Mega Steelix, Mega Glalie, U.S. OR/AS Demo, and More! [10/14]

1. Oh, Eon Ticket is a distribution. Should have figured. That's one distribution where it would actually be thematically appropriate to have cards with serial codes.

2. So Lati@s are freebies in these games. All right.

KiryatheDragonite said:
Anyone see anything about Masuda saying they wouldn't patch X & Y to include the new megas/primals? I think he means they won't make them obtainable in X & Y, but there's no reason to think that the would make them incompatible in regards to trading and battling. The internet, on the other hand, is blowing up over this. Thoughts?

Yeah, for Game Freak's sake, I hope he just meant that the Mega Stones themselves won't be obtainable. We've known that for a while ("Get Diancie's Mega Stone, only in ORAS!") and there was no real reason to expect otherwise, but it'd be a nightmare not to patch in the Megas themselves into XY; it would heavily bork cross-game compatibility, to the point where I don't think it would even be possible. It would have to be like the Time Capsule in GS--you're not allowed to trade with XY players until all ORAS-exclusive Mega Stones are unattached... except where the Time Capsule was only concerned with what crazy Johto Pokemon you had in your party, ORAS would have to account for your entire PC, now that you can trade things freely from it. And it would basically make future VG competitions ORAS-only, though maybe they're already going to do that like they have before.

I mean, we had this concern as soon as the games were announced: They could totally patch XY, but how will the people who never connect to the Internet get the update? It took a bit of thinking, but offline patching seems like a thing that should totally be possible (at least on a distribution level!); X and Y update the 3DS they're being played on to at least a version that is able to patch games, and it seems within the realm of possibility that if ORAS tried to connect to an unpatched XY, a "This version of XY isn't up-to-date. You cannot trade and battle with each other. Would you like to send the update now?" I don't know if the 3DS would allow for a game update to be sent from another 3DS, but maybe, like through Download Play or something. At any rate, Game Freak is in a bit of a pickle, and I really hope they have this figured out. I mean, Mega Lati@s are already in there.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, you could go back to Platinum and look at how trading or battling always forced you to detach the Griseous Orb from Giratina, but that was one Pokemon, and an uber no less. If we were just talking Primal Kyogre/Groudon, then that'd be pretty much fine, but 20+ Mega Evolutions is a lot to not have available for battle.

And oh yeah, new moves. At least Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza all haves moves that don't exist in XY. Those would have be deleted before communicating with people who have XY if they don't receive a patch. Now that we're in the PSS era, that seems really, really bad.

Pokemonlover903 said:
How do you get the demo, it says you have to opt in, but i don't know how, anyone know?

Relevant information

EDIT: Oh, this is interesting:

@Pokemon on Twitter said:
Between #PokemonXY and Pokémon #OmegaRuby and #AlphaSapphire, you can catch every Legendary Pokémon known to date!

So there should also be the legendary dogs, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Giratina, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, the genies, Kyurem, and maybe a few others in these games. All right then.

All these photos.... WPM why are you trying to make my computer melt?

Mega Steelix is probably my favorite here. It looks like it turned into something from space with a little asteroid belt around the head. I'm also really looking forward to that DexNav to fill the Pokédex a little faster. Search Level 100 looks like an awesome spy tool.

I got extra European download codes. If it's not possible for members to get the codes you can mesaage me. First come first serve.

Edit: We tested and they don't work in the USA. This can be because the demo isn't available there yet, but it can also mean that the codes are region locked.

Drohn said:
I finished the demo (and about 20 extra missions; they're endless) and only got Glalie. Perhaps the USA will get something else if it's based on the region/country/language. Greece and the UK also got Glalie.

I hope we'll be able to obtain the other mega that is not in the demo...I have lots of spare shinys lying around, but I doubt anyone will be willing to part with a Steelixite for a shiny Seviper.
I also want to point out that the new gameplay trailer and the official site indicate that Latios/Latias join your party without a battle, most likely before the endgame, meaning soft resetting for them is going to be a massive pain. At least we have iv calculators online.

Drohn said:
Edit: We tested and they don't work in the USA. This can be because the demo isn't available there yet, but it can also mean that the codes are region locked.

Yeah, download codes are usually region-locked, like with the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS demo a few weeks ago.

It's been said the codes would be given out today in the U.S., right? I still haven't gotten a code.

I haven't gotten one either, but I was on serebii.net and under the demo information they're now saying the 21st. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Normally I might not be too concerned about this, but if this is the only way to get Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie then I have to be.

On the official ORAS site with the demo information, it says you should sign up by October 20th in order to make sure you receive the next newsletter, which implies that the demo will be available shortly after the 20th, likely the 21st, just like the PokéBeach FP says.

Actually I meant serebii.net. But I none the less suspected as much when I saw it there.

I have facebook but aside from Bejeweled Blitz I rarely pay attention to it.

When the story first went up it said October 15th. I don't know when that got crossed out and replaced with the 21st but I clearly missed that change.

How can we only get 1 Pokemon in our area of the states? We should be able to get both Steelix and Glalie. I thought all areas of the world would be getting both Pokemon. Why would they only do 1 Pokemon per area? That does not make sense guys.:)

Back