Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Monday, 7/23, MT (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Experience

Wow, WPM, what an adventure. O_O Just another reason to hate AR users with a passion. And that stupid employee. My adventure at GameStop was a pleasant one, I'm sorry yours had to turn out like this. =/

Oh, and go your mom. *gives a thumbs up*

well I am sorry that people cheat that way....thats not cool.....you should seriously go to another GameStop.....I didnt enter any tourneys because my team isnt done yet...but hopefully soon I can get in :D

You have my sympathy WPM. That happened to me at a tournament, except my opponent had a Sableye with with WonderGuard. At that point I just quit and gave up.

WPM... that...

Christ man, I honestly don't know what to say.

I have read MANY tournament reports, and though some of them had cheaters, NONE of them were to this extreme. And despite your complaints, they STILL let the guy go on to the next round, EVEN with the blatent evidence going around?

I am a former employee at Gamestop, so trust me when I say that THAT action with the event holder in question is by far the most unexcusable piece of garbage I have seen ANY employee do with a tournament. I do not want to bring your hopes down, however, but the odds of the district manager doing anything about this may be low. It all depends on the manager in question, and if you somehow kept in contact with the people who were with you at the tournament as witnesses. Any forms of evidence you may have been able to gather would help especially.

Being in my tournament, I have learned that there are many players out there who like to play casual, and those like you, me and the many Pokeholics in this board and beyond that play professionally, but we all play fair and in good sportsmanship. We battle for top prize, but we also battle to learn and to enjoy our experience. At the tournament I participated in, that's what it was all about for the most part (Sans one guy who tried to use 2 farkin Smergals with a Spore/Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo... granted, though, I schooled him).

I understand there will also be players who don't give a hoot about any of that and just battle to win and have bragging rights... but to see a crime like this being committed... it's just sickening. It's like seeing someone god mod in a Halo 2 tournament, or a Smash bros melee tourney or... hell ANY tournament with fighting compititions. ANY gamer, professional or casual, can feel for something as stupid as this.

Even though the odds are against you, bro, I hope you get proper justice for this.

And yes, I know it's all just a video game, but it's the principals of it all darn it XD

See, that's the thing. This is probably the most extreme case, but other people were experiencing things at their Gamestops to degrees of this. I think someone wanted me to go to this tournament and experience/post this injustice so that Nintendo might learn from it... or something.

I dunno...

It's all weird, but like I said, everything that Ive heard up until now sounded like mere cheap tactics compared to this. This was just flat out cheating. He may as well had his team filled with shiny ubers with 999 stats... which... the latter almost sounds like it could've been the case.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who went to a fairly runned tournament... =/

I lolled. Starmie with Pressure? Gengar with Wonderguard? He took Electivire, which is Electric, when you had Gyarados and Dragonite. All attacks OHKO'd. That's the lamest cheater ever. The part with your mom destroying the GIC was funny. I feel that some Persians should be getting Doubleslaps.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I think someone wanted me to go to this tournament and experience/post this injustice so that Nintendo might learn from it... or something.

That's what I would do. I didn't have a problem so I'm not going to make one up, but I think the best thing for everyone who suffered from cheaters at their tournament to do would be to email their experience to Nintendo so they do their best to make the next tournament an enjoyable one.

masterryanx said:
That's what I would do. I didn't have a problem so I'm not going to make one up, but I think the best thing for everyone who suffered from cheaters at their tournament to do would be to email their experience to Nintendo so they do their best to make the next tournament an enjoyable one.

If Nintendo didn't get the hint with the Battle Brains tournament and hardly banned anything at JAA, I doubt this will change their minds about anything, sadly.

It's mostly the store in question's fault if anything, since there was ground base rules, but since Gamestop was the one HOSTING the tournament, it was up to each individual store if whether or not they'd enforce specific rules.

However, it WOULD be nice if they held the tournament at another store besides Gamestop next time. The size of the stores made it hard for the 32+ participants to wait around, since they practically crowd the entire place. I'd vote for either Best Buy or Toys R Us myself.

I know what you went through at the BR tournament. My experience wasn't as bad as your's but still it was pretty bad. My Gamestop in Palmdale started a half hour late, they let people into the tournamet after the first round started, did not inform anyone about the rules until the first match was over (which was mine and I lost), and he did not check anyone's games for cheated items or pokemon. I was fed up so I left. I think that these tournaments were absolutely ridiculous and something needs to be done about it.

Dude, shame I wasn't there. When it comes to getting rid of cheaters, I rule man. So kid at my tournament, Sends out a Porygon-Z out and uses Tri-Attack on Dusknoir. It hits thanks to scrappy ability. I go to find the judge, and he's outside smoking(which i'm allergic to so I can't stay). I decided not to mess with the cheater, until the kids Sturdy Gravler gets a 1 shot from Porygon-Z's Sheer Cold. Suddenly the cheaters DS restarts itself, ending the battle, and involentarily chooses new game, and saves itself.(this was the championship match, and the kid had been cheating at 2 other tournaments, winning both). The look on his face was priceless, but he was atleast 17 so it wasn't like it was some little kid.
WPM, I too always have my Laptop. He's lucky he didn't get caught by the GIC(who didn't show up for about 10 minutes after the champion match was done). He stunk horribly too.

When is the official release date for the set? My prediction is the first week of September.:)

OK, I'm a cheater, I admit it... But I would NEVER, EVER use then in any kind of competition, whether it's something like this or just a random battle on wi-fi, or even trade hacked pokemon on the GTS. So... don't assume that all cheaters have no honor, even if the majority of them seem not too. And if I ever find that anyone in my club (look in sig) they will be out right away. I do it purely for fun and conveniece.

That said I also wanna point out something to people. This page has a program that will detect cheats, not based on obviosly hacked things but on actual abnormalities in code cuased by cheating. I haven't tried it becuase it requires you to backup you gamefiles to a computer using special hardware but I've heard other people say it works with amazing accuracy. Now you may be wondering what that has to do with anything but think about it. If some pokefan/programmer can make something like this Nintendo surely has something even better. I know that people got banned from the JAA tourney even when thier pokemon looked perfectly legit to the human eye, albiet a little odd that they probably had great IVs and EVs, but that's not what gave them away. I guess the only problem with this tourney was that it wasn't "official", I feel confident that nintendo checks much more throughly in thier own events.

lol. Wow. I had doubts about Gamestop putting any effort into this tournament, but this is like negative effort. Very amusing story indeed.

edit: Your experience may have been nothing but horror, but I HIGHLY suggest you read the second and fourth update on today's Penny Arcade. It's really... moving. :p
www.penny-arcade.com

I have had this experience twice... I am ow starting a boycott group against the gamestop (In Pahrump NV.) The one that is near me had recently had a tournament and had actually checked, especially since I know most of the Monday Shift employee's. The one in pahrump had no rules enforced whatsoever. (I don't know how to spell the cities name so this may or may not be the correct spelling.) This guy had 95 explorer kits in his mail pocket, and they didn't suspect anything. "oh, I dropped my game while saving, it may have glitched." Then we go on to battle, and I am against him in the 3rd match. He is using a lvl 100 Dragonite with 782 Attack, def. sp atk, sp. def, and 999a (yes it said 999a) speed and a lvl 50 Raikou with 700 every stat. Of course, they don't listen. My Absol and Rhyperior are somehow both hit by horndrill (Yes... a dragonite with horn drill) and are ko'ed. Then its my Ninetails and Nidoking. I managed to get my ninetails to avoid Dragonites Giga Impact, then killed it with my own horn drill... Then comes Deoxys, that can use Draco Meteor.... I gave up and me and some other began to protest... we caused enough ruckus to gget the owner to kick us out... there was about 17 of us. I then proceeded to another tournament at my local one. We got 21 cheaters, so there was only 10 of us entered. They checked where the Pokémon was caught, if they had higher then average on a stat whether it had PkRs or not and whether its personality had played into it, then its move set. then they checked the inventory. It was more fair, I got off in 2nd place, losing to a rather good person (my absol and ninetails vs his Eletivire and Dusknoir). I got Pokemon BR, and he got the wii bundle pack w/ br. anyway, I find it unfair I have to pay $15 to lose to a cheater...

RE: Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Exper

Dang...and I thought I had it bad with the one employee taking the 1st place winner's PBR shirt (I was 1st, hence I was ticked about not getting my shirt). Good luck in getting that issue resolved.

I know how you feel. :( My gamestop (which is also near a Target :|) had a very small tournament, in which evryoine from young kids to teenagers to a little girl's dad. (not lying) my guys didn't even check evryone's pokemon. There was one cheater who showed off his Arceus, and used the most common excuse for cheated pokemon, "I got it from my friend." I can't say how I felt, because you would probably delete this comment, but I was annoyed. but that's what happens when they get random Gamestop people to run tournaments. (And our conselation prizes were a bookmark with palkia or Dialga, and a Transformers poster, having nothing to do with pokemon!! (And the bookmark has nothing to do with gamestop) I feel your pain man.

well, when i went to gamestop one day, i wanted to ask an employee a question. He completely blew me off and instead walked right over to the boy next to me. The guy didn't even have a question, he was just there to say hi. So I asked someone else and that guy got in trouble :). And one time when i was sellling a game, this guy came and sold the exact same game in the same condition as mine and got more money! I got $4, he got $7.

RE: Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Exper

Wow at first I was upset that I was on vacation all weekend and couldn't go but now...wow I'm glad I didn't go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back