Finished Mafia XXXIX: Superheroes Vs Supervillains - Mafia has won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
29m3eab.jpg

Welcome to MafiaXXXIX: Superheroes Vs Supervillains
! Hosted by @scattered mind and @double o squirtle! This game will be based off of the heroes and villains we know and love from the Marvel and DC universes!

If you're unfamiliar with the rules or want to refresh yourself, you should check out the rules and terminology here!

Stark Building

Scattered mind sat in his office at the top of the famous Stark Industries building. Ever since Tony Stark had entered retirement and he had been left with the company, the company had been slowly falling to pieces. Things were… stressful.

“Ugh, we need a pick-me-up. With what we’ve got, there’s no way we could make a breakthrough. Unless that dimensional converter actually starts doing something other than take up space.” scattered mind thought to himself “If only some miracle would come rushing through the door”.

“Sir! Sir! It’s working! It’s actually doing something! Omg omg omg!” double o squirtle, one of scattered mind’s scientists came unexpectedly rushing through the door.

“What the? Calm yourself. What are you talking about? You can’t possibly mean the dimensional converter.”

“I do! We just pressed a bunch of colourful buttons and all of a sudden it started working! You gotta come see it! It’s awesome!!!” With that, double o squirtle rushed out of the office and back to the machine.

“Well, I guess I’ve got nothing to lose.” scattered mind went down to the giant room with the machine. At the center of the room there was a giant screen, showing the city from the sky. “What am I supposed to see here?” scattered mind asked.

“Wait for it..” double o squirtle answered. After an hour and 35 minutes, it happened.

“OK, now! Look!” double o squirtle said after waking scattered mind.

“Wha-Who-What? Oh what is that!?” they saw a big portal coming out of the sky. From that portal, a group of strange levitating people came out, stood there and looked around.

“Wow, we managed to summon super heroes!” double o squirtle said. But then, the strange group fired powerful superlike beams at a building nearby, causing it to explode.

“Huh, I guess all the people from that building were evil...” scattered said, and after that, the strange group exploded another building.

“Unless we live in sin city, I think we’re facing a group of supervillains!” double o squirtle said, “Let me fix that!” She pushed some other colorful buttons. The ground had suddenly shaken. Above the tall buildings, another portal appeared, and through that portal, a bigger group of levitating people came out.

“And are you sure these are superheroes now?” scattered mind asked. The new group started to fight the other group.

“Yeah! See? They’re fighting the supervillains, and I do recognize some of them!” double o squirtle was relieved.

“Hmm, what’s happening now?” scattered mind looked at the big screen. All the people on both groups had disappeared into a dark cloud of smoke, until the smoke faded.

“Weird..,it looks like the villains have disappeared...” said double o squirtle.

“Yeah, and the superheroes look different too.” scattered mind replied.

The city

The superheroes were confused. “What was that sorcery.. I can’t recognize any of you for some reason..” one of them said.

“I guess we have to find out, don’t we?” another one of them replied.

Then, a deep voice was heard throughout the city. “We came here to conquer your world. Your superpowers could defeat us, but we outsmarted you, and blended into your group.. If you want to get rid of us, you will have to guess if the person in front of you is us, or your ally.. And in the meantime, WE WILL SLOWLY TAKE OVER EACH ONE OF YOU AND YOUR SUPERPOWERS MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA”

1. Be nice to other players.
  2. Try to contribute. If you don't feel that you'll be active in general, please do not sign in. If you find yourself inactive for a limited time during the game, let the host know about it.
  3. No one is allowed to post during each night phase.
  4. Don't edit/delete your posts
  5. No screenshots or images posting is allowed.
  6. No outside communication
  7. Liking is allowed
  8. Quoting posts is allowed. You may quote and edit any posts sent by the hosts.
  9. The hosts' word is law
You'll get a warning if you break any of these, two warnings and you risk being modkilled.

There's no special mechanics in this game.

In order cast a vote, players should follow this format: ##VOTE: PLAYER'S NAME.
Likewise, in order to unvote, players should follow this format: ##UNVOTE: PLAYER'S NAME.

Day Periods will last 120 hours (5 in real life Days) unless a player gains majority of votes (getting lynched).
Night Periods will last 48 hours (2 in real life Days).

If no majority is reached by the deadline, the player with most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, there will be no lynch.

Captain America

You are Captain America and you are aligned with the Superheroes. Formally known as the frail young man called Steve Rogers, you managed to enhanced to the top of human perfection, with a little help of a mysterious serum and the US government. With your nearly indestructible shield, you fight the villains in the name of justice.

Passive Ability: Super-Soldier Serum
The mysterious serum you absorbed runs in your body forever, giving you immunity and endurance that normal human body cannot possess. As a result, no ability can affect your vote wight or your active ability.

Active Ability: Star Shield
Your shield was made in a secret government laboratory, and it can be thrown to hit your enemies or protect you from most powerful hits. Each night you may PM the hosts the name of a player. That player cannot target you until the night ends.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the Superheroes

There are two main factions in this game:
The Superheroes (aka town) and The Supervillains (aka Mafia)

There may or may not be a third faction in this game.
Those who are not aligned with the Superheroes will have safe claims.

Players:
This game has a limit of 14 players. If we already have 14, you can still sign up as a sub!

1. @Lord o da rings
2. @NinjaPenguin - Human Torch (town), Killed N1
3. @rainyman123 - Venom (indie), Lynched D2
4. @[SIZE=4]PikaMasterJesi[/SIZE] - Batman (town), Lynched D1
5. @Celever
6. EeveeTheFishey[s]@mordacazir[/s] - Thanos (mafia), Lynched D5
7. @[SIZE=4]丅ᗴᗰᑭᗴᔕ丅[/SIZE] Hulk (town), Modkilled.
8. @Blakers - Storm (town), Lynched D3
9. @Little Cherrim ? ? ? ? (?), ?? N4
10. quakingpunch73@bbninjas - Spiderman (town), Killed N2
11. @TheSceptileMaster
12. @mirdo - Loki (mafia), Lynched D4
13. Professor Palutena @GM DracLord
14. @Vracken - Starlord (town), Killed N5

Subs:

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Ooh, count me in! I'll try to be more active, though I've been focussing a lot more on schoolwork this year so I may not be too active.

I also need to get over being afraid of saying the wrong things and overlooking every post a million times.

EDIT: So I can't even put in a drawing for a post milestone? RIP. :/

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Put me down as a sub, I might join properly later, we will see how many people sign up
Thanks Scattered and 007 ^w^

Celever

Wheeeee~
You know what? Let's actually do it. I've got heaps of schoolwork for the next few months so don't expect my usual active self, but this game looks too good to pass up!

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Took a lot of persuasion, but I'm in. I've never played before, so I'm hoping to pick up a thing or two. :)

You could not have picked a better time to begin. This is a very simple Mafia game with no special extra rules. Also you have me and DoS at your service during the game for anything you might not understand. :)

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
You could not have picked a better time to begin. This is a very simple Mafia game with no special extra rules. Also you have me and DoS at your service during the game for anything you might not understand. :)
I told him basically the same thing. I also persuaded @EeveeTheFishey to join, so I'm feeling really good about myself right about now :D

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Only 4 more superplayers are needed to start the game :)
Spread the word, and hopefully we'll be able to start the game by this weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.