Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a hour on the bus to get to the gamestop I went to but I had to take two bus and over all from my home to the mall with the gamestop it took me 3 hours to get there but my dad took my bro after i was at the mall so i went home with my family

I can not believe the amount of people who resort to cheating to win these tournaments. I feel sorry for everyone who got cheated by them, yet also thankful that England doesn't have these tournaments (mainly as my team still isn't ready).
And it's good to see someone stick up for the people who didn't cheat. Well done WPM's mum.

That's absurd! It is obvious that the GIC was a friend of the cheater and that it was all organized to let him get a free Nintendo Wii. You should have actually dropped the tournament when you had to face that guy. And, am I wrong or Pokemon Colosseum didn't allow you to enter the cheated Pokemon? It's sad that you can in PBR... Anyway, I like your mom a lot!

im sorry everyone didnt like it. on a happier note, i live in a small town therefore only about 5 people actually participated 10 watched. the GIC was a total fair-bent pokemaniac so we had a good judge. :) I do have about 3-5 cheated pokemon for pure amusement, not for tournaments. I had to trade them to my pearl from my diamond, so i could battle w/ my legit ev and iv trained pokemon. I am so glad people are fair. I did win, only on the account, that i totally out-witted an 11 year old. *chuckles* sorry to those who had a bad time though. :/ WPM, your mom is so cool, who supports u in pokemon. My neighborhood thinks thats imature so i had to go incognito. Your mom rocks!

The good thing is there were nice people willing to trade me some shinies for my weaker pokemons. Ans luckily there was no cheaters

Whoa. I feel so bad that your experience went down like that, WPM. But how awesome is your mom?! She sounds SO cool! My mom gives me that "I should have cut you out when I had the chance" look whenever I mention anything relating to Pokémon. But I digress. Those cheaters, obviously, did not deserve to win. A Starmie with the Pressure ability? Ugh. My experience was okay. We didn't get to use the Wii at all, only because the guy in charge of the store, not the tournament, was out to lunch. So we just battled using the DS Wireless Connection. I went up against this, um, 11-year-old-ish kid whose team consisted purely and solely on the strongest legendaries out there. I sent out my Gallade while he sent out his Palkia. My Gallade was taken out with a single Spacial Rend. My Dragonite wipes it out with Outrage and takes out his Regice, too. Kyogre, his next Pokémon, Sheer Colds my poor Dragonite and put her out of commission. My Milotic, luckily, takes it down with a couple Drizzle-enhanced Surfs. His cursed Shiny Suicune was too fast and took her out with a few Digs. My Vaporeon completely absorbs any and all Water attacks his Suicune had in his arsenal, so he sends out Articuno, who also knows Sheer Cold. Woo-hoo. With my Vaporeon reduced to shattered chunks of ice, My Gardevoir proceeds to barely dent his Articuno before she to becomes an ice sculpture. My last Pokémon, Blaziken, wipes out his Articuno, but goes down in defeat at the hands(paws?) of his Shiny Suicune. I don't even want to know about his last Pokémon. So, in the end, I lost in the first round and have a new hatred towards the moves Sheer Cold and Spacial Rend. Who knew? But at least they weren't hacked. Next time, he'll have to deal with my Cresselia. (I need at least ONE legendary next time...)

lucky my gamestop hade a rock paper siccer thing because nothing was working

RE: Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Exper

Dear WPM,

I am a "Pokedad" playing in an excellent league in NJ (some of our more noted players, Drew G, Lissanne, and Benny) and I discussed your gamestop experience today. We all thought that the cheating was very pathetic and I as a parent give kudos to your mom for sticking up for you and your brother. More importantly your site makes a case that there are still a lot of people out there who can enjoy fun videogames and TCG's without cheating. Kudos as well to how you emphasize the importance of working hard in school and getting good grades. Keep up the good work and remember that the majority of people pride themselves on playing fair so don't let the cretins who cheat get you down!

I knew something like this would happen. It's easy to cheat now, but this is pretty extreme. I'm sorry to hear you and your brother had to go through this incident. I never find it's a good idea to put power in the hands of store staff that have no connect to anything that has to do with Pokemon. It didn't work for Pokemon TCG events and it isn't working here either.

Nice! So the Penny Arcade guys attended a GameStop tournament! Interesting read.

I like the new comic, Dialga aiding soldiers? lol. :D

The GIC of many of the Gamestops(barring the Pokemon fan one) are ignorant, shouldn't they have a representative form Nintendo or something?

Mine were very careful, they check Pokedexes for Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, and actually DQ'ed a whole group of hackers. The organizer actually seemed to know how to play Pokemon. I feel sorry for you, WPM. :p

at the gamestop I was at I was the first one up and the guy i faced was to powerful and beat the yonger kids like me but since someone hacked thier game and could'nt get in th wii so i got a 2 shot and almost won the person who won was the only girl participating
THEY also gave out free Jirachi's from the pokemon coliseum
pre sale bouns disk to download on your ruby or saphire version 2
transfer to your diamond and pearl version it could only go on a ruby or saphire though. but mine was agood fun time sorry yours was
and your mom is awsome![/align][/color][/size][/font]

they shouldve made this tournement age categoried or in the instruction pahmphlets it should talk about evs? because it wiould be quite overwhelming to be destroyed first round when you just trying to have fun why does america get all the tourneys ? i might move when im older just because of this fact

I just read the Penny Arcade story. I really enjoyed the games too, until I started getting into EVs and IVs and stuff. That QUICKLY took the fun out of the game since I had to grind for hours just to find a decent pokemon, but as usual, it would end up with high IVs and one insanely low IV in the stat I needed and I'd have to start all over again. I wish there really wasn't IVs and EVs in this game or that there were two games with one for the people that like that stuff and one for the common folk who don't, because it really does take the fun out of it. And I can choose not to mess with that stuff, but then I have no chance at tournaments either.

The area Gabe lives in sounds nice. I wish I was a little kid there and could have real fun with the game.

RE: Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Exper

when i heard about this tournament and how much trouble WPM was having trying to find out about the tournament, i figured it was an unorganized, and by the sound of it, it was. I couldn't go, because the nearest Gamestop is like 4 hours aways. I think next time Nintendo want so to have a Tournament they should structure it better.

Ok, now I'm happy I couldn't go to the tournament! I wouldn't want that many cheaters around, and I would be soooo nervous. I can't even immagine what its like to face a cheater. I'm soo sorry for you.

well, I can say that my tournament wasnt hacker absent, there were none at the looks of things. 1 Kid did have "BAD EGGS" but he was allowed to change hos team, and was instantelly pwned by his opponent.

My bud Keith, won it all using eeveolutions and a latias without soul dew.

I May even ask Nintendo to become the Pokemon representative of Southern Nevada for tournaments with the video game. But thats me, as I do have knowledge.

WPM, try to organize a boycott of that gamestop. They lose buisness and when people go up they will wonder why.

Remember, the robot mafia supports you, but dont tell anyone. Spread the word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back