Massive Stock of 5000x Unseen Forces Gold Stars Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

uyi60123

Aspiring Trainer
Someone posted this on Reddit's /r/pkmntcgtrades today, and then decided to remove it, probably because people told him it was a bad idea to make it known how many he has. Luckily I downloaded the video in case that happened.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/xu2koBx2Nqc[/video]

How is it possible that this many exist uncirculated?

If those are legit, it's safe to say he has "connections". People have done a good job keeping quiet about this.

I never even pulled ONE gold star and this guy is just over here with binders full

I wonder where that guy's from. His accent sounds very Dutch and the shipping costs he lists match as well. No country has insane prices for shipping like we do.

Interesting!

Patriots Fan said:
If those are legit, it's safe to say he has "connections". People have done a good job keeping quiet about this.

Either way he could be in trouble

is it

A) someone stole a whole lot of cards worth tens of thousands on the secondary market or
B) someone forged a whole lot of cards worth tens of thousands on the secondary market

My guess is he was asked "How effing stupid are you?" we do not want TPCi to know about this. A full sheet of cards about 100 cards if I remember correctly. So if Gold Star cards are all printed together, the roughly 50 sheets disappeared. But in the past it seemed like there was so many plates per set and that was how they fixed the ratios, if that is still the case then 5000 sheets walked out the door?

omahanime said:
Patriots Fan said:

is it

A) someone stole a whole lot of cards worth tens of thousands on the secondary market or
B) someone forged a whole lot of cards worth tens of thousands on the secondary market

My guess is he was asked "How effing stupid are you?" we do not want TPCi to know about this. A full sheet of cards about 100 cards if I remember correctly. So if Gold Star cards are all printed together, the roughly 50 sheets disappeared. But in the past it seemed like there was so many plates per set and that was how they fixed the ratios, if that is still the case then 5000 sheets walked out the door?

Well, if an employee (or employees) sold him these, wouldn't they be in trouble, and not him? He'd probably just be asked to return them. Also, now that I thought it over a bit, it's highly unlikely anyone would take the time to forge and organize so many fake cards.

Patriots Fan said:
omahanime said:

is it

Well, if an employee (or employees) sold him these, wouldn't they be in trouble, and not him? He'd probably just be asked to return them.

That could be, but the case could be made he is an accomplice.

Patriots Fan said:
Also, now that I thought it over a bit, it's highly unlikely anyone would take the time to forge and organize so many fake cards.
To me that is the fact that points to fraud.

DA HECK MAN

I never got my hands on nor saw the unseen forces gold star entei and here's this guy with a binder full of em.

Huh, interesting. Definitely agree that there's no way it would be worth it to fake all those, which leaves us with more interesting possibilities, likely some kind of fraud and/or company connections.

Frost Mage said:
Seriously, if this is legit, why would you post this?

Well, that would be why he decided to remove the video, eh? :p Probably didn't realize how big of a deal it was until he started getting some feedback and then began backtracking.

Egos always get in the way of doing the smart thing. I'm sure, had he just sold them quietly (and slowly) over time, things wouldn't have blown up as they did. But nope, he figured he could brag a little bit about his "collection," however fraudulent it might be.

I forgot how much he was originally asking for each of them, but evidently it was more than they usually go for on eBay, too -- and that's before the outrageously high shipping+tracking costs (he wouldn't ship without tracking). Not interested in the cards, but I'd rather buy from a seller on eBay who acquired the cards in a legitimate fashion with free (or close enough to), shipping

CMP said:
Egos always get in the way of doing the smart thing. I'm sure, had he just sold them quietly (and slowly) over time, things wouldn't have blown up as they did. But nope, he figured he could brag a little bit about his "collection," however fraudulent it might be.

I forgot how much he was originally asking for each of them, but evidently it was more than they usually go for on eBay, too -- and that's before the outrageously high shipping+tracking costs (he wouldn't ship without tracking). Not interested in the cards, but I'd rather buy from a seller on eBay who acquired the cards in a legitimate fashion with free (or close enough to), shipping

He was asking 35$ each, but was giving discounts for bulk orders.

Ivysaurman said:
CMP said:

More competitive than I had assumed given some comments, but still, with an additional 35 for worldwide shipping/tracking, plus the dubious manner in which the cards were obtained -- no thank you, not worth it.

Ivysaurman said:

Athena said:
Huh, interesting. Definitely agree that there's no way it would be worth it to fake all those, which leaves us with more interesting possibilities, likely some kind of fraud and/or company connections.

It wouldn't be worth $175,000 to fake those cards( not counting shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back