Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheaters ruin everything for people who want to play properly. Anyway- at least you went to a tournament- over here in sunny old england we're lucky to even get 1 pokemon convention a year !

Well, this game was according to Gamestop's rules. The employees have to do something to scan for cheaters next time, because people with hacked pokemon make this tournament sound unfair. Some other store should at least have a tournament without cheaters.

PS I manage to type all of this using the Wii.

Wonder Guard Gengar? Did he, by any chance, have a wonder guard sableye, pure power slaking or volt absorb Gyarados?
Somehow I knew these kind of tournaments would end this way, but seriously, how can they not have noticed a pressure starmie or wonder guard gengar? Did they even check the stats of the Pokémon, because there's a high chance all of their stats were 999, clones don't mean you cheated (with a cheating device), a lot of shinies don't mean you cheated, starmie with pressure, that's more than obvious evidence of cheating. They should at least check the teams instead of just the boxes, I could care less if the person I'm battling has a box filled with arceus, as long as his starmie doesn't have pressure...

RE: Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Exper

Mostly the same store up in Portland, Oregon.

I tried to manage the event, as I manage any and all GBA/DS tournaments at the big TCG events in the area, so I had a little bit of leverage, but it didn't help out much. There was a kid with an Infernape that kepty 1-hit-ko-ing any and everything with Overheat, despite the move constantly lowering it's special attack stats, it was able to kill anything. It even plowed through my shuckle in one hit.

I brought it up to the guy in charge, he basically shrugged. I asked the kid if i could see his infernape's stats, he refused. The guy in charge then asked, and the kid refused again, and left. The kid had just beaten my girlfriend, so a bunch of us basically asked the guy in charge if she gets the victory since the kid was disqualified. He denied us. "She lost, she's out of the tournament, even if she lost to a cheater."

This went on all day. Another kid had a team of all shinies, all with good natures, egg moves, etc. The store manager wouldn't allow us to question him much further cuz "he's just a little kid."

Futher on, a kid showed up with a shaymin on his team, we pointed it out, and the manager basically said "As long as the kid doesn't use it, he's ok." Despite what the official rules Nintendo sent him said.

Even later on, kids learned that if they pulled out their game cartridge during the PBR game, it'd cause a disconnection, and the manager would have them restart the match. Needless to say, whenever someone was about to lose, this would magically happen.

I'm very upset at how these tournaments were run. The guys running the store didn't have rules prepared until AN HOUR before the tournament started.

I called almost daily asking for rules, and I got some the day before. The next day, an hour before the tourney started, the rules were completely changed. We went from Double battles w/ Legendaries to single battles without. All of our teams were screwed up and strategies ruined, there was no room for preperation.

I think the BIGGEST mistake here was that there were NEVER any specific rules laid out for this tournament.

I can feel your anguish in that story. That's one of the reasons why I didn't go to my Game Stop tournament. I knew each individual store wasn't going to follow the rules. From what I've heard, most of the winner's were hackers.

The best part of your experience is when you finally got your Pokemon on to PBR. It must've been hilarious to see only two of his Pokemon show up, with the rest being bad eggs. I'm surprised the G-I-C didn't take action after that.

The majority might have been hackers but I didn't hack (No one at mine did either) and I still won. Also I did watch some of the matches but I found the X-Box 360 display more entertaining, mostly because I had EV trained Ubers(Clint had them as well) and they just had Ubres and there was just something about the rabbit (From the Rayman game) swallowing the controller was always funny to watch.

Edit If the event had turned out like some of the bad ones (With hackers winning) I would wait for them in the parking lot on my bike ask to see the game then point and go "OMG WIT?" to distract them then ride off with the game. (And I could get away with it because I don't live to far from the gamestop).

RE: Monday, 7/23, Mysterious Treasures (DP 2) Pre-Release Dates, WPM's Gamestop Exper

Visitor9x said:
I tried to manage the event, as I manage any and all GBA/DS tournaments at the big TCG events in the area, so I had a little bit of leverage, but it didn't help out much. There was a kid with an Infernape that kepty 1-hit-ko-ing any and everything with Overheat, despite the move constantly lowering it's special attack stats, it was able to kill anything. It even plowed through my shuckle in one hit.

I brought it up to the guy in charge, he basically shrugged. I asked the kid if i could see his infernape's stats, he refused. The guy in charge then asked, and the kid refused again, and left. The kid had just beaten my girlfriend, so a bunch of us basically asked the guy in charge if she gets the victory since the kid was disqualified. He denied us. "She lost, she's out of the tournament, even if she lost to a cheater."

This went on all day. Another kid had a team of all shinies, all with good natures, egg moves, etc. The store manager wouldn't allow us to question him much further cuz "he's just a little kid."
Futher on, a kid showed up with a shaymin on his team, we pointed it out, and the manager basically said "As long as the kid doesn't use it, he's ok." Despite what the official rules Nintendo sent him said.
Dude! That sucks so bad. I am very sorry for you and I don't understand why most of the GameStop people just don't care about the rules! My guy really didn't care much about anything but he made it fair. I was displeased when I learned that the rules had come in on Friday and was not willing to tell me them because the "BOOK" was too "LONG." That really made me mad. All in all, no one hacked or cheated and I came in second. For more discussion, go to my thread here: http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=21125

Well, I guess now I'm glad the closest Game Stop Tournament locations were hours from here. It seems like those cheaters were a common occurence in every state the Tournaments were held in.

Yeah, I think the G.I.C. let those cheaters by because they knew each other, or something (heh, maybe they paid the guy, who knows XD). Yes, I did get a kick out of your report, especially the part mentioning your mom chewing out the so-called "G.I.C.", boy did he get his.

...Man, I wish I had a nice little report of my own to share.

Shawn out.

At my gamestop, it took 4 hours for the first round because every game was played on the one wii that they had, so over 75% of the people after the first round. At mine, my team got killed by 3 Sheer Colds in a row. My opponent was not disqualified because there was no proof that it was a hack.

Wow, that's amazing, WPM, and all you other people! I knew that these tournaments would be dominated by cheaters, but I thought that there would at least be some decent management.... -_-

I didn't go to one of these tournaments, so I wouldn't know much, but......No more buying games from Gamestop!

Oh, and, I was laughing throughout the first part of your "Morally-Enlighting" story, but slowly got madder and madder as I read more. Just reading it made me really, really mad at the managment, and
those little cheaters. I mean, they have to cheat to win, where as some people come with a good, legit team, and have great chances of winning.....What a way to ruin a tournament.

It's bad enough that they were cheating and got away with it, but to go ahead and harras you and your brohter, even after the tournament? That's just crazy!

Also....

WPM's Mom said:
"Is this what you are trying to teach kids? That blatant cheaters are allowed to win? You are supposed to be teaching kids morals, not teaching them that it is okay to cheat. You were in charge of this tournament, and it was your job to make it fair for everyone."

Whoo! Go WPM's Mom! Wow, that's great! I can just see the expression on the G.I.C.'s face. Classic! I'm glad that she decided to get up and speak her mind to him! That's probably what I would have done.

WPM's Mom said:
...sarcastically telling her “Have a nice day,” to which she replied, “Good luck with what’s left of yours.”

That's awesome. I wish I could have been there to see that!

My Bubble (Kyogre) has very good sheer cold accuracy, maybe so did that guys pokemon.

I lost to my Gamestop Tournament. But there were no hackers. There was a lucky guy though. He had a swaggered snorlax. It would die if it was confused. The other guy had two pokemon left. The snorlax hit with earthquake and killed Luxray and Torterra. That was funny.

Unlike you, my Gamestop employees actually played the game. There was also a 1 legendary-fee for each team. He checked everyone's bag and maybe other things. I didn't care.

The employees actually did get the game open and we played. Only two people had shinies. A pink jumpluff (made a laugh through the store) and a Dragonite.

A kid and their mom played too. The mom lost quickly.

All in all, out of 12, I was in the top 6.

I took the bus 20 miles just to go to the Santa Anita mall in Arcadia there was two stores EB games and Gamestop. But now the Ebgames is also Gamestop. I went to both stores and they were both holding the tourement. So I signed up at the one in gamestop. Of course I met some new people and made friends. there was a really nice dude i became friends with. We traded pokemons. He game he a shiny deoxys Legit for a shiny gloom with pokerus and ev trained. When the tourement start the Gamestop employee just checks the pokemon in your team and not the bag. Well some people lefted so there was 14 people lefted. So it was uneven. The employee asked me to ask if two people can go. Me and my friend and my brother was playing. But since no one wanted to go Me and my new friend went and played at the other store. The other store didn't check anything but they didn't allow items while the store we were at before did. But this store allowed you to use any pokemon up to 493( there was someone with a Arceus) And both store was one on one with only 3 pokemons. I was in the final round because i signed up last because they needed people to leave at the other store. but my oppolent was my new friend. I also end up battling people that I know or are my friends. :( Ok I used the adamant swampert he game me to knock out his torterra. It was tough. then i retreated and sent out mewtwo on his latios. None of my mewtwo attacks where supper effective. So I used fire bast and burned it. Also my mewtwo knew ice beam before to tourement. :( but the latios took out mewtwo so I sent out swampert again and took out latios with ice beam like i did to torterra. Then he sent out the adamant rayquazza i gave him at level 100 with 425 attack stats with attack Extremespeed, outrage, dragon claw, and ice beam. My last pokemon was garchomp but was tooken out by ice beam with the first blow. I lost to my friend in this tourement but I did get some sinnies and other cool pokemons. I wished him luck because i had to leave and he game my cell phone a call and told me he got 2nd place.

i live in canada so i couldnt go to the pbr tourneys but after 2 months the games were released my league store decided to have a tourney all they said was no legendaries but i talked to them about how some people were using action replays so they never said anything till the day of the tourney about them expecting your boxes and how cheaters would be dq and the particpants ruled what was cheating like a voting system i made it all the way to the finals with a lone pokemon togekiss only to loss to someone who was cheating but in a none obvious way he out speed my starmie with a togekiss which made me ask to check its stats and what it was holding he obliged and indeed it was holding kings rock and its speed stat was lower then mine he said he used ninjask then baton passed and i was like oh yeah then later irembered i knocked his ninjask out before he could do that as i used flamethrower on it firsst turn it wasnt that much of a problem but when a togekiss is outspeeding all your pokemon you pretty much lost but hey i still got the same prize as him a pokeball deck box filled with diamond and pearl packs why cant they have any ds tourneys in canada?

Well at our tournament there was a lot of people who cheated, but they did not use there cheated guys. Also in ours we could use legends but know shinys were allowed it really stunk because 2 of my guys in my team were shiny and the guy never did check our game for cheats.I only made it to the first round because of a kyogre with double team and he kept using eat so all my attacks missed and I lost. and what about the free gift bookmarks (lame), well thats my story

i also have a gamestop in my area but they weren't holding the tourement. If they did I wouldn't have seen some people with cheated pokemons. I the empoyees for a while. Also the employees plays pokemon diamond and pearl. Heres a joke I recieved a master ball from the employee at the gamestop in my area long ago. I didn't use it. Then I got a masterball from the forum. But my friend I met at the tourement gave me a master on purpose to try and get me kicked out but he knew they wouldn't check the bag so it was a joke. Personally I think they should have had a undercover nintendo of america employee watching the tourement and onfront the gamestop working if they allowed cheaters.

oh and WPM, what your mom said was awsome! My mom would probably say the same. Even though she doesn't know a thing about Pokemon, except what Pikachu looks like, she doesn't tolerate cheating and would probably scare the life out of any person that cheated. I didn't articipate in the tournament, though, because I expected this....

I'm sorry the guy in charge was so mean. I will have my report up soon. I hope that guy gets fired.

I agree with Lugia58.I'm also sorry for everbody who got cheated out their fun and time at the tournaments because of cheaters.I glad now my dad didn't want to go(all of the gamestop that had the event were a hour away) but I do have one question for the people who did go.What was the special gift you get if you showed up?

We got a bookmark.

EDIT: I have finished typing my report. Here it is:

The Gamestop Battle Revolution tournament I went to this past Saturday was very fun. The Gamestop was located in Tennessee.

Right next to the Gamestop, there was a TCG league. The league was from 10:00 to 1:00, so I got some time to play the TCG and discuss some D/P battling strategies with some other people who were also going.

Around 1:30 (people always hang around the league place for a while after the league is over), the person running the tournament stopped by to tell everyone that there would be a tournament. Since I only have half an hour until the tournament starts, I quickly head to Taco Bell to grab something to eat before I head over to Gamestop. Unfortunately, my friend's car broke down, and he couldn’t come. There ends up being 16 people at the tournament, and I somehow end up in one of the last matches.

While I was waiting, I talk with some of my friends and some other people. No one seemed like a mean person. We got a lot of DS commutation errors, so, unless we are playing, we are not allowed to turn on out DS. When it finally got to be my turn, I play one of my friends. After our stuff was checked, we start the battle. I’m down 3-2 after a little battling. Unfortunately for him, he has 2 Dragons out. My Mewtwo used Ice Beam. One of his Dragons faints. His other one almost knocks out my Mewtwo. Milotic then attacks with Ice Beam. Now I’m up 2-1. He sends out Infernape. Mewtwo uses Psychic. I win.

There were 2 other friends at the tournament; one was in the other side of the bracket, and he won. The other lost. We are hoping for a match together in the finals. Someone in the final match of round 1 got disqualified for having too many Master Balls. By now it was already 4:00. After a few matches, I go again. I am down some Pokemon again, but I make a comeback and win. My other friend also wins. Yes! We both got in the semi-finals!

My friend has to play someone who’s Blissey hadn’t been knocked out the entire tournament. He tries, but he just can’t win. In my match, my opponent can’t even knockout one of my Pokemon. I end up in the finals. When the person in charge opens the box with the prizes, only one T-shirt! Winner gets Pokemon Battle Revolution and loser gets the T-shirt. I was considering losing just to get the shirt, but my opponent wanted to have a good battle, and told me I could have the T-shirt either way. I battle, and the Blissey still could not be knocked out, and I get 2nd, out of 16. I had a good time, and hope Gamestop does this again!

I didn't get a chance to go to any of these tournaments, but I have fought a cheater before. It was horrible, he was shoving his Darkrai in my face and using Pokemon with moves that shouldn't exist, like a Sableye with Wonder Guard. I didn't want to go to these tournaments, because I was afraid that somebody would cheat. I despise cheaters, and anytime I'm online (in PBR, of course) and I come across somebody with ubers, or Pokemon like Darkrai, etc., I just turn off the Wii. I think it'd be great if Nintendo could figure out a way to ban cheated Pokemon in all games, but I don't think that will be happening, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back