Mega Steelix, Mega Glalie, U.S. OR/AS Demo, and More! [10/14]

It's the Crystal Steelix. No Water-type weakness. He finally evolved.

Crystal_Onix_Tackle.png

KiryatheDragonite said:
Will we be able to download this tonight at twelve, I wonder?

I'm willing to try my hand at seeing if that is the case, though I'm thinking they'll do it throughout the day. Hopefully it will be the case because I cannot wait to play the demo on the XL.

Drohn said:
It's the Crystal Steelix. No Water-type weakness. He finally evolved.

Crystal_Onix_Tackle.png

For the longest time, before I saw shiny Onix for the first time, I thought crystal Onix was the shiny form. Boy, I was so upset when I learned otherwise.... but I wonder what shiny Mega Steelix will look like.

I made a Pokemon Trainer Club account just so I can get to play the demo. e . e

Mega Steelix is neat. It kind of looks like something from the Zelda game Wind Waker. I think it looks more like Steel/Rock than Steel/Ground now, though. Mega Glalie scares me ._. It looks like the top half of its face isn't connected to its mouth at all, like it detached its head from the mouth. I thought it might've been Ice/Dark when I first saw it, before reading on here that it remains pure Ice.

The additions to the Pokenav are cool, and from the pictures on the front page it looks like Mr. Stone has his own unique appearance now instead of looking like a Gentleman.

Frost said:
Mega Glalie better have a second typing. Otherwise it'll still completely suck and nobody will ever use it seriously. Thanks, broken type chart!

My sympathies! Mega Glalie's typing is still the same. :D

don()shinobi said:
But Mega Steelix is still weak to Water.
I know. ;-; Would have been so awesome, though.

(I do hope people get it was a joke based on Mega Steelix having crystal-like things coming out of him. :p)

I just realized, Ash now has four Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, seven if Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Gible evolve, which are less likely.

The new megas are sweet, but the coolest thing about this update is the pokenav and sneaking mechanic. I've always wanted Pokemon to have more interaction with pokemon in the overworld, and this looks like a great mix of old and new - you can find pokemon via random encounter in tall grass, but also search them out in this more interactive way. It looks very much like sneaking up on pigs/cuckoos in Zelda, or bugs in Animal Crossing. More of those games in my Pokemon please!

It sounds like from the demo / sneak peek you gain access to the XY exp. share right after meeting Birch, which probably means another game where having your pokemon hilariously overleveled is the default gameplay experience. Oh well.

oct_p26_01_en.jpg

On the map does anyone see the green squares? One near Evergrande and one in between Slateport and Pacifidlog but down a bit. What are they because clearly they are marked places? I'm thinking one is the Battle whatever Frontier or Tower whatever we end up getting but what else could they be

Am I the only one who thinks Mega Pidgeot looks exactly like Staraptor? Would've been cool If we had gotten Crystal Onix instead of Mega Steelix for nostalgia's sake.

The green squares might be caves (amongst other things). There are caves at some of the places that are marked.

@Card Slinger J: I do see a bit of a resemblance there, especially with the hair thing. I do love the design.

Well thank you for spoilering me, I would have liked to discover this myself in the demo to-freaking-morrow.

Radioactive561 said:
oct_p26_01_en.jpg

On the map does anyone see the green squares? One near Evergrande and one in between Slateport and Pacifidlog but down a bit. What are they because clearly they are marked places? I'm thinking one is the Battle whatever Frontier or Tower whatever we end up getting but what else could they be

Caves and forests most likely. Places of interest that aren't towns and cities. Except for the one at the middle bottom of the map, 2 at the left side and one bellow Sootopolis and the one south of Ever Grande, everything is places you could visit before.

Teal said:
Well thank you for spoilering me, I would have liked to discover this myself in the demo to-freaking-morrow.

In times like these you should avoid places like this. That said, at the top of articles there should be written "spoiler" in large size.

Tbh, I'm still psyched about the crazy flying..

Wanna fly over Norman's gym and yell "S*CK ON IT!"

Teal said:

Hey that's what Pokebeach is for isn't it?

Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix look amazing though. And the soaring thing is something i've wanted since Ruby and sapphire first came out. I wonder how this will affect the flying HM

Hey GameFreak, thank you and all, but you BETTER put the PokéRadar in these games (like you did in XY)!!! I still need it!

xayshade said:
Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix look amazing though. And the soaring thing is something i've wanted since Ruby and sapphire first came out. I wonder how this will affect the flying HM

I'm pretty sure Soaring is exclusive to Mega Lati@s, so more than likely Fly will keep its same old function and Soaring will be a postgame thing.

Hopefully they expand on soaring in later games. It would be amazing to have to traverse sky routes, or going through a ravine or somethig.

Back