Finished Mafia XXXIX: Superheroes Vs Supervillains - Mafia has won!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @TheSceptileMaster had a very solid play during the earlier days (he was a high town read Day 1 to Day 3), however I think it did slip once scumbuddies got into the spotlight. I actually tend to slip up during these times myself. :p

In particular, TSM seemed more disinterested in the scum lynches as opposed to town lynches, and his vote on morda seemed most forced (done because it had to be done) out of the remaining five players. I'd suggest reading the dead chat, @Lord o da rings, since it has a number of reasons why the dead chat didn't think that TSM was town, and it'd be a great opportunity to improve! ^.^

Just finished reading the dead chat. That's fine guys, really... I don't need any self-esteem. Slate me more ;(

Player of the game, without a doubt: @Lord o da rings. At the beginning of the game you were a little nondescript, ngl. However, once people started putting you on their list of scumreads, you stepped up your play and you did so hard. Towards the end of the game I believed you were town more than I thought I was, haha! Your posts were insightful, too. If you played like you did later on in the game right from the start, we might well have won in the end... but then again, you'd have probably got nightkilled! As is you kinda remind me of a less experienced Athena, who is one of the members on this site I respect the most without a shadow of a doubt, never mind just in mafia. Keep at it!

In hindsight, there were monutains of evidence on TSM which I would like to hope I'd have picked up on had I not been so vacant. As bb mentioned in the deadchat, my activity is waning due to outside circumstances. However, TSM hammering at the end of the Day 5 should have ticked my scumdar off the charts. As was mentioned in the deadchat, questioning him on his targets should have happened, but he was still consistently using his ability, looking at the scumchat, so he'd have responded confidently and effectively anyway. But tbh, Vracken's NK should have also made me doubt his claim. It makes sense to an extent because both he and I were the likeliest to be protected, and Vracken also played excellently (far better than myself, lol, you need to keep at it too!) so it was logical enough for my inactive-ass self, haha.

Game design here was outstanding and flawless. I think I've given you an ear-full in PMs surrounding roles necessitating a hammer to be used, and I stand by that, but that was the only blip on the radar for me, and it's so minor. :p I just think that roles which necessitate hammering are only detrimental to the town in general; on an active player it becomes a little centralising, and on a less active player it's the equivalent of a vanilla role. And, of course, scum can always hammer themselves. I think hammering roles can work in games where a self-vote = 0, but not otherwise. I've had a set-up in mind where every player has an ability that activates when they hammer (as a secondary ability; they're not vanilla besides) which I think would be interesting to say the least. As for this game, my role would have probably worked better if it activated when town died? It wouldn't be broken, because I lied about the whole "I'm protected from nightkills when my ability activates". I just didn't want whatever role I get to be cancelled out by my death, and the gambit probably worked well because I got to save LC, haha.

But besides that, the game setup was really good. It was low-power on both sides, but sometimes that can be refreshing. Ironically enough, based on what the dead players seem to be saying about scum-hunting, these setups push the focus off of roles and onto scum-hunting. Personally I thought this game had more than ample scum-hunting. We lynched mord off of reads rather than roles, and we lynched mirdo almost totally because of reads, with roles being simply a contributory factor towards his case, which is inevitable in any mafia game. Some players just find roles to be good evidence sometimes, which is fine. They do, after all, come from the hosts in one way or another.

Anyway, you guys will be exposed to my evidently terrible play next game if there aren't enough signups. In general my activity is kinda low, but I do enjoy mafia a lot (I didn't realise how much I missed it, lol). @bbninjas, @Jabberwock, you've got massive boots to fill with your next game, because this setup is probably the most polished on this site... ever? I want to say ever. Let's go with ever.

ayyy congrats @TheSceptileMaster you won! Which means. Scum won! Which means we won! Which means I won. Because i am the best Seagull in a suit / Game show host this Website was ever allowed to witness :^)

But srsly it was quite fun. I felt the game to be kinda weird at times. Because mostly it felt like Celever was leading a charge and everybody just kinda jumped on board. I tried to defend myself heavily but it didn't really work at all sadly. I felt kinda hopeless in that situation tbh. Problem is you were right. soooooo there's that.

There where some abnormalbilities you guys should have noticed. e.g. the results from my primary beeing usually directed at TSM ^^.
That should have raised some eyebrows after my lynch. But it did not at all.

Sooo i dunno if i'm gonna be in the next Mafia tbh. I dunno if i have enough time with Kingdoms and BigBrother going on at the same time and i don't really know if i fit into this type of game with how i articulate via text :p. Imma guess i will decide when the thread and the start of it roles around.

ayyy congrats @TheSceptileMaster you won! Which means. Scum won! Which means we won! Which means I won. Because i am the best Seagull in a suit / Game show host this Website was ever allowed to witness :^)

But srsly it was quite fun. I felt the game to be kinda weird at times. Because mostly it felt like Celever was leading a charge and everybody just kinda jumped on board. I tried to defend myself heavily but it didn't really work at all sadly. I felt kinda hopeless in that situation tbh. Problem is you were right. soooooo there's that.

There where some abnormalbilities you guys should have noticed. e.g. the results from my primary beeing usually directed at TSM ^^.
That should have raised some eyebrows after my lynch. But it did not at all.

Sooo i dunno if i'm gonna be in the next Mafia tbh. I dunno if i have enough time with Kingdoms and BigBrother going on at the same time and i don't really know if i fit into this type of game with how i articulate via text :p. Imma guess i will decide when the thread and the start of it roles around.
I'd love it if you returned for the next mafia game! No one is outstanding in their first few mafia games because it's a bloody deep game, but I honestly swear you showed more potential than the majority of new players I see on this site.

TBH, in general this game had a wealth of new potential floating around it. mirdo, Lorde, Tempest, TSM, rainy, and actually special s/o to Little Cherrim who I meant to put in my last summary post, who also played excellently. And Vracken, but I don't think he counts as new any more. If this game is anything to go by, we may be in for a new golden age of PokéBeach mafia, after some winter blues!

Also, reading through the dead chat, it seems like players are only considering a response to a statement to be as such should the original statement or question literally be quoted above it and for the response to be "I think, in response to this statement, x, y and z". I definitely have a different style of articulation, and I've noticed others do too. The one thing that all players HAVE to do when they play this game is read every post within the thread. The relative lower activity of current games does mean more players should be able to weigh in, as there are less posts to read, which is awesome and something I definitely noticed in this game. But the same effort needs to go into reading other posts than the effort you put into your own posts.

Thabks for the congrats everybody. All of you played well as well. I feel that town did screw up, after plainly seeing the scum searched me 4 times, they should have lynched me. I almost did screw up and try to NK Draclord while writing it in notepad. And although I am not experienced enough to say this IMO, really nice first game to cherrim and mirdo (on Pokebeach)

Nice Job TSM, I only started to suspect you in the night that I was killed, even though I really tried stepping up my game this time, looks like I have a long way to go. Thanks for the praise Celever, but I am totally still new, that is game number 3 for me plus the challenge, and Duck hunt which both didn't last and nor did I ^w^

It was a good game, very interesting and something that can be a teaching game for new players in the future, imo. The game consisted of mostly new players, it was run by new hosts :p, and it was not heavily based on roles. So for someone new who wants to see how the heck it is possible to play Mafia online, check out this game. Due to the inactivity, it would also not be so hard to scan the thread and pick up all sorts of scum and town tells, made by new players, which are very basic. I really like the fact that this game was simple enough to draw so many new players into the Mafia scene. I sure hope to see all of you in the next games here.

Many thanks to @double o squirtle - It was such a pleasure to host with you. I think we had a great synergy and that what made this game so good.

New players, Tempest (you posted such great posts with great insights during the game!), @Lord o da rings (you really put a good fight there to defend yourself! practice on scumhunting, and you are good to go with winning the next Mafia game, if you roll town) @Vracken, (I'm glad you were able to step up in the middle of the game and shake things up!) @Little Cherrim (you used your ability really well! I was glad to see how you made anything possible so the town can have as much info they need to get a lead on the scums), @rainyman123 (Do not say the word indie if you are the indie! That's rule number 1 for indies :p but other than that- You played really well, and I think you have really improved yourself) , @Blakers (wow, that lynch over me not bolding your name was something else. one thing I'm sure of- no one is going to lynch you again over typos. you got yourself some good pieces of evidence in this game ;) )- I hope this game was fun for you, and I really hope to see you all next game trying to sign up so you can improve yourself. For those who played this game for the first time- Trust me from experience- the second game you play Mafia here is way better than the first ;)

@bbninjas and @NinjaPenguin thank you for keeping the dead chat alive :p with your great insights. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts :D

@Celever - thank you for the feedback and the dedication to this game despite all the OC issues. What an epic play with that LC saving :D

@quakingpunch73 @Professor Palutena - You dropped from the game, so I do hope you enjoyed from the little time you had the time to play. I hope to see you in the new game though. :)

@PikaMasterJesi - Sorry you got lynched on D1, I still hope you enjoyed it while it lasted. I know that you at least enjoyed pairing with Lord in your own QT. :p

@GM DracLord - You played really well throughout the game. Thanks for playing so well ! Sorry for that insta lynch in the end, but you still get the last lynched townie medal :)

And the winners:

@mirdo @TheSceptileMaster @mordacazir - You were so awesome! You really deserve this win. You played so good together, making sure you help each other in order to survive. You better sign up for the next game people, because players here would like to revenge!

Good game scum! You guys played very well this game, with the exception of a couple of tiny slips which got two of you lynched.
This game was really interesting for me. Obviously, being killed Night 1 was both flattering and annoying, but I got to see some interesting things from the dead chat. Here a some of my thoughts:
First off, I want to address the hosts. You did really well this game! The roles were unique, the flavor was spot on, and the roles basically did not shed light on anyone's alignment (besides the fact that one of the killprooof roles and one of the trackers/watchers was almost guaranteed to be a scum.
Second, I want to address @Celever . You actually played well in many ways. You led the town, saved a townie, and lynched two scum. Obviously, I was fought with you in the beginning, so I wanted your lynch, but your skill shone through at times. My one piece of advice is this: Just because you're a confotown does not mean you can act like a scum. From the second you became a confotown, you stopped leading the town as voraciously. That, to me, was the downfall of this game for you. The fact that you were town the whole time also teaches me a valuable lesson: don't always doubt the leader. Sometimes, they are the good guys.
Finally, I want to address scumhunting. If you are given information, you need to use it. For example, I was killed, even though I would have been an easy mislynch. Why was that, and who does it cause to be scum? You need to dig into posts for strange reasoning, and look back to examine things you might have missed. There was not one ISO this entire game, which was kind of disappointing. Instead, we had bad lynches, including the Jesi lynch, which I led (At this point, I believe that she was played well, and better than before. Sorry, Jesi.). Also, don't automatically trust someone because they are a replacement. In the end, anyone can be a scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back