Ancient template and decided to make another Ancient Celebi:

[​IMG]

Print-resolution non-holo version:

Much better than the one I made eight years ago, imo!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    bbninjas likes this.
  19. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Printed Ancient Celebi (holo):

[​IMG]

I also printed (and shinified) some of my older unprinted cards while I was at it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I'm out of yellow ink. Dx

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Robin Aisaga and Jabberwock like this.
  20. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Made a few changes to my new MissingNo. card (including removing the evolution text, since it's only 'M that evolves into Kangaskhan). I'm also considering changing the attack effect (seen to the right):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I kind of like the new effect, but I'm not sure if it's balanced for the classic era. There's a potential for crazy damage for the cost of only 2 Energy of any Type, but there's also a chance that it could do nothing (and never be used again, unless you have more than 1 copy of the card) and likely get KO'd next turn due to its low HP. There's also its high retreat cost, making it fairly easy for even 10/20-damage Basics to whittle it down should its attack fail. Of course, should it not fail, the attack can be used again next turn and potentially spell doom for the opponent. It would be especially effective against Psychic decks, I imagine.

MissingNo. has a ridiculous Attack stat in the games, so I'm trying to reflect this by making the attack borderline-OP. Opinions?

EDIT: I'm also not sure which of these wordings would be most correct:
    • If this attack does no damage, you can't use this attack again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
    • If this attack does no damage, you can't use it again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
    • If this attack doesn't do any damage, you can't use this attack again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
    • If this attack doesn't do any damage, you can't use it again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
    - - -

Here's a TCG GB-style screenshot of the card:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?