TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

Redstar

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Awesome Tricks and Screenies to prove them

PMJ said:
Green has like the worst sprites ever, that Imakuni? looks too awesome to be in Green :O
The Green sprites aren't necessarily "bad"; they're just in a different style than we're used to. Realize that Pokemon are monsters, and the Green sprites best represented that.

bacon

!!!!!

Redstar said:
The Green sprites aren't necessarily "bad"; they're just in a different style than we're used to. Realize that Pokemon are monsters, and the Green sprites best represented that.

I'd use that logic for most of the Red/Blue sprites, but...

greenspr151.png
greenspr083.png
greenspr003.png
greenspr107.png

...I think Green's really were terrible no matter how one tries to justify it, especially when you compare them to the official Sugi art.

Digging Imakuni, the worlds weirdest video game character certainly needs more love.

Redstar

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah, the majority of the Green sprites do leave you wondering just what was going on in the art department at the time, but they're still fun to look at to see how far they've come... Even how far they came just between Green and Blue.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
RE: Nekoban's Random Cards

Been a while since I've updated this. It's been quite some time since I last faked a Pokemon card.

Anyway, about a week ago (I think), when Serebii's 'Pokemon of the Week' was Ho-Oh, I noticed an awesome pic of Ho-Oh at the bottom (the Anime Appearances section). This image inspired me to make a fake. My first priority was to find a better-quality image, so I scanned the net for videos of 'For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll' and came across a good one and took a screencap. Next thing I had to do was figure out what I wanted the card to do. In the end, I basically turned it into a Pokemon incarnate of The Winged Dragon of Ra (from Yu-Gi-Oh).

Hooh_card2.png

Meh, I know the fonts are off and it may not be set up properly, but... I've never considered myself a faking expert. :p

~ UPDATE

What is this card?

Click the thumbnail to find out!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Neeeat. :D

Not a fan of the Lapras evo though. Lapras is onea them pokemon that really oughta be left alone, I think.

I do like the old school style fakes, though. Do you have blanks/fonts/guide to share with the rest of the class (me)?? :>

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

I think I gotta agree with you there. However, look what they did to some of our favorite basics. D:

Thanks. Only templates I have thus far are Colorless and Water (all stages) and Special Energy. However, they're intended soley for printed fakes (they won't look near as good if you simply save the digital image, so print and scan them). They're in Microsoft Office Publisher format so you can easily right-click to change pictures (including energy symbols) and highlight textboxes to change the text. All you have to do is have Microsoft Publisher (Open Office should work as well, but I've never tested it) and the proper fonts (Gill Sans, including Condensed, and Futura families are all that I can recall being required).

Would you like me to upload what I have thus far?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Yes please. :>

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

I hope this works. http://www.mediafire.com/?4wdmnamdlt4

After creating your card(s), make sure it is (or they are) inside the margins, then publish the file as a PDF. Open the PDF, then print.

If you're satisfied with these, I'll post the Special Energy and Dark Pokemon (not Dark-type) files.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

Did you know that you could get a Pokemon named Mewth in Gold and Silver? It's a fusion of Meowth and Mew.

First, catch a male Meowth and nickname it MEWTH. Go to a Pokemon Center (or the Pokemon Day-Care) and perform the cloning glitch on that Meowth, but turn the game off before it says "Saving." If your timing was just right, when you turn your game back on and look in your PC, the Meowth will have be lv.0, have no name and will be female (this is called a Bad Clone). After you have accomplished this, save the game.

Next you need to get a Pokemon that know Slam as its 3rd attack (Sentret is a common choice) and nickname it MMMMMEW. Make 4 normal clones and a Bad Clone of this (you should have a total of 5 normal Sentret if you do this). Withdraw all of the normal Sentret, followed by the Bad Clone.

Give the Bad Clone to one of the Day-Care people and take it right back. Move the Bad Clone to the top of your party. Select Move Pokemon. Move one Pokemon that you don't care about to the top of your party. No, you haven't missed anything; you will have 7 Pokemon. You should notice in the Move Pokemon screen that your party is empty. The glitch at the top of your party is confusing your PC, and all Pokemon below that glitch are invisible. Give the Bad Clone back to the Day-Care person.

Go back to the PC and deposit the first Pokemon in your party, followed by the first four Sentret. If they are holding mail, you will have to remove it before you can deposit them. You should notice several things now: first, the names are shrinking by one letter each time you deposit a Sentret. This is the reason for renaming the Sentret back in the beginning. Second, All of the Sentret should be level 0.

Take back the Bad Clone again. Give them the Sentret and immediately take it back. If you look in your party, you'll have a Mew.

Withdraw the remaining Bad Clone from the Pokemon Day-Care and give them Mew. Go to your PC and get the Bad Clone of Meowth you made earlier. Give it to the other Day-Care person and immediately take it back. Check your party and it will have transformed into Mewth!

Mewth is the Fusion Pokemon. It it the same size and weight as Mew. Mewth knows Pay Day, Scratch, Psychic, and Twister. It can't be taught all TMs and HM's like Mew, but it learns the HMs upon level-up.

Is this proof enough for you?
Mewth__by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

moonpix

Aspiring Trainer

bacon said:
I'd use that logic for most of the Red/Blue sprites, but...

greenspr151.png
greenspr083.png
greenspr003.png
greenspr107.png

...I think Green's really were terrible no matter how one tries to justify it, especially when you compare them to the official Sugi art.

Digging Imakuni, the worlds weirdest video game character certainly needs more love.
What is wrong with that mew?
OMG OMG OMG Imakuni?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

What in the name of!? This is insanity! Awesome tricks man!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

lol, Thanks.

---

Nintendo Easter Eggs:

Apparantly Nintendo thought it would be fun to hide various non-Pokemon characters in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, just as they had in Red and Blue (like Yoshi and Luigi). However, in Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire, you cannot catch them. Instead, they are trainers that will battle you only once certain conditions are met. The only Nintendo trainers that I have heard of are Mario and Link. I haven't figured out how to make Mario appear, but I know it has something to do with Jr. & Sr. Anne and Meg. However, I have managed to make Link appear, so I'll tell you how to do that.

Link_Ruby.jpg

In order for Link to appear, you will need 8 things: 2 GameBoy Advance, Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire, The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - Four Swords, a GameBoy Advance Link Cable, a Tyranitar nicknamed GANONDORF, and a Gardevoir nicknamed ZELDA. First, make sure Tyranitar is the first Pokemon in your party and Gardevoir is the last. Connect Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire to LOZ Four Swords via Link Cable. Keep LOZ Four Swords on the title screen.

On Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, go to the route where the Pokemon Day-Care is. Talk to the old man and he'll say "Hohoho, you are no ordinary trainer. I'll let you have a look inside." He will move aside and let you go behind the fence. Keep walking and you'll find your way to a trainer dressed in green. Talk to him and he'll say "..." and challenge you to a battle. It's Link with 4 Pokemon: Clefairy, Ponyta, Graveller, and Vaporeon. When you beat him, he'll disappear and the screen will fade out. You will return to the front of the fence with the Day-Care man who says "That was quite a show. Hohoho. Take this." and he gives you a White Flute.

If you save the game after this, you won't be able to do it again, unless you reset your game. If you want to hold off and show your friends, don't save.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Works perfectly!!! I just fought Link! Thanks for the tip!!! :D

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

Good thing you already had Tyranitar and Gardevoir. I know Tyranitar is a pain to get.

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

I've said it on AC and I'll say it here, your new cards are nothing short of amazing Kouganator :p