TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Printed Holos & Fakemon (5/10/12)

Made these holographic cards a while back but never posted them here:

landscape_fa_poke_ball_orica__printed_ver__by_karite_kita_neko-d4vk2af.jpg

shining_porygon_orica__new_printed_ver__by_karite_kita_neko-d4vk3qp.jpg

Also made a card of my newest Fakemon:

fanceil_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d4zc2rz.png

EDIT: Just noticed the "Benced" error in the Ability. D:

This is pretty cool. How much does it cost to print out a given fake? Have you considered doing it as a service to others? I know I would love to have some of my fakes printed out for actual use.

PMJ said:
This is pretty cool. How much does it cost to print out a given fake? Have you considered doing it as a service to others? I know I would love to have some of my fakes printed out for actual use.

Thanks. :)

Printing decent-quality fakes can be pretty costly, especially when printing holographic fakes. Ink alone costs about $50. Transparency film (what I and many others use for printing holo cards) costs about $50 per pack, but I was recently told of a cheaper alternative - clear window hangings. You also need some "trash" holo cards (I prefer DP refractor foils because their foil is easy to extract) or holographic paper (which could save you a lot of time and energy). There's also the cost of spray adhesive, but that's very minor.

For a card to be printed, it needs to be built at the right size and resolution. Pretty much all fakers here build their cards too small for printing, which is why most of them look really choppy when they try. A card needs to be set to 300 resolution and be 2.5" x 3.5" before adding/rasterizing type in order to print properly. Unless you still have the PSD/XCF with layers, previously-made fakes cannot be printed at high quality. It will not look good if the fake is already built, flattened, then scaled (this makes it look just as choppy as not increasing the resolution in the first place).

I'm currently really low on ink and I don't have many spare holos (I don't have any spare DP refractors at all). Even if I did, though, considering the cost of materials, I would need to charge, but selling fake cards, even custom-ordered ones, is illegal. There may be a workaround, but until I get more materials (which I don't see happening anytime soon), I can't make cards for others.

If you (or anyone else here) were to buy me some ink and send it to me as well as some DP refractor foils, I could print you about 20 cards for free. I doubt you want to do that, though.

If I could afford it I would totally do it. :3 Thanks for the info. I've always wondered just how much time and money you put into these. The end result is pretty sweet, though.

I just love them! They are just absolutely amazing. I love how realistic they all look. :)

That is...the best-looking Pokeball I've ever seen.
Now, imagine if that was one part of a LEGEND card...hehe, Pokeball LEGEND...

RE: Awesome Tricks and Screenies to prove them

OMG. When I read that these weren't real, I had a party of liepards. :p

Awww I love that MissingNo (i am pikachupokemon123 on DeviantART, you helped me make the Pikachu EX Full art) And i cant find big MissingNo Images, to Make MissingNo Ex.

I Literally Love all of your Cards!

Jirachi said:
I just love them! They are just absolutely amazing. I love how realistic they all look. :)

Thanks! :D

don()shinobi said:
That is...the best-looking Pokeball I've ever seen.
Now, imagine if that was one part of a LEGEND card...hehe, Pokeball LEGEND...

Thanks! That makes me happy to hear... well, read. ^^

I actually did think about it after I made this one, but I didn't really feel that it would fit "Legend". It would be awesome to see somebody do a Pokemon Trainer Red LEGEND fake.

Pikachu! said:
Awww I love that MissingNo (i am pikachupokemon123 on DeviantART, you helped me make the Pikachu EX Full art) And i cant find big MissingNo Images, to Make MissingNo Ex.

I Literally Love all of your Cards!

I'm glad you like them! :D

You can use this pic if you want. I just made it. It's pretty big.
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/135/1/2/3d_missingno__by_karite_kita_neko-d4zx90w.png
or http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/135/d/1/missingno__the_one_who_came_before_victory_by_karite_kita_neko-d4zxtcf.png

Nekoban Ryo said:
Thanks! :D

Thanks! That makes me happy to hear... well, read. ^^

I actually did think about it after I made this one, but I didn't really feel that it would fit "Legend". It would be awesome to see somebody do a Pokemon Trainer Red LEGEND fake.

I'm glad you like them! :D

You can use this pic if you want. I just made it. It's pretty big.
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/135/1/2/3d_missingno__by_karite_kita_neko-d4zx90w.png
or http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/135/d/1/missingno__the_one_who_came_before_victory_by_karite_kita_neko-d4zxtcf.png

:D I nned some ideas For Pokemon Cards, And thanks aswell :)

Pikachu! said:
:D I nned some ideas For Pokemon Cards, And thanks aswell :)

You could always make a shiny Dunsparce card and dedicate it to me. XDD

I'm not really good at coming up with ideas for cards. I usually wait until I make a decent pic, then if I think it can be used on a card, I work from there. When I look at Pokemon cards, I usually try to guess what attack or ability they're using in the illustration based on the attacks and ability written on the card, so after you've made or found your illustration, think about what kind of attack or ability it's using (it doesn't have to be an official one) and use that.

If you plan on printing more (especially holos), you could just use statistics from existing cards, as some leagues consider these proxies and eligible for use. However, if you're wanting to make cards original and just for fun, put whatever you would like on them. You could even make spoof cards that have attacks like P B & J (9000 damage): First you take the peanuts and you squish them, you squish them. Then you take the grapes and you squish them, you squish them...

---

UPDATE: It's not a Pokemon card.

earthbound_immortal_grippa_for_midnight_quilla_by_karite_kita_neko-d50xxld.png

Requested by Midnight-Quilla @deviantArt. She wanted a custom Earthbound Immortal card based on "The Hands" of the Nazca Lines. She wanted the effect to be luck-based.

The fonts aren't the official ones. I couldn't find the right ones for free, so I substituted them with Cleavers Juvenia and Timeless. I think they work quite well (aside from the numbers in the effect text).

Artwork by me (except the bottom bit with the ground which was ripped from an official illustration), blank ripped by me. It's a bit blurry because it was built larger for printing purposes, then scaled down for display here.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Been a while since I've updated this. It's been quite some time since I last faked a Pokemon card.

Anyway, about a week ago (I think), when Serebii's 'Pokemon of the Week' was Ho-Oh, I noticed an awesome pic of Ho-Oh at the bottom (the Anime Appearances section). This image inspired me to make a fake. My first priority was to find a better-quality image, so I scanned the net for videos of 'For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll' and came across a good one and took a screencap. Next thing I had to do was figure out what I wanted the card to do. In the end, I basically turned it into a Pokemon incarnate of The Winged Dragon of Ra (from Yu-Gi-Oh).

Meh, I know the fonts are off and it may not be set up properly, but... I've never considered myself a faking expert. :p

~ UPDATE

What is this card?

Click the thumbnail to find out!

Lol, those are nice. They never made a phoenix winged dragon of ra :/ Makes me kinda sad.

Please don't quote images. Thanks! ~CMP

Nekoban Ryo, you rock at making Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Earthbound Immortal Grippa looks like a real Yu-Gi-Oh! card, having a nice effect. The only problem I see would be the text, but you are all ready aware of that it seems. Hopefully you will continue to make Yu-Gi-Oh! cards because this one is definitely impressive.

BunnyBuner said:
Lol, those are nice. They never made a phoenix winged dragon of ra :/ Makes me kinda sad.

Thanks! I know, it is kind'a sad. They included it in at least 1 of the video games, but it was never officially printed. I once made a fake of it, though. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/kougawolf/224573_2282521271647_7806370_n.jpg

Jirachi said:
That one looks pretty nice. Nice artwork :)

Thank you. ^^

Ice Arceus said:
Nekoban Ryo, you rock at making Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Earthbound Immortal Grippa looks like a real Yu-Gi-Oh! card, having a nice effect. The only problem I see would be the text, but you are all ready aware of that it seems. Hopefully you will continue to make Yu-Gi-Oh! cards because this one is definitely impressive.

Aww... thank you so much. Yeah, I'm aware that the fonts are wrong, but I can't seem to find the official ones anywhere (for free, anyway). I had located them before, but I haven't been able to pinpoint them since I switched computers.

I probably won't be making Yu-Gi-Oh! cards very frequently. I don't really like making cards unless I make the illustrations myself, but I'm not very good at drawing in a style suitable for YGO cards. The main reason I was able to pull off this EI is because it's pretty much just a silhouette.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Fire Birds, Cute Bunnies, and a Surfing Snake (6/8/12)

Time for an update. :3

First up, a reprint of my old Japanese Neo Moltres card. I revamped the artwork and put it on an HGSS blank:

hgss_moltres_fake_by_karite_kita_neko-d52k755.png

I also remade (sort'a) my old Shining Nidoran (m) fake. I was looking though this thread a few days ago (I like to re-read posts) and came across Charganium's comment on the card "Adorable shiny Nidoran" and decided to make one that actually had Adorable in its name. Click the image below for the full-size (printable) version. It was intended to be a jumbo card. If printed at 300 resolution, it should be about the height of a standard sheet of paper, but I suggest scaling it down about 20-30% to avoid the border getting cut off:

Here's one that I tried to print (though it's the wrong colors due to low ink). This one was scaled to 70% at 300 dpi. It's not holographic, but it is metallic (you can't really tell by the picture, though). I didn't have any foil sheets large enough, so I decided to experiment with aluminum foil:

adorable_shining_nidoran_male_jumbo_card_print_ver_by_karite_kita_neko-d52kizf.jpg

And finally, here's a Surfing Dusparce! Again, like the Nidoran card, this one is massive (click for full size) because it's intended to be printed as a jumbo card. Feel free to scale it down to the size of a normal card if you want to print it for your collection:

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Ice Age Revival, Regice

UPDATE: Test run of my new Ice texture...

ice_type_regice_fake_by_karite_kita_neko-d56c5ou.png

I know the fonts are off (especially the flavour text). I've never gotten around to re-downloading Sanvito.

Artwork, texture, and Ice type orb by me, blank template by ShiningBill, icons by aschefield101. Ice symbol based on ILKCMP's Neo Redux Ice symbol.

Nekoban Ryo said:
UPDATE: Test run of my new Ice texture...

ice_type_regice_fake_by_karite_kita_neko-d56c5ou.png

I know the fonts are off (especially the flavour text). I've never gotten around to re-downloading Sanvito.

Artwork, texture, and Ice type orb by me, blank template by ShiningBill, icons by aschefield101. Ice symbol based on ILKCMP's Neo Redux Ice symbol.

This is Pretty Sweet :D Something I have been wondering is How do i post a new forum or thread? I would like to post my custom cards as well.

Great texture, man. The only adjustment I might make is to lighten it up a bit...there seems to be a lot of darker shades, especially in the symbol.

Pikachu! said:
This is Pretty Sweet :D Something I have been wondering is How do i post a new forum or thread? I would like to post my custom cards as well.

At the top of each forum (right above the list of threads), there is a " > Post a new thread in [Insert Forum Title Here]" In the future, please don't ask questions like this in others' threads. We have an entire thread here in The Real World subforum. Thanks!

Pikachu! said:
This is Pretty Sweet
Thanks! :)

CMP said:
Great texture, man. The only adjustment I might make is to lighten it up a bit...there seems to be a lot of darker shades, especially in the symbol.

Thanks. :)

Really? The texture looks really light on my monitor. I don't want to make it too light, though. I had made one before that was so light that it looked white when printed.

The type orb was just a recolor of the official Dragon one. I wanted it to have the same glass look, which works great for Ice-types, imo. To accomplish such an effect, I believe that the shadows are just as important as the highlights. Even the clearest of crystals look almost black in some places.

Back