Resource Mafia Master Document & New Player Guide - Looking for Hosts!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Athena, Jun 21, 2016.

1. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Aaaaand the Mafia Applications are now closed! We've got a bunch of great applications this season, so the decision is going to be tough! We'll be taking a look at the applications over the next week and will be giving our decision soon, so stay tuned. ^.^

2. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Aaaaand the next mafia hosts have been decided!

[​IMG]

Mafia XXXIX will be hosted by...
    And Mafia XL will be hosted by...
    @Jabberwock & @bbninjas!

Congratulations to the hosts for this season, and everyone who applied! This was probably our toughest decision since I've been staff, since all the applications were great! Each applicant has received a formal PM with some feedback (if any) from the staff, so your application can be the absolute best it can be for the next season. =D

Celever and scattered mind like this.
  3. Dusk Form Lycanroc Champion of Alola
    Dusk Form Lycanroc

Professor_jplap likes this.
  4. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

You would need to make an application. The details can be found in the OP post of this thread, or above when we made a call out for hosts.

5. Dusk Form Lycanroc Champion of Alola
    Dusk Form Lycanroc

But right now the mafia 52 applications aren't open, right?

6. Jadethepokemontrainer Ready for anything!
    Jadethepokemontrainer

Forum Mod Chat Room Staff Member

I think you can send in applications whenever ^w^

bbninjas likes this.
  7. Dusk Form Lycanroc Champion of Alola
    Dusk Form Lycanroc

well ok, we are still working on it a bit though

8. Zero Umbreon Pyromaniacal sorcerer
    Zero Umbreon

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but quick question- how is Discord used in game?

9. Lord o da rings ♕ The Queen ♕
    Lord o da rings

Your question is answered by this:
    QuickTopics have been used as dead chats in Mafia games here for years. If QuickTopics is noted as not being used directly before asking for Discord tags, it probably means that Discord is where this game's dead chat will be. Hope this helps!

bbninjas likes this.
  10. Zero Umbreon Pyromaniacal sorcerer
    Zero Umbreon

Thanks! So would using Discord be necessary for any part of the game? In other words is dead chat part of the game or is it outside of the game?

11. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Hey there @Zero Umbreon! @Lord o da rings is completely right about Discord. In the Zoo Mafia game that I will be running, the same thread you sign up in will be used by everyone to discuss who you think the mafians are and to cast your votes. In addition to that thread, some roles will have access to a private chat that certain others will also have access to. These other chats will take place on Discord, and there will be at least one chat for the mafians and maybe others for other roles. This means that you WILL need to have access to Discord, just in case you get a role with a chat.

Do you have a Discord account already, or is that something you would need to or can’t set up? It’s really easy and I could help if need. :)

12. Dusk Form Lycanroc Champion of Alola
    Dusk Form Lycanroc

Are host applications currently open?

13. Vom Riven of a Thousand Voices
    Vom

Forum Mod Member

If you have a draft OP or even just an idea for a game that you would like to talk about you can always PM me. :)

Dusk Form Lycanroc likes this.
  14. Dusk Form Lycanroc Champion of Alola
    Dusk Form Lycanroc

Thanks! I was just about to start an OP and i just wanted to make sure that they could be submitted currently.

15. Ephemera Faerie of the Viridian Forest
    Ephemera

Just wanted to know: are there any Mafia games being processed right now? I'm waiting for the next one... haha, sorry if this is irritating or something.

16. Vom Riven of a Thousand Voices
    Vom

Forum Mod Member

Sorry, but currently there are no games in queue. Feel free to change that tho. ;)

Ephemera likes this.
  17. Vom Riven of a Thousand Voices
    Vom

Forum Mod Member

@Ephemera @Dusk Form Lycanroc a new Mafia game has just opened for sign ups if you're interested! It's at the top of the Forum Games section.

18. Zone Q11 『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
    Zone Q11

...hey. Am I allowed to host a game immediately?

Also, will there ever be a mod that will update the OP?

19. Vom Riven of a Thousand Voices
    Vom

Forum Mod Member

Not immediately, but feel free to send in an application.

Hey the OP has my name now it's pretty up to date :L

20. Zone Q11 『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
    Zone Q11

Via PM or here?
    ...? Sorry, I keep looking at Post #4 and see that the game is missing Mafia LIV, LV, LVI, LVII and LVIII.
    ...hey. Has there ever been a case where someone hosts a game while another game is ongoing?

Also, I am assuming that hoping for 17 players is too much to ask for?
    Am I correct to assume that 9 players is the "current" norm?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

Vracken