Mega Hoopa Uncovered in OR/AS Demo, Stats for Mega Evolutions [10/15]

To me, the Hoopa form looks like a combination of Vaati, Freeza/Frieza (not sure which spelling is correct, or if both are), a modern Sonic game boss, a jester, Relinquished, and a Mewtwo that received either some kind of power-up or a terminal illness.

Mitja: But whether it's a model or the official artwork, the actual Pokemon looks the same.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2je7rx/so_not_sure_if_anyone_noticed_but_we_got_some_new/

Pretty sure I have every new level-up move listed here. I also checked and I am like 99% sure there are no new egg moves whatsoever.

Tutor moves are here but I don't have the time to make a full list of those, sorry! http://pastebin.com/zwG6puPT

Mitja said:
don()shinobi said:
it still looks like something from Dragon Quest :V

For all we know, you might say the same thing to this kind of ripped model of ANY pokemon if you didn't know it beforehand though.

I mean you're not even being specific as to why it looks like something from dragon quest.

mega-metagross.png

does this look like something from dragon quest? why? why not? xD
"Mega" Hoopa looks like it's from Dragon Quest (in my opinion) due to the crazy hair, demon-like horns, pointed tail, random-ass appendages, a body structure that makes no sense...it's just...Dragon Quest.

scattered mind said:
Found the full list to anyone who can't find it: (There will be 4 move tutors)

SOURCE 1:
Tutor 01: Bug Bite
Tutor 02: Covet
Tutor 03: Super Fang
Tutor 04: Dual Chop
Tutor 05: Signal Beam
Tutor 06: Iron Head
Tutor 07: Seed Bomb
Tutor 08: Drill Run
Tutor 09: Bounce
Tutor 10: Low Kick
Tutor 11: Gunk Shot
Tutor 12: Uproar
Tutor 13: Thunder Punch
Tutor 14: Fire Punch
Tutor 15: Ice Punch

SOURCE 2:
Tutor 01: Magic Coat
Tutor 02: Block
Tutor 03: Earth Power
Tutor 04: Foul Play
Tutor 05: Gravity
Tutor 06: Magnet Rise
Tutor 07: Iron Defense
Tutor 08: Last Resort
Tutor 09: Superpower
Tutor 10: Electroweb
Tutor 11: Icy Wind
Tutor 12: Aqua Tail
Tutor 13: Dark Pulse
Tutor 14: Zen Headbutt
Tutor 15: Dragon Pulse
Tutor 16: Hyper Voice
Tutor 17: Iron Tail

Source 3:
Tutor 01: Bind
Tutor 02: Snore
Tutor 03: Knock Off
Tutor 04: Synthesis
Tutor 05: Heat Wave
Tutor 06: Role Play
Tutor 07: Heal Bell
Tutor 08: Tailwind
Tutor 09: Sky Attack
Tutor 10: Pain Split
Tutor 11: Giga Drain
Tutor 12: Drain Punch
Tutor 13: Air Cutter
Tutor 14: Seismic Toss
Tutor 15: Shock Wave
Tutor 16: Water Pulse

Source 4:
Tutor 01: Gastro Acid
Tutor 02: Worry Seed
Tutor 03: Spite
Tutor 04: AfterYou
Tutor 05: Helping Hand
Tutor 06: Trick
Tutor 07: Magic Room
Tutor 08: Wonder Room
Tutor 09: Endeavor
Tutor 10: Outrage
Tutor 11: Recycle
Tutor 12: Snatch
Tutor 13: Stealth Rock
Tutor 14: Sleep Talk
Tutor 15: Skill Swap

OH GOD YES! COME ON BATTLE FRONTIER, MEGA FLYGON AND MEGA MILOTIC (among others)! (Please let those be in the final product, Gamefreak!)

Also... Wait a minute... Isn't Sleep Talk a TM in X and Y? o_O TM 88 to be precise?

Interesting to see that hoopa undergained a type change to psychic/dark. All shiny mega/primal legendaries look great.

Several things:

Other than the attack's name, what proof do we have that this guy is related to Hoopa? He looks nothing remotely like Hoopa. Even the attack is completely different except the name: different Type, different power.... Am I missing something?
Maybe he's just another Legendary Pokémon, like Hoopa's ancient mentor or something. Lol

And these better not be all the Megas in the game. I need my Mega Seviper. If I don't get him so help me, I will Smash Bros. someone's face in.

Reggie McGigas said:
Also Mega Galie has the worst shiny change of all. It just changes eye color. That's literally it.
Same with normal Glalie. And Mega Audino.

Also, I saw this on the official Pokémon website:
Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region.
...eh?
HOENN'S PART OF KALOS, PEOPLE. NO NEED TO FLY THERE, JUST WALK.

Mega glalie looks like it ate 1,000,000 lemons in a row. Primal Groudon shiny looks awesome!:D

WHEN WILL THERE BE A MEGA DRAGONITE!!!!!!!

Auride said:
I'm very interested to see just how some of these megas preform! Most of them seem to have taken the right direction with things.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that Mega Audino is almost completely outclassed by Cresselia in terms of mixed-walling. It's lower speed (for Trick Room), better typing, and somewhat more diverse support movepool might give it an edge, but I don't think it will ever be worthwhile to sacrifice your mega slot just for your Trick Room setter. Oh well...

Camerupt may be my new favorite Trick Room sweeper. It's bulky, slow, and has an excellent movepool for doubles. Eruption and Earth Power are going to hurt coming off that base 145 Special Attack (and Sheer Force for Earth Power).

Camerupt needs to watch out for Azumarill still

Slurpuff gets Drain Punch! Belly Drum is even better on it now. Only resisted by Shedinja, Gengar, Aegislash, and Chandelure!

My favourite shiny would have to be camerupt - that glossy black works really well with the red and browns.

I have and always will hate Beedrill shinys - i really hate the choice of that green.

If only Hoopa could be hunted, I'd name it Chaos... you know after the Chaos in Sonic Adventures.

I like hoopas new design and groudon and kyogres shinys look cool too.
dragon descent does 120 and is supposed to be the strongest flying move but doesnt sky attack do 140?

A Drain Punch tutor? YES. It's just what Chesnaught needed! I don't know why they didn't give him that move in the first place, but whatever. inb4 he doesn't learn it

bbninjas said:
My favourite shiny would have to be camerupt - that glossy black works really well with the red and browns.

I have and always will hate Beedrill shinys - i really hate the choice of that green.

Beedrill is my favorite Shiny ever :( Otherwise, Mega Audino looks no different from Normal audino.

Edit: Mega Beedrill has the lowest stat on a mega, with a Special attack stat of 15. Oh, well!:D

I saw this post from another forum...
Apparently, there is 7 more item slots where the Mega stones are. There's potentially 7 more Megas.
Anyone can help me confirm this? I can't seem to find a source anywhere. :/
...or I may just be not looking hard enough? Dunno...

thegrovylekid said:

bbninjas said:

Beedrill is my favorite Shiny ever :( Otherwise, Mega Audino looks no different from Normal audino.

Edit: Mega Beedrill has the lowest stat on a mega, with a Special attack stat of 15. Oh, well!:D

I hope you mean shiny Mega Audino looks no different from normal Mega Audino.. because Mega Audino and normal Audino look extremely different ._.

The dump continues, and this time with the Hoopa Forme's height and weight...it's 21'04" and 1080.3 lbs. Source.

destinedjagold said:
I saw this post from another forum...
Apparently, there is 7 more item slots where the Mega stones are. There's potentially 7 more Megas.
Anyone can help me confirm this? I can't seem to find a source anywhere. :/
...or I may just be not looking hard enough? Dunno...
I've seen the list you're talking about and apparently it's incorrect.

This is what I could find regarding 7 more potential Mega Evolutions...
[# 752] [#Swampertite]
[# 753] [#Sceptilite]
[~ 754] [~Sableyite]
[~ 755] [?Beedrillite]
[~ 756] [~Galladite]
[~ 757] [?Pidgeotite]
[# 758] [#Metagrossite]
[~ 759] [Sharpedite]
[~ 760] [Slowbrotite]
[# 761] [#Steelixite]
[~ 762] [?Altaritite]
[# 763] [#Glalitite]
[~ 764] [?Lopunnite]
[~ 765] [?Audinite]
[~ 766] [?Diancite]
[~ 767] [~Cameruptite]
[~ 768]
[~ 769] [~Salamancite]
[~ 770]
[~ 771]
[~ 772]
[~ 773]
[~ 774]
[~ 775]
But this is what I found from the leakers' Pastebin dump...
NO MORE MEGA EVOLUTIONS - Mega Stone Index Numbers Dumped from Mega Evolution Map Files:
752 - 80 BP Fling 1/92 - Swampert
753 - 80 BP Fling 1/75 - Sceptile
754 - 80 BP Fling 1/8F - Sableye
755 - 80 BP Fling 1/7A - Altaria
756 - 80 BP Fling 1/6A - Gallade
757 - 80 BP Fling 1/78 - Audino
758 - 80 BP Fling 1/8D - Metagross
759 - 80 BP Fling 1/74 - Sharpedo
760 - 80 BP Fling 1/8E - Slowbro
761 - 80 BP Fling 1/7D - Steelix
762 - 80 BP Fling 1/82 - Pidgeot
763 - 80 BP Fling 1/6B - Glalie
764 - 80 BP Fling 1/7B - Diancie
765 - Key Item (Usable)/23 - Not a mega stone.
766 - Key Item /10 - Not a mega stone.
767 - 80 BP Fling 1/7E - Camerupt
768 - 80 BP Fling 1/8A - Lopunny
769 - 80 BP Fling 1/88 - Salamence
770 - 80 BP Fling 1/77 - Beedrill

Back