Manga or Anime sries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind don't mind either. Manga is usually easier to read and has superior stories (Like in the case of Detective Conan). However with manga you don't grasp the scene fully until you see it with animation and that perfect music playing. For people with great imagination manga is usually equivalent to the anime.

Overall, manga generally rules in my book(ha...ha...pun intended)...

Anyways...0_o"

-Manga generally has better art, at least in Pokemon and Sgt. Frog's case. Also, like Zenith said, you can read the episode in five minutes, instead of waiting for stuff to happen. Manga artists generally add better detail and a greater idea of size and porportion. For instance, Mine Yokozaki does a great job of making realistic head and eye size, compared to other artists. In the anime, the eyes are HUGE, and the heads are wider than the girl's waist.

-Sure, the anime is free, but also anime online can also leave you with chances of getting spam and viruses. Also, manga's can give you like...fifteen episodes, with only $10 out of your pocket(if your american and going to the right place), that means your only paying $0.66 for each chapter. Your not going to go broke....

-Another point, mainly for artists, is that it is a lot easier to free-hand images from a manga, rather than an anime. The images are not only stood still, but also have plain dark lines, giving you good inking tips, just by free-handing them.

-Also, is that generally it is easier for someone to grapple dramitic speech in the manga by reading it, rather than hearing it.
"I did this for you!" Sounds a lot better read, than said.

Don't believe me? Watch the Pokemon anime.

Yet ANOTHER piont is that manga is made into anime. Anime wouldn't exist without manga. You wouldn't exist without your parents hav-never mind.

Please, don't revive threads that are older than 2 weeks.

I will leave this open for further discussion.

When it comes to pokemon, the manga is generally better. I like the Pokemon Adventures. They generally add more humor into it and such...

Plus, manga teaches you a new school(For English-readers) reading a book, which for us, is like reading a book backwards...

Heh, I wouldn't say generally better for pokemon... the manga IMO beats the anime hands down (I've stopped watching the anime on a regular basis since GSC, but I've faithfully followed pokespe since 2004). In fact I just read the second chapter of pokespe BW and team plasma was awesome. Look forward to seeing how they 'battle' with their "not trainers" philosophy.

Both. Reading manga is great because the stories are way ahead compared to anime. But on the other hand, anime provides movements and the actions which is great for series like Bleach, Naruto etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back