Massive Stock of 5000x Unseen Forces Gold Stars Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...if that's legit (and I doubt it is) then that is something. But to go through all of that effort...again, wow, though I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

He was asking $35 for shipping but that wasn't per card, it was no matter how many you ordered. So you could buy 10 at $32.50 each and pay $35 shipping, averaging out to $36 each. Not bad but he could have done better by listing them Buy-It-Now on eBay several dollars under the average price and quietly sell them.

FIVE... THOUSAND... GOLD UNSEEN FORCES... CARDS...?!?!?! >_<

I... spent... 400$ on an Unseen Forces booster box... and didn't get my gold star...

however he got it... I hate him. Just out of sheer jealously and no better reason. >_>

sigh.

I wish I bought the boxes when this set came out. I wouldn't hate him as much if I did. :B

He certainly didn't get these out of boxes so there's no reason to be jealous.

uyi60123 said:
Someone posted this on Reddit's /r/pkmntcgtrades today, and then decided to remove it, probably because people told him it was a bad idea to make it known how many he has. Luckily I downloaded the video in case that happened.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/xu2koBx2Nqc[/video]

How is it possible that this many exist uncirculated?

These are definitely fake, nobody is stupid enough to post a video of 5000 real expensive cards, Pokémon would do something about it.

WhatsAUsername? said:
These are definitely fake, nobody is stupid enough to post a video of 5000 real expensive cards, Pokémon would do something about it.

Probably not. They didn't do anything when all those uncut sheets of Mewtwo and Regigigas ex FA were revealed.

WhatsAUsername? said:
uyi60123 said:
Someone posted this on Reddit's /r/pkmntcgtrades today, and then decided to remove it, probably because people told him it was a bad idea to make it known how many he has. Luckily I downloaded the video in case that happened.

How is it possible that this many exist uncirculated?

If these are fake why would you make 5000, and why only those cards, it doesnt make any sense. If you could fake that many cards and make them look legit enough to sell then you're better off making fakes of Charizards* and Rayquaza* considering those sell for 3-4x the price as these ones.

On a side note, I'm kinda miffed about this whole thing, Entei* is the only gold star card I own and now its value is going to plummet :(

Like I've said before... no one is going to take the time to counterfeit 5000 cards, get enough binders and plastic holders for them, and organize them in said binders one at a time. It's alot of time, even if someone helps you through the process.

It was definitely an inside job, someone hooked him up straight from the source of these cards.

I find it easier to believe someone would counterfeit that many cards, than the printers security and accounting is so horrible that 5000 can walk out the door.

Familiar said:
I find it easier to believe someone would counterfeit that many cards, than the printers security and accounting is so horrible that 5000 can walk out the door.

People do alot of things for $$$. If these were stolen, I doubt it would've been kept secret all this time. He probably bribed someone, or knows someone who works at the factory and they hooked him up with these.

Patriots Fan said:
People do alot of things for $$$. If these were stolen, I doubt it would've been kept secret all this time. He probably bribed someone, or knows someone who works at the factory and they hooked him up with these.

I do not understand exactly how you think they acquired them?

ForeignDude said:
WhatsAUsername? said:

Probably not. They didn't do anything when all those uncut sheets of Mewtwo and Regigigas ex FA were revealed.

Uncut sheets of pokemon ex fa? I'd like to see the pictures/video please.

I have a feeling that he worked at a pokemon card factory and borrowed some of the inventory.

How many of that card was made? Even if 100,000 were made(which I doubt it's that high) he would have 5% of them.

Reggie McGigas said:
ForeignDude said:

I have a feeling that he worked at a pokemon card factory and borrowed some of the inventory.

Yay for Faceboook saving your history!

Here's what I found.

http://imgur.com/a/hfy8V#37FlO

omahanime said:
Patriots Fan said:

I do not understand exactly how you think they acquired them?

Honestly, there're several possibilities here. Maybe he knows someone who worked at a TPCi factory, and paid them to make these "disappear". He could've worked there himself, maybe even still works at the factory, and was able to secure all of these for himself. He might've also bought these from an employee or ex-employee of the Pokemon Co, who happened to be holding on to 5000 gold star cards.

There's no way to be sure though, unless you pay the guy to tell you lol.

ForeignDude said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Here's what I found.

That's amazing. It shows us how pokemon cards are made! I wonder if any are for sale....

Reggie McGigas said:
ForeignDude said:

Here's what I found.

That's amazing. It shows us how pokemon cards are made! I wonder if any are for sale....
If I've got the story correct, these were taken from the trash. They've already been sold. And whether or not it left that persons possession I have no idea cause it was just some silly controversy at that time. Either way I'm pretty sure neither of the potential owners would sell for a cheap price. They'll probably be talking in terms of No.1, 2 or 3 trophy cards or something.

So yeah if anything, I would have assumed that would have attracted Pokemon's attention since maybe it wasn't properly disposed off of. But regarding the gold stars, it looks like they were from pre-production so nobody seems to be willing to shell out the details yet.

So that's what my Pokemon cards are really made of huh... I mean... I already knew they were just cardboard and foil but seeing that makes me look at them at a whole new light... just a glorified piece of paper... knowing that I'm still probably gonna spend a lot of money of certain cards when they come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back