Mega Hoopa Uncovered in OR/AS Demo, Stats for Mega Evolutions [10/15]

Does this mean OR/AS are not completely official if they used demo data and did not use fresh data? If so why are they creating knock off versions and trying to make things look legitimate? Why are they basically cheating and not creating from scratch?:)

CMP said:
So, on second thought, could Mega Hoopa really just be a forme change? Evidently its base stats only increase by 80 (barring Alakazam, all other Mega Evolutions feature a 100 point increase), and since its design has such a drastic change (uncharacteristic of Mega Evolution) combined with the fact it keeps its ability (also uncharacteristic of Mega Evolution) and it has a new move, I'm not ruling out this being a forme change instead.

You're right. Next to the fact that keeping the ability is uncharacteristic, Magician is also not usable when the Pokémon holds a Mega Stone already. It's almost certainly an alternate form. WPM wrote something about it in the news story, too.

I'm very interested to see just how some of these megas preform! Most of them seem to have taken the right direction with things.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that Mega Audino is almost completely outclassed by Cresselia in terms of mixed-walling. It's lower speed (for Trick Room), better typing, and somewhat more diverse support movepool might give it an edge, but I don't think it will ever be worthwhile to sacrifice your mega slot just for your Trick Room setter. Oh well...

Camerupt may be my new favorite Trick Room sweeper. It's bulky, slow, and has an excellent movepool for doubles. Eruption and Earth Power are going to hurt coming off that base 145 Special Attack (and Sheer Force for Earth Power).

Kazepyro said:
Reggie McGigas said:
I thought that pokemon couldn't get much worse than mega mewtwo x. Boy was I wrong!

Shiny primals look great!

So no more megas left? Only mega hoopa? Shocker
I guess no more megas until the third version or sequel or whatever gamefreak has in mind for X/Y.

The thing is apparently missing Eon Flute, so there's still more

All egg moves as well.
There was also one for the locations, but the only interesting thing was that there's a place called the Battle Resort, but no Battle Frontier.
GameFreak really screwed up by keeping all this data in the demo.

xxashxx said:
Does this mean OR/AS are not completely official if they used demo data and did not use fresh data? If so why are they creating knock off versions and trying to make things look legitimate? Why are they basically cheating and not creating from scratch?:)

That is pretty much what a demo is: a stripped down knock off of the actual game so players can get a small taste of the actual game

Rayquazza doesn't learn its dragon attack by leveling up... Investing.

Move set changes i have noticed so far-
Gyrados gets Crunch at level 41
Kyogre gets Orgin Pulse at level 45
Groudon gets Percipe Blades at level 45

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Here are the location names. All the Kalos locations are there to show where they came from when you trade them over from XY. There's a new place in Hoenn called "Sea Mauville" (separate from New Mauville). I wonder what that's all about.

Are these yours?

Reggie McGigas said:
Are these yours?
Nope, I'm getting them from /vp/, and they're getting them from...whoever hacked into the ROM. I think that was the last of the important pastebins, at least it hope so. I need to sleep. ;_;

Good god this BETTER not be all of the new megas. Mega Altaria is VERY disappointing. =( Couldn't have had a little bit more SpAtk? I also Predict that Mega Sableye is going to go the way of Mega Garchomp, where everybody uses the normal with the hidden ability over the Mega.

It's going to be hard to chose for me which Mega I want to use between Salamence and Metagross for VGC. XD Mega Swampert is pretty damn good too though. =) As are most of them really...

so is there other megas in the game or is that it? If the demo is the ripped off the originals, shouldn't their data be present in the demo aswell? Am not too much knowledgeable on computer science so not sure how it works and all.

Reggie McGigas said:
Rayquazza doesn't learn its dragon attack by leveling up... Investing.

Move set changes i have noticed so far-
Groudon gets Percipe Blades at level 45

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Here are the location names. All the Kalos locations are there to show where they came from when you trade them over from XY. There's a new place in Hoenn called "Sea Mauville" (separate from New Mauville). I wonder what that's all about.

Are these yours?

Where are you getting that info from? Curious, because if Gyarados REALLY gets crunch that's AWESOME for Mega Gyarados. =)

I have noticed these moveset changes so far-

Treecko gets Absorb at level 5
Torchic gets Ember at level 5
Mudkip gets Water Gun at level 4
Mudkip gets Mud Slap at level 9
Groudon gets Perciphe Blades at level 45

Setosama said:
Where are you getting that info from? Curious, because if Gyarados REALLY gets curch that's AWESOME for Mega Gyarados. =)

Essentially, Game Freak screwed up and left in a lot of data for move sets and locations in the ORAS demo. Some guys got into the coding and found the info, and my posts earlier are pastebins of that info. WPM also posted the level up move sets in one of his updates on the front page.

Mismagius learns Delphox's Mystical Fire... just saw that

Anyway...
Some of these megas are total fails! Some have good stats like Beedrill, Diancie, Gallade, etc. but other are just... wtf?
Why did they only give a 10 point boost to Salamence and Metagross' Attack? Sure, they have better speed, but does that make up for the almost non-existent boost to their attack, no way to hold boosting items and therefore making their regular forms hit much harder than the Megas??? I know most megas hit a bit lower than their regular forms with a Life Orb, but seriously, a 10 point boost to their best offensive stat?
Why do Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre have a much higher boost to their weaker offensive stat than their stronger one? Why not put a boost to their weaker defensive stat?
Also, Sableye is pathetic... Gotta be the weakest Mega ever...
Also, if they were willing to lower an offensive stat to favour other stats, which they never did before, as they did now with Beedrill, why didn't they do the same for other Megas, even the ones in XY? It's another one of those things that makes me think why do they have a development team if they keep letting pass issues like these...

"Mega" Hoopa looks insteresting, weird design... But I doubt it's a Mega... no 100 point boost, completely different design, Magician and even learns a different move... It's most likely a form change... Rayquaza doesn't learn it's new signature move by level up (no ideia what their planning with that), so I went to check its mega learnset and no, there's no new move, so the fact this Hoopa has a new move kind rules out that it is a Mega...

I noticed that Mega Rayquaza has a catch rate of 45. They usually only do that with legendary Pokemon that you catch. This makes it seem like the "secret" behind Mega Rayquaza's Mega Evolution is that it can be triggered without a trainer. This also fits the little story they posted about how it first Mega Evolved in response to the two Primal legends fighting when people "cried out" to it.

I bet you bring Primal Groudon or Kyogre to wherever you find Rayquaza in the wild and then battle/capture it as a Mega.

Back