TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Nekoban's Random Cards: Jumbo Unown VCC 10/21/11

that is... the bomb.

will post more later, have to get to class

RE: Nekoban's Random Cards: Jumbo Unown VCC 10/21/11

PMJ said:
that is... the bomb.

will post more later, have to get to class

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it. :D

---

UPDATE: Happy Halloween!

black_meowth_halloween_promo_by_karite_kita_neko-d4ei8h0.png

This art style was experimental. I never plan to use it again.

It was already pointed out to me that the Colorless and Darkness energy cost symbols should be reversed. I was in a rush and wasn't thinking about it.

RE: Nekoban's Random Cards: Happy Halloween! 10/30/11

Other than the thing with the symbols, this is the best thing :D Gotta love Akinator to have something unique for an event :D

RE: Neko's Random Cards: All Neo-Classic Evolution Stones (11/26/11)

Thanks. :)

---

UPDATE: I haven't updated (or faked, for that matter) in nearly a month! Have some Evolution Stones!

evolution_stone_cards_1_by_karite_kita_neko-d4haiic.png

evolution_stone_cards_2_by_karite_kita_neko-d4hd5hc.png

I was supposed to be doing homework, but since I only had a couple things to do, I decided to put it off until later today. In the meantime, I was wanting something fun to do, but I wasn't sure what. To find inspiration, I decided to go on an adventure... searching for rocks. Most of the rocks I came by looked pretty ordinary, but after walking halfway down my hill, I found an interesting one. I dug it out and washed it off in the stream to get a better look at it. I'm not sure what type of rock it was, but it became my inspiration. I took the black stone inside, cleaned it thoroughly, and let it dry. I was thinking about painting it, but I didn't want to ruin such an interesting specimen. Instead, I took some photos of it and edited them with GIMP to make the Evolution Stones used for the illustrations of the cards you see here.

I hope they turned out okay. The Sun Stone was the most difficult to make, so I "tweaked" the design a bit. I tried to make it look like some of the "shell" had broken off, revealing the solar power inside.

Oh, yeah... The blanks were made from scratch, for printing purposes. The actual fakes are larger than the ones you see here, but the program I built them in distorts them when I zoom in.

Ahhh! Once again, Aki, you leave me in awe. I had the idea to do evolutions stones, but I hadn't found any art to do so (I'm still working on getting art for the type-enhancing items). They look beautiful, bro!

Thank you. Yeah, it's difficult to find art of the Evolution Stones. Pretty much the only ones I've seen have been the anime, dreamworld, and video game artwork (sprites). I've only found 2 fan artists (ClefairyKid and WhiteDevilman) that draw them -- most of the others just sculpt them. It's a shame that WD's drawings don't have wider backgrounds, because I think those would look great on fakes. If you'd still like to make the Evolution Stone cards and want to use my artwork, feel free -- though there's better out there. Just drop me a PM and I'll send you the full-size pics if you want them.

You know, I would love to hand-craft all of the type-enhancing items someday, as well as all the badges (well, the first two generations, anyway). Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get some done after this semester ends? If they're nice enough, I may take photos and maybe even tweak them a bit digitally (like I did with these stones).

I made an alternate illustration for the Thunderstone. I can't decide which I like more...
TS_CARD.png

Neko, you're such a great faker, and artist in general. And I admire you soooo much for making cards suitable for printing, that's something I'd love to learn and that's pretty rare. These evolution stones went out so gorgeous, but I preffer the first Thunderstone the most.

D'aww! Thank you! >w<

If it wasn't for my Graphic Design classes, I would probably never have learned how to print good-quality fakes. A vector-based output makes everything better. Well, except photos. That's 'bout useless. It also strongly depends on your printer and paper. Personally, I prefer toner over ink. If you don't have a toner printer, you really need glossy paper.

I'm glad you like how the stones turned out. I'm pretty satisfied with most of them myself (I really don't like the Fire Stone, though I've already had 2 people tell me that was their favorite). As far as the Thunderstone goes, I think I would have to agree with you. Sure, it looks more detailed, but it doesn't really fit the style of the blank. The old one also reminds me of some of Benimaru Itoh's artwork (such as the PM1 VHS Mewtwo promo).

I prefer the first thunderstone myself-- looks like it's filled to the brim with an electric charge rather than just having a thunderbolt in it.

...woah, since when did Shellder evolve via Water Stone?

Also that Meowth looks pretty damn cool. I approve of everything, Aki.

Lol at entei legend image. Its face is small. but good job anyway!

Kam said:
I prefer the first thunderstone myself-- looks like it's filled to the brim with an electric charge rather than just having a thunderbolt in it.

...woah, since when did Shellder evolve via Water Stone?

Also that Meowth looks pretty damn cool. I approve of everything, Aki.

Yeah, I agree.

Shellder has always evolved via Water Stone. However, if I recall correctly, there is a glitch in the Gen. 1 games that allow you to evolve it (or, for that matter, any Pokemon that evolves via Evolution Stone) without an Evolution Stone.

Thanks. :)

mpain0 said:
Lol at entei legend image. Its face is small. but good job anyway!

That image actually came from Pokemon 3: The Movie - Spell of the Unown. I personally thought it looked neat, though I wish there was a better-quality picture of it. Thanks, though!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Odd Keystone & Pikachu EX FA (2/9/12)

Haven't updated here in a while. Let's throw in some stuff.

Made this one back in December. Some of you may have seen it elsewhere:
odd_keystone_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d4jvo4h.jpg

And I just made this one. Wanted to give FA EX's a try. I've decided that this will be my first and last:
pikachuex.png

Also remade my Legendary Dragon (YGO) fakes, this time featuring text, symbols, higher-quality images, and sparkles:
my_legendary_dragon_oricas_by_karite_kita_neko-d4pcp2a.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Cats, Cat-Weasels, Shiny Snakes (3/24/12)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. When my "always stay signed in" signs me out, it usually takes me a while to get signed back in (I can never remember my password and I'm too lazy to immediately go to my inbox and locate the last "Your New Password" sent). Anyway, I've not really been faking much since my last update, but I have been playing around with some printing techniques.

Here are some icecream cat Fakemon:

icecream_cats_fake_cards_by_karite_kita_neko-d4ruokt.png

I actually have all these guys printed as refractor foils as well (but with a silver border). However, my DSi won't let me upload for some reason. :/

Here's my old Alex's Sneasel card in print. I made it holographic with a foil notebook cover. The front card is all holo, while the back card (mostly covered) only has a foil border and image. I like the full-foil version better, myself.

alex__s_sneasel_printed_holo_by_karite_kita_neko-d4s39pq.jpg

And here's another Shining Dunsparce. It's basically the same as my old Alex's Noko, but it's not a trainer's Pokemon, it isn't nicknamed, and it has a new illustration. This one was printed and only Dunsparce itself is holographic.

new_shining_dunsparce_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d4sd5cl.jpg

Want to know how I did it? Read this tutorial: [LINK]

And now, here's a card of me (well, my Pokemon Trainer OC):

HNI_0043-1.jpg

I commissioned a picture of my Pokemon Trainer OC, Alex, from chaos-angel5 @deviantart. She couldn't get it to me as fast as she had hoped because she was moving, so when she finally was able to send it to me, she also included a freebie sketch for the wait. Wasn't that so sweet? I told her she didn't have to, but I love it all the same, so much that I decided to color it and make a card with it.

"This card can only be played by Alex. All Pokemon in this Trainer's control become (Ice)-type. If you have at least 3 (Ice)-type Pokemon with Dunsparce in their name in play, you win the game."

---

Oh, I almost forgot. I also made a holo Yu-Gi-Oh! ORICA with my OC, Kj'kun.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCeL_X28bUY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

(Art collab between me and Kiani-Magic @deviantArt)

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Cats, Cat-Weasels, Shiny Snakes (3/24/12)

Lol'd at that Full Art trainer. Also, nice fakemon, and that tutorial will be really helpful. Will post the results ASAP. :D

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Gijinka!? (3/26/12)

I'm glad you were able to get a laugh out of it. I'm going to have to build a Dunsparce deck just to use it. XD

Thanks, and I'm glad the tutorial could be of help. I can't wait to see what other fakers' printed holos look like. :)

UPDATE: Speaking of printed holos...

weavile_gijinka_orica_by_karite_kita_neko-d4u25uk.png

weavile_gijinka_orica__printed_version__by_karite_kita_neko-d4u3kes.jpg

I really don't see why you don't see these more often. People make Gijinka Yu-Gi-Oh! cards all the time. I figured it could be done with Pokemon as well.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Gijinka!? (3/26/12)

Thanks! I'm glad you think so. :D

---

I updated the Weavile Gijinka fake. I changed the template around a bit and tweaked the artwork.

updated__weavile_gijinka_orica_by_karite_kita_neko-d4u9zrm.png

I thought the muscle-indicating strokes on his torso were a bit too much, so I removed them so that area would just be defined by shading. I also fixed his nose and stretched the image horizontally so it would look more to others and in print how the original looked on my wide-screen monitor. I hope you like the changes.

Also, I'm thinking about shortening the first post. It's starting to get a bit lengthy, What do you guys think?

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Updated Weavile Gijinka ORICA (3/31/12)

*smacks neko* Not really my blank anymore is it, if you've edited it :p

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Updated Weavile Gijinka ORICA (3/31/12)

aschefield101 said:
*smacks neko* Not really my blank anymore is it, if you've edited it :p

I guess not, but it still uses pieces you made. That counts for something.

RE: Awesome Tricks and Screenies to prove them

Indeed.

The existence of yet another secret Pokémon has been brought to my attention. This hidden Pokémon can only be obtained in Pokémon Black/White after the National Pokédex has been completed (excluding Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genosect). The player must defeat GAME FREAK Morimoto in Castelia City using six LV.100 Liepard or Persian with max happiness. Amongst defeating him, he tells the player that they have far surpassed him, then mentions something about once spotting an orange cat Pokémon with a long tail, but had failed to capture it. He suggests that you go after it. After this, the player will have a 1% chance of finding Pantan in shaking grass. It's a LV.5 Noraml-type Pokémon that knows Tackle and Tail Whip. It learns Shadow Claw (7), Quick Attack (10), Bite (13), Fury Swipes (16), Scratch (19), Follow Me (22), Slam (25), Rest (28), Amnesia (31), Baton Pass (34), Me First (37), and Pay Day (40) upon level-up. It does not evolve nor can it breed (though it isn't considered a Legendary Pokémon). It is not recorded on the Pokédex.

Proof:
pantan_in_pokemon_bw_by_karite_kita_neko-d4y300q.jpg

Back