Mega Hoopa Uncovered in OR/AS Demo, Stats for Mega Evolutions [10/15]

King Xerneas said:
Ah that's right the flying bee with six wings isn't a flying type good job there Gamefreak. I mean it'll be viable with its high stats maybe even reaching UU, but maxing its defense will only extend its life by a turn. Also Talonflame is still a thing, so it could never be banned, much less be OU.

...oh, right... I forgot about Talonflame. That thing could definitely OHKO the poor Megabee... >.>

bidoofca$$$hmoney said:
scattered mind said:
Scyther - Egg moves
========
Count: 12
Counter
Baton Pass
Razor Wind
Reversal
Endure
Silver Wind
Bug Buzz
Night Slash
Defog
Steel Wing
Quick Guard

Yes! a move he could get only in gen 4.

Actually it was an egg move in X/Y too, you just had to transfer up a Gen 4 Scyther.

Right,I got confused I thought its now an egg move that you don't need a gen 4 Scyther :p

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Setosama said:
Where are you getting that info from? Curious, because if Gyarados REALLY gets curch that's AWESOME for Mega Gyarados. =)

Essentially, Game Freak screwed up and left in a lot of data for move sets and locations in the ORAS demo. Some guys got into the coding and found the info, and my posts earlier are pastebins of that info. WPM also posted the level up move sets in one of his updates on the front page.
The fact the Pokémon list only contains one Pokémon we didn't know about yet makes me think Gamefreak expected it to be hacked and used that to give fans some info on the base stats, shiny forms, and moves of the Pokémon. They may have purposely left some trace of Hoopa to let us speculate on what it was. Note that not all information of Hoopa was there and it's likely not a Mega Evolution. Unless the Mega Pokémon we have now are all the ones we're getting, I'm convinced it was intentional and not a screw up.

Seven is a Color said:
Why do the stage 2 and 3 evolutions of the Hoenn starters only have 4 level up moves, that they learn at level 1? ; - ;
They're usable in the demo with only 4 moves. It might also be a way to hide their new signature moves, if they're getting them. Sceptile shooting its tail still looked like a new attack to me.

HOLY CRAP

Im overwhelmed by all the data.

---MEGA EVOLUTIONS
stats, nice, most fo them got what I wanted/predicted for them.

I was sure Beedrill cant be saved, but dropping its sp.atk 45->15 certainly helps LOOOL
Now we know speeds not the only thing they would drop for these cases

Altaria is kinda odd, cosnidering it's highest stat sp.def is left untouched while everything else surpasses it XD

Sableye (sp.atk boost my ass, the deascriptions are still misleading as we see)

Slowbro. dear lord. a +70 boost in a mega is possible too then (previous maximum we saw was 50 or 60)

Pidgeot. a +65 sp.atk boost??? guess I really was not the only person always wishing it would have been the sp.atk bird to be unique amongst the rest

Gallade. 110 speed. THIS IS ALL I NEEDED TO KNOW.
I breed my shiny Ralts with the hops it's speed would be higher than 100. 110 is perfect.
Also, no useless sp.atk boost...not even a sp.def boost either!
All the rest of boosts go to Atk and its utterly useless def, making it okay 65->95.

Salamence/metagross got overall boosts, nothing too big, which is to be expected for pseudo-legends by now, so that's fine.

Sharpedos mega stats are meh, but hey, it starts off with speed boost xD

Camerupt. that speed drop! ;D Happy to see it's physical attack rise too.

-----MOVE TUTORS ARE BACK
hell yeah!

Hyper voice for all my Kalosborn mons that needed it!
Magic coat for my Milotic once again :3
Heal bell!

damn, knock off and stealth rock are back xDDDDd

Florges gets synthesis

Also, apparently, Rotom gets Foul Play now XD!

----TM 94 is not rock smash

I guess it's secret power, as all pokemon seem to be able to learn it

----NEW MOVES

wow, did gamefreak leave everything in this demo??? xDD

So far I noticed:

crobat
-quick guard

vileplume/bellossom
-moonblast (HOORAAAAAY, I had dazzling gleam in mind for mine xD)

sceptile
-quick guard (which is awesome cosnidering everyones reaction to it was "meh its talonflame fodder")

shfitry
-leaf blade
-hurricane (FINALLYYYY)

sharpedo
-poison fang (lol)

flygon
-boomburst
-bug buzz
(both via Vibrava, nice!)

cacturne
-spiky shield (hah!)

crawdaunt
-razor shell

castform
-hurrican (flying forme pls? xD)

milotic
-coil
-dragon tail
-disarming voice

gallade
-wide guard
-quick gaurd
(oh god it needs 10 moveslots already, way too many fun tools *-*)
ralts
-draining kiss (cute xD)

gyarados
-crunch (DAFUQ, where was this in XY?? xDDD)

Mismagius
-mystical fire (oh wooooow <3, I wanna breed one now)

delphox
-dazzling gleam

accelgor
-water shuriken (ninjaaa)

sableye
-quash (that sounds interesting for its non-mega with prankster O:)

Rayquaza doesnt learn dragon ascent...guess it's quest/story/tutor kind of thing O:

Also, Dragon Ascent has a removed effect...I'm betting it's "causes Dragon type damage in addition to Flying"

---- A BATTLE RESORT CONFIRMED APPARENTLY

oh god I never saw this stuff coming from a small silly demo XD

Metalizard said:
Anyway...
Some of these megas are total fails! Some have good stats like Beedrill, Diancie, Gallade, etc. but other are just... wtf?
Why did they only give a 10 point boost to Salamence and Metagross' Attack? Sure, they have better speed, but does that make up for the almost non-existent boost to their attack, no way to hold boosting items and therefore making their regular forms hit much harder than the Megas??? I know most megas hit a bit lower than their regular forms with a Life Orb, but seriously, a 10 point boost to their best offensive stat?
Are you freaking kidding me? Metagross and Salamence (and Swampert) are some of the best megas in existence. They are ridiculously OP. Ultra power with crazy speed and defences! Mega Metagross has +10 Base Attack and a 30% boost to contact moves (same boost as Life Orb), but it doesn't lose HP, it feaking gains bulk. Mega Metagross is insanely OP...

Personally, I love Hoopa's new form. At first, when I say the picture (without even reading the headline of the story), I thought it was some sort of flamboyant brother that the regis had or something xD I like its design because, to me, it was way unexpected to see such a drastical form change, but at the same time it's so intrinsic to the original design (my guess on Hoopa's design is that it's based on Siddhartha Gautama, and that the form change is based on Vishnu or something...), and that's quite amazing.

Teal said:
Metalizard said:
Anyway...
Some of these megas are total fails! Some have good stats like Beedrill, Diancie, Gallade, etc. but other are just... wtf?
Why did they only give a 10 point boost to Salamence and Metagross' Attack? Sure, they have better speed, but does that make up for the almost non-existent boost to their attack, no way to hold boosting items and therefore making their regular forms hit much harder than the Megas??? I know most megas hit a bit lower than their regular forms with a Life Orb, but seriously, a 10 point boost to their best offensive stat?
Are you freaking kidding me? Metagross and Salamence (and Swampert) are some of the best megas in existence. They are ridiculously OP. Ultra power with crazy speed and defences! Mega Metagross has +10 Base Attack and a 30% boost to contact moves (same boost as Life Orb), but it doesn't lose HP, it feaking gains bulk. Mega Metagross is insanely OP...

Not to mention that Mega Salemence gains very strong STAB moves with Aerilate and a 30% boost on those as well.

I think that Mega Salamence is going to be a beast, just look at those stats, the ability and his movepool.
He only lacks a priority move but I guess that would make him just too strong. :p

What the ACTUAL HELL is that Hoopa thing? It looks like something from Dragon Quest...

don()shinobi said:
What the ACTUAL HELL is that Hoopa thing? It looks like something from Dragon Quest...

This is why I dislike visual low quality leaks (in other words images of stuff not in its intended context)

People see them and think they're looking at the official sugimori art or something lol

Found the full list to anyone who can't find it: (There will be 4 move tutors)

SOURCE 1:
Tutor 01: Bug Bite
Tutor 02: Covet
Tutor 03: Super Fang
Tutor 04: Dual Chop
Tutor 05: Signal Beam
Tutor 06: Iron Head
Tutor 07: Seed Bomb
Tutor 08: Drill Run
Tutor 09: Bounce
Tutor 10: Low Kick
Tutor 11: Gunk Shot
Tutor 12: Uproar
Tutor 13: Thunder Punch
Tutor 14: Fire Punch
Tutor 15: Ice Punch

SOURCE 2:
Tutor 01: Magic Coat
Tutor 02: Block
Tutor 03: Earth Power
Tutor 04: Foul Play
Tutor 05: Gravity
Tutor 06: Magnet Rise
Tutor 07: Iron Defense
Tutor 08: Last Resort
Tutor 09: Superpower
Tutor 10: Electroweb
Tutor 11: Icy Wind
Tutor 12: Aqua Tail
Tutor 13: Dark Pulse
Tutor 14: Zen Headbutt
Tutor 15: Dragon Pulse
Tutor 16: Hyper Voice
Tutor 17: Iron Tail

Source 3:
Tutor 01: Bind
Tutor 02: Snore
Tutor 03: Knock Off
Tutor 04: Synthesis
Tutor 05: Heat Wave
Tutor 06: Role Play
Tutor 07: Heal Bell
Tutor 08: Tailwind
Tutor 09: Sky Attack
Tutor 10: Pain Split
Tutor 11: Giga Drain
Tutor 12: Drain Punch
Tutor 13: Air Cutter
Tutor 14: Seismic Toss
Tutor 15: Shock Wave
Tutor 16: Water Pulse

Source 4:
Tutor 01: Gastro Acid
Tutor 02: Worry Seed
Tutor 03: Spite
Tutor 04: AfterYou
Tutor 05: Helping Hand
Tutor 06: Trick
Tutor 07: Magic Room
Tutor 08: Wonder Room
Tutor 09: Endeavor
Tutor 10: Outrage
Tutor 11: Recycle
Tutor 12: Snatch
Tutor 13: Stealth Rock
Tutor 14: Sleep Talk
Tutor 15: Skill Swap

Mitja said:
don()shinobi said:

This is why I dislike visual low quality leaks (in other words images of stuff not in its intended context)

People see them and think they're looking at the official sugimori art or something lol
it still looks like something from Dragon Quest :V

So all this info has come from the demo?
I assumed they created extra stuff for that purpose... so how exactly can we know all this?
Could someone enlighten me? I'm not complaining of course but I'm really curious as to why something like this will happen... unless Drohn is rigth and they did it on purpose...

Kinda boring how all the shiny legendaries go black. While it does look nice it kinda takes away from the variety.

don()shinobi said:
Mitja said:

it still looks like something from Dragon Quest :V

For all we know, you might say the same thing to this kind of ripped model of ANY pokemon if you didn't know it beforehand though.

I mean you're not even being specific as to why it looks like something from dragon quest.

mega-metagross.png

does this look like something from dragon quest? why? why not? xD

Back