Mega Hoopa Uncovered in OR/AS Demo, Stats for Mega Evolutions [10/15]

Seven is a Color said:
Why do the stage 2 and 3 evolutions of the Hoenn starters only have 4 level up moves, that they learn at level 1? ; - ;
I had noticed that too. Also, Hoopa doesn't really strike me as Psychic/Dark. Actually it looks even MORE ghost-like in this new form.. Are we SURE he gets a type change? Also, I really hope we get a few more megas.. It'd be weird not to. I mean, they didn't reveal EVERY new mega for X and Y. We got to discover some on our own. There better be more.

Mega Evolution is destroying pokemon and if correct, here is the latest example, mega hoopa. The TCG sets will be messed up soon, unless they decide to call it quits with mega evolution in TCG.

AdamLambert said:
Seven is a Color said:
Why do the stage 2 and 3 evolutions of the Hoenn starters only have 4 level up moves, that they learn at level 1? ; - ;
I had noticed that too. Also, Hoopa doesn't really strike me as Psychic/Dark. Actually it looks even MORE ghost-like in this new form.. Are we SURE he gets a type change? Also, I really hope we get a few more megas.. It'd be weird not to. I mean, they didn't reveal EVERY new mega for X and Y. We got to discover some on our own. There better be more.

You're given a starter at the beginning of the demo, right? If so, that could be one of the few things GameFreak twitched from the full games.

Reggie McGigas said:
xxashxx said:
Does this mean OR/AS are not completely official if they used demo data and did not use fresh data? If so why are they creating knock off versions and trying to make things look legitimate? Why are they basically cheating and not creating from scratch?:)

That is pretty much what a demo is: a stripped down knock off of the actual game so players can get a small taste of the actual game

Oh yeah right duh. I thought they were taking parts from the demo and adding it to the new games and I thought the new games themselves would be fakes. I got it backwards XD.:)

"Mega" Hoopa frightens me. Definitely not one of my favorites. Gives me that Yu-Gi-Oh vibe. Wouldnt it be a twist if it was an actual legitimate evolution? The design is just too drastic of a change to be a Mega, it looks nothing like Hoopa at all to me except for maybe color. That or a form.

I really hope those arent the rest of the Megas for OR/AS, we still need to have Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic.

Froslass gets Draining Kiss and Lopunny gets Hi Jump Kick Now. :)

EDIT: Will add any other moves I find via this edit.
Maractus gets Spiky Shield.
Accelgor gets Water Shuriken.
Mismagius gets Mystical Fire.
Cacturne gets Spiky Shield.
Salamence learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Shiftry gets Hurricane.
Slaking learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Exploud learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Sableye gets Quash.
Medicham gets Counter and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Illumise gets Play Rough. (assuming Volbeat gets something also but it seems to have an incomplete listing)
Plusle gets Bestow and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Minun gets Switcheroo and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Sharpedo gets Poison Fang.
Grumpig gets Teeter Dance.
Flygon gets Dragon Rush.
Zangoose gets Hone Claws (already had it as a TM but now is a level-up move).
Crawdaunt gets Razor Shell and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Claydol gets Imprison and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Cradily gets Giga Drain and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Armaldo gets Smack Down (was a TM already though) and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Milotic gets Coil and learns his moves at a generally lower level.
Castform gets Hurricane.
Banette gets Phantom Force.
Glalie gets Frost Breath.
Huntail gets Coil.
Gorebyss gets Coil.
Gallade gets Wide Guard.

Reggie McGigas said:
I have noticed these moveset changes so far-

Gyrados gets Crunch at level 41
Treecko gets Absorb at level 5
Torchic gets Ember at level 5
Mudkip gets Water Gun at level 4
Mudkip gets Mud Slap at level 9
Kyogre gets Orgin Pulse at level 45
Groudon gets Perciphe Blades at level 45

They are probably still working on some Pokemon. They almost always wait until the last minute before everything is released. Remember when a lot of us including me thought Raichu was going to be a Mega evolution? It never happened util after I checked Raichu and wondered why he would not mega evolve.:)

Here's what I want to know. If Hoopa is revealed in ORAS, does that make him a Kalos Pokemon or what? We've never gotten a new Pokemon, let alone a new legendary Pokemon in a remake.. this is so confusing ;-;

AdamLambert said:
Here's what I want to know. If Hoopa is revealed in ORAS, does that make him a Kalos Pokemon or what? We've never gotten a new Pokemon, let alone a new legendary Pokemon in a remake.. this is so confusing ;-;

Deoxys was first found in FRLG.

Bolt the Cat said:
AdamLambert said:

Deoxys was first found in FRLG.

Really..? Huh.. Figures those are the 2 games I don't have lol

GAH! I really don't like Mega Hoopa... It looks worse than Sharpedo did when it was first revealed/first glance. Aaww. No Flygon. I do hope that is not all the megas...

Scyther - Egg moves
========
Count: 12
Counter
Baton Pass
Razor Wind
Reversal
Endure
Silver Wind
Bug Buzz
Night Slash
Defog
Steel Wing
Quick Guard

Yes! a move he could get only in gen 4.

BassoonBro said:
Not sure if this was previously talked about but is Mega Glalie type really Ice/Ice?

Glalie is confirmed double Ice type

I hope Sceptile get's some decent dragon moves to abuse that special attack stat and that pretty nice attack stat too. My baby went and became a mixed sweeper

BassoonBro said:
Not sure if this was previously talked about but is Mega Glalie type really Ice/Ice?

xayshade said:
Glalie is confirmed double Ice type

Usually, in Pokémon, if a 'mon only has one type, then the coders would simply put the same type on its second type slot. Like Eevee, it's a single-typed 'mon with Normal, so its second type is also Normal, but the game automatically displays only one type icon.

Anyway, Mega looks freakingly fugly! >.>
ANd I'm happy about Mega Beedrill having a very nice base Atk and Speed. I wonder if Smogon will ban the bee, though. :/

destinedjagold said:
ANd I'm happy about Mega Beedrill having a very nice base Atk and Speed. I wonder if Smogon will ban the bee, though. :/

It's insanely frail. An ice shard would easily KO it, really any priority could KO it.

King Xerneas said:
destinedjagold said:

It's insanely frail. An ice shard would easily KO it, really any priority could KO it.

Why would an Ice Shard kill it? Beedrill's a Bug/Poison and last I checked, neither types are weak to ice. :/
But then again, yeah, it's frail, but still, I wanna try it out when I get my hands on it. Maybe max its Def or something. Meh~

scattered mind said:
Scyther - Egg moves
========
Count: 12
Counter
Baton Pass
Razor Wind
Reversal
Endure
Silver Wind
Bug Buzz
Night Slash
Defog
Steel Wing
Quick Guard

Yes! a move he could get only in gen 4.

Actually it was an egg move in X/Y too, you just had to transfer up a Gen 4 Scyther.

destinedjagold said:
King Xerneas said:

Why would an Ice Shard kill it? Beedrill's a Bug/Poison and last I checked, neither types are weak to ice. :/
But then again, yeah, it's frail, but still, I wanna try it out when I get my hands on it. Maybe max its Def or something. Meh~

Ah that's right the flying bee with six wings isn't a flying type good job there Gamefreak. I mean it'll be viable with its high stats maybe even reaching UU, but maxing its defense will only extend its life by a turn. Also Talonflame is still a thing, so it could never be banned, much less be OU.

Back