Finished Mafia XXXIX: Superheroes Vs Supervillains - Mafia has won!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 5 Final Votecount

The people who are being voted are in chronological order
4 votes for a majority
The player(s) with the most votes is tagged
If you think there’s anything wrong, just ask
@mordacazir 4 Lord o da Rings (vote) l Celever (vote) l | GM DracLord (vote) | Vracken (vote) | TheSceptileMaster (vote)
Lord o da Rings 1: Vracken (vote) l | Mordacazir (vote)

Not Voting: Celever

NIGHT 5

"Is it over?, are we all dead yet?" scattered asked.
The ground was shaking as one of the superhumans, mordacazir fell from the sky. "You..will..Di.."

7aae4cf91d.jpg

You are Thanos and you are aligned with the Supervillains. You are part of a race called Eternals and are from the planet Titan. You wish to add Earth to a long list of planets conquered by you, and even though the Infinity Gems give you immense power, you’ve teamed up with other villains in able to ensure a victory over it and anyone standing in the way.

Active Ability: Power of the Infinity Gems

The Infinity Gems give you many powers, a lot of which, can help you win. Once during the game, if you submit the nightkill, you may choose to use the gems to completely eradicate the victim’s role card, removing it from the update.

Active Ability: “Loyal” Followers

As the all-powerful ruler of many planets, you have a lot of followers (whether they like it or not). Each night, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. Your subjects will spy on that person and tell you who targets that player during that night (if any).

Win Condition: Outnumber all players not aligned with the Supervillains

"The final battle will begin with the first light.. Prepare yourself.. there will not be another day"

Night 5 has started. No player is allowed to post here during the night. All players may now use their night actions, if they have any.

Night 5 will end on Sunday at 5pm EST.

Good Night!

Day 6

Vracken felt like wandering the streets. It wasn't everyday that he came to Earth, and he wanted a chance to see how it had changed in the recent years. However, little did he know that this walk would be his last. The killer approached and the deed was done in no time at all.
7a210a087b.jpg

You are Starlord and you are aligned with the Superheroes. Your real name is Peter Quill, but after an encounter with the Master of the Sun, you took on the identity of Starlord. The gadgets you possess have allowed you to do many things and stop many villains, some of which, have even altered your physical form.

Active Ability: Elemental Gun

With your elemental gun, you are able to harness the power of multiple elements and use them to your advantage. Each day, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will choose to fire either wind, fire or water and give them an ability based on what you chose. However, there seems to be something wrong with it so you’ll only be able to fire each ability once.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the Superheroes
Day 6 has begun! There are 4 players alive. Majority to lynch is 3.

Day 6 will end on Friday 5PM EST.

AND ONCE AGAIN, WE ARE IN MYLO

It would have to be GM_DracLord by deduction wouldn't it? If Celever and TSM are town, then it's simply by who's left...

And no one ever counter claim the saving cherrim, but that is how we clear celever,
Scum hiding cherrim might be an attemp to cast doubt or solidify celever claim right? I dont think cherrim had any self preserving ability since i dint see cherrim as a kind of person to simply let celever claim saving him

And no one ever counter claim the saving cherrim, but that is how we clear celever,
Scum hiding cherrim might be an attemp to cast doubt or solidify celever claim right? I dont think cherrim had any self preserving ability since i dint see cherrim as a kind of person to simply let celever claim saving him
Scratch the part about tsm, I seem to recall celever believe tsm as town .. being doctor.

Lets see the all the role claims of the living players.

Myself - Basically Bullet proof
You are Wolverine and you are aligned with the Superheroes. Commonly known as Logan, you are a mutant who has mastered all forms of martial arts. Your animalistic nature often leads you to be aggressive to the point you have a hard time controlling yourself during battles. However, your code of honor and respect of lives enable you to hold yourself from your need to kill your enemies with no mercy or reason.

Passive Ability: Healing Factor

Your aggressive nature to fight has lead you to a lot of injuries and near-death situations. Luckily, your body possesses the ability to heal itself and to regenerate your power. Throughout the game, during the night, you are immune to every lethal ability. However, after surviving one lethal ability, you lose the power to vote on the following day. This ability will be locked afterwards.

Celever - something like a Jack of All Trade
You are Thor and you are aligned with the Superheroes. Also known as The Thunder God, you weren’t always aware of your powers, since your father, Odin, sent you to live on earth without knowing who you truly were. Living on Earth as a human being has lead you to become one of the planet’s most loyal and powerful defenders against all evil. Really, all evil. Evil Gods, aliens, you name it.

Active Ability: Mjolnir Hammer

Your main weapon is the powerful hammer, Mjolnir. Every time you successfully hammer you will be able to use “Call of the Thunder God”, and will not be able to be nightkilled.

Active Ability: Call of The Thunder God

You may use this ability only after successfully using “Mjolnir Hammer”. During that night, the hosts will PM you one of a players’ abilities. If they have a safeclaim, you will receive an ability from there instead. You will not know who the holder of that ability is. You may then PM the hosts the name of a player. That player will be targeted by the holder’s ability, regardless of what action the holder submitted.

Lord o - Basically a chat partner
You are Robin and you are aligned with the Superheroes. You look up to Batman and, like him, possess both strength and technology. Nonetheless, you’re still his sidekick, so while a lot of people look up to him, they often look down at you.

Passive Ability: The Batcave

The moment you had heard of the danger everyone was in, you rushed to the Batcave for any intel you could find, but while you were doing so, someone walked into the Batcave. During night 0, you will approach that person and receive a link to a quicktopic so you can talk to them.

TheSceptileMaster - Doctor?
never claimed IIRC

Yeah real fast pointing on my, when was tsm clear town? Lord o neither the two of us are clear town iirc
Hasn't he been seen as confotown this whole game? And honestly, I will not begin to consider any arguments saying I'm not confotown at this point. I freakin' led the lynch against mord and I was definitely supportive of the mirdo lynch. Both of those lynches were heavily supported by me, and I helped get rid of 2 mafia, when if I were mafia, I definitely wouldn't have pushed against my own faction so severely as I did.

If I were mafia, I'd have been in a perfectly fine position, but I went and decided to start up Day 5 with voting mord, and I was an early voter of mirdo. There's basically no evidence against me besides my suspiciously weak role. And that's all there is to it. I just have a weak role.

GAME OVER

Thor: Ok I say we kill Wolverine. What do you think, Robin?
Robin: Only logical option. I mean, a doctor can't be scum, right?
Thor: Yeah, like I said, that had never happened in the history before. And what do you think Wonder Woman with a very suspicious mustache?
Brainiac: "Baa"..(hehe..)

Wolverine: NOOOOOO!!!!!

79f83cf54f.jpg
You are Wolverine and you are aligned with the Superheroes. Commonly known as Logan, you are a mutant who has mastered all forms of martial arts. Your animalistic nature often leads you to be aggressive to the point you have a hard time controlling yourself during battles. However, your code of honor and respect of lives enable you to hold yourself from your need to kill your enemies with no mercy or reason.

Passive Ability: Healing Factor

Your aggressive nature to fight has lead you to a lot of injuries and near-death situations. Luckily, your body possesses the ability to heal itself and to regenerate your power. Throughout the game, during the night, you are immune to every lethal ability. However, after surviving one lethal ability, you lose the power to vote on the following day. This ability will be locked afterwards.

Congratulations for @TheSceptileMaster ! and his dead friends @mirdo and @mordacazir !

7ac4611107.jpg

You are Brainiac and you are aligned with the Supervillains. You are a supreme android, with super high intellect. Your mind is so powerful that it can control others, as well as use telepathy and telekinesis. You have joined Thanos to help him in conquering planet Earth, in return for some cities you will keep to yourself (after shrinking them and putting them inside your bottles) in order to create your own dream planet.

Active Ability: Mind Control

You calculated everything, and came to the realization that out of all the heroes, it would be best to take over the mind of Wonder Woman. Predicting that her amazon bracelets would give the most power for the superheroes. Once a night you may PM the hosts the name of a player. They will be protected from any actions during that night.

Win Condition: Outnumber all players not aligned with the Supervillains

And Good Game for the remaining players:

@Celever
@Lord o da rings

Here is the dead chat:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/XdyXhexaSqr

And here is the Villains chat:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/aq4aJ2i4W5z

And the Batcave:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/PjKeuWbvg3M

See ya all in the next game of Mafia!

Wow, that was fast.
Good game to everyone!
And one question about a thing I don't understand:
Why did you guys lynch me? :D
(Just trying to improve in mafia)

Congrats mafia, especially being a team of new/newer players! I think that kill placements were quite good on the most part, removing threats that needed to be gone and keeping those around who are misguiding the town. It's a great way to influence the town without actually being particularly vocal yourself, and is something that town need to watch out for in future. (Question why someone hasn't been killed yet, or why someone was killed before someone else. It's not always because they are scum!)

I say this most games; town need to scumhunt beyond just speculating on role claims, role actions and isolated tells (i.e. bandwagoning, AtE, stuff like that), which are more often red herrings. Tells in particular are more helpful early game, before scum has been killed, however once scum are known, you should be trying to find links between known scum and town. Some easy places to look are at votes and vote counts, and the past posts of known mafia, especially regarding the lynches. If you're looking at improving your scumhuntting, definitely start doing this.

To put it in perspective, town have lost the last four out of five games, and I think that this is a combination of town's apathy (which hasn't been a problem as much recently) and the town scumhunting using mostly roles and isolated tells.

Also tagging @Jabberwock, as we will be running the next mafia game! Stay tuned, and I hope to see you all there! ^.^

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention! Great game by the hosts - @scattered mind and @double o squirtle! This was a great setup to ease the new players into mafia, and the support given to the scum team (considering it lacked an experienced player) was quite fitting, imo.

Last edited:
Wow. I applaud TSM for having such a good town read this whole game. Congrats man.

Wow. I applaud TSM for having such a good town read this whole game. Congrats man.
Why did you vote for me so early without waiting for more discussion. I know you suspect me to certain extend, but just voting me right after Celever voted me for no further explanation.

A turbo lynch so late in the game is never a good thing.

Note to self and others. If someone claims doctor and got NK without being protected by other people, investigate more.

Sure, I also agree with the Draclord NK.
##Vote: GM Draclord
and TSM, nice touch. If only you killed me last night that would have been great.

By process of elimination, in my mind the only logical thing to do would've been to lynch you. Celever was obviously town and TSM hadn't ticked my radar once this whole game. I figured that at that point in time, the results were there, town had won.

But the second TSM submitted his vote and I read his response, I knew what I'd done wrong. But at which point, I'd already considered the game frozen since a majority had been reached, just neither host was online, because if I had been allowed, my vote would have changed the second I saw that response to TSM.

Also, looking forward to @bbninjas and @Jabberwock hosting Mafia XL, as I'll likely be participating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back