Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
The town had one chance to avoid defeat and he just notified me he was quitting. Because there are no substitutes remaining and the game would be over by the time one would conceivably be found, I am putting the town out of its misery and calling this game in favor of the scum.

Winners: bbninjas, Camoclone, Keeper of Night (rip), Professor Palutena, Reinforce

Thanks to those of you who stuck around. Postgame should be finished in a day or two, possibly even later today.

GG scum. You really deserved that.

Town (most notably Jesi, but quaking and I as well) played awfully this game and we need to step it up. Don't just follow the experienced players. Don't get apathetic when someone's nearing a lynch. Don't trust a claim instantly because you can prove its ability. And so on.

ngl, when I subbed in and saw the scum team, I felt that we had this in the bag.

Thanks for hosting PMJ! This was a really fun setup.

One of the dead guys want to link the graveyard chat?

Waitwaitwaitwait...
Hold on...
BB won? Was he scum? I'm really confused. Who quit? How did... what...
*reads graveyard and scum chat*
...I got played so hard. Gotta say I like the "Jesicide" stuff, though. That's hilarious.
Anyways, good game! It's sad to see this had to end this way, and I'll admit I played horribly. I don't even know what happened to make me play so badly. Looks like it's time for me to quickly get things ready for my game. It won't be up tonight, but hopefully sometime within three days. There's just some things to do to the OP and the banner. Hopefully you guys will come and play! ^v^

Also, I hope people realize that what Mia did by outing the scum team like that is an action that can potentially have catastrophic consequences to the integrity of the game.

It didn't matter this time, but the fact that it could have is enough for a cause for alarm. Please, everyone, don't do this in the future!

Anyways, @PikaMasterJesi I hope you use this game as a big learning experience for you. You got played really hard and I hope it teaches you why you can't be so quick to trust in Mafia.

Props to @bbninjas for leading this entire game of sheep and pretty much bossing the scum (and pretty much the town) around. Love ya bud!

I hate playing as scum. I personally think I played awful, and if it wasn't for the major influence of our scum team, I probably would've got lynched very early on. To be honest, I thought @Celever had me on Day 2 and was pretty surprised I got out of it. With the number of Day 2s he pressures me, you would think I'd be used to it by now! xD

Tbh, I think @PikaMasterJesi played well for her second game and with her lack of experience in mind, I don't really think you can blame her for trusting me in those circumstances. :p Nevertheless, Jesi, don't feel dishearted - this game is just a big learning experience for you. By the way, I did try to give as legitimate advice as I could in the QT, so don't just disregard it all because I was scum. :p

As for the town in general, I think the biggest lesson that can be learnt is to be confident in your own skills. If you believe someone is scum, find some evidence and push it. If it's good evidence, it'll stick around, and if it's not, it won't (like my case on King X). Don't get tunnel vision, and you'll be fine.

Props to @bbninjas for leading this entire game of sheep and pretty much bossing the scum (and pretty much the town) around. Love ya bud!
I did feel like I bossed you around a lot in the scumchat, so sorry about that. :/ No hard feelings?

As for the game and the hosting, it was quite enjoyable! The roles were fun with twists and turns, and the right amount of town tricks, and I especially like how my role was crafted in a way that it could be translated into a safeclaim. Looking forward to the next game!

GG. Bb you really played Jesi well.
It nice that someone remembered what I did in AntiArceus. The good all days.
My guts was right on Camo but didnt expect to have that scum team

I am really disappointed of myself. I really thought bb is scum, and I had some evidence about him Camo and PP. However, it was so WIFOMy and crazy. Like a really genius evil plan that I thought to myself "no.. no way, it is never that complicated, and I will just make a fool out myself"- turns out I was right: It was a really genius evil plan lol . I really need to gain confident in this game..

Town really didn't play too well this game. The players actually thinking things through and getting good reads never really spoke up, which could have altered the outcome of the game drastically. The scum took great advantage of this fact. They also did a great job at eliminating threats. The game definitely belongs to the scum team, in all regards.

Without access to the master doc, quickly glancing over the roles I can find, I feel that the scum's roles were quite overpowered, but I'll have to take another look when I have easier access to the rest of the roles.

From the dead chat:

PMJ said:
Yeah, the town needs to stop being apathetic and start looking back for connections between players or posts.
Yes, this. While it is definitely more difficult when the only scum who died was in N1, we could have been pinned. I was going to use the vote counts to my advantage this last phase, but I scrapped that idea pretty quickly:
Day 1 Final Vote Count

mordacazir: 1 (Card Effect)
Squirtle Squad: 0 (PikaMasterJesi)
PikaMasterJesi: 0 (thegrovylekid quakingpunch73 Camoclone Jabberwock quakingpunch73 ExcalAura4D mordacazir Camoclone)
TheFlyingPidove: 1 (quakingpunch73 quakingpunch73 TheFlyingPidove)
thegrovylekid: 1 (PikaMasterJesi Luispipe8 bbninjas)
quakingpunch73: 11 (PikaMasterJesi simsands, Squirtle Squad, Celever, PikaMasterJesi Camoclone, scattered mind, thegrovylekid, Jabberwock, quakingpunch73, Vom ExcalAura4D, Reinforce, Keeper of Night) LYNCHED
Vom: 0 (double o squirtle Celever)
bbninjas: 0 (scattered mind)
Keeper of Night: 0 (PikaMasterJesi Reinforce)
Celever: 0 (scattered mind)
Jabberwock: 0 (PikaMasterJesi)
scattered mind: 0 (bbninjas)
ExcalAura4D: 0 (PikaMasterJesi PikaMasterJesi scattered mind Camoclone)

Not voting: 7 (PikaMasterJesi, double o squirtle, King Xerneas, Luispipe8, Miyami~~, mordacazir, Vom)

Day 2 Final Vote Count

mordacazir: 1 (FP Effect thegrovylekid)
bbninjas: 0 (King Xerneas Celever mordacazir)
Reinforce: 0 (Celever)
thegrovylekid: 7 (scattered mind, Celever, bbninjas, Squirtle Squad Squirtle Squad, King Xerneas, PikaMasterJesi, GM DracLord) L-2
King Xerneas: 0 (bbninjas)
scattered mind: 4 (Professor Palutena, Camoclone PikaMasterJesi thegrovylekid, Camoclone, King Xerneas Luispipe8)

Not voting: 6 (double o squirtle, Reinforce, Jabberwock, homeofmew, mordacazir, Vom)

Day 3 Final Vote Count

scattered mind: 0 (Camoclone bbninjas Luispipe8 PikaMasterJesi)
Squirtle Squad: 7 (Jabberwock, bbninjas, Reinforce, PikaMasterJesi, NinjaPenguin, scattered mind, Luispipe8, mordacazir)
bbninjas: 1 (Squirtle Squad)
PikaMasterJesi: 2 (GM DracLord, scattered mind Professor Palutena)
GM DracLord: 1 (Camoclone)

Not voting: 3 (King Xerneas, HOY, Vom)

Day 4 Final Vote Count

mordacazir: 4 (FP Effect, scattered mind, PikaMasterJesi Luispipe8 GM DracLord, Vom)
scattered mind: 0 (Jabberwock)
PikaMasterJesi: 4 (Professor Palutena, Luispipe8, Vom Camoclone)
GM DracLord: 2 (NinjaPenguin, bbninjas, Jabberwock)
Professor Palutena: 0 (Camoclone)
NinjaPenguin: 1 (GM DracLord)

Not voting: 4 (PikaMasterJesi, Reinforce, mordacazir)

simsands said:
and if you're revealed, those townies will be next on the suspect list.
Adding a bit to above, this is what should happen in theory, but it doesn't actually happen much atm especially late game when more information is available, which sucks.

Celever said:
bbninjas (when we're both town, scum kill him first. Always. If this trend has changed I will legit be sad lol)
lol

PMJ said:
I'm surprised they didn't use the Clefairy Doll. They didn't even mention it. I hope they haven't forgotten about it. :<
I'm quite glad we didn't use Clefairy Doll, actually. I liked having that "can't be blocked, watch, tracked, anything'd" Ability. :U

PMJ said:
NinjaPenguin is contributing and posting regularly. It brings a tear to my eye. :..)
Yes, please stay @NinjaPenguin! ^__^

PMJ said:
You're not supposed to "cast suspicion" on players, as that sounds like you're trying to manipulate. :p - bbninjas

This is literally the point of the game
When I said that, I meant more the way Jesi worded it. :p

Squirtle Squad said:
Lol, bb is noob scum.
I've only played 2 PB games as scum, so yes, I'm a n00b scum. :v

King Xerneas said:
To the game or everyone's actions? I don't know if it's because I know bb is scum, but every single lynch bb has pushed as been town and no one seems to be noticing that trend.
It doesn't make me scum, but it's definitely a tip for players to actually look into me. :x

PMJ said:
bbninjas (7 posts)
Lel, did I really not end up making many posts that day? xD

PMJ said:
bbninjas screwed up by claiming how he got his roles to unlock. If anyone realizes that his role pm was buffed every time a grand master died he could be lynched very easily.
Oh, was that the relevance? xD

@quakingpunch73 You've got an eye for those connections! The next step is to build connections between experienced players! :0

edit: hm, this is the only game I've won as mafia Dx

Waitwaitwaitwait...
Hold on...
BB won? Was he scum? I'm really confused. Who quit? How did... what...
*reads graveyard and scum chat*
...I got played so hard. Gotta say I like the "Jesicide" stuff, though. That's hilarious.
Anyways, good game! It's sad to see this had to end this way, and I'll admit I played horribly. I don't even know what happened to make me play so badly. Looks like it's time for me to quickly get things ready for my game. It won't be up tonight, but hopefully sometime within three days. There's just some things to do to the OP and the banner. Hopefully you guys will come and play! ^v^

Yeah, it's like what happened with me and PMJ in Dimensional Shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back