Resource Mafia Master Document & New Player Guide - Looking for Hosts!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Aaaaand the Mafia Applications are now closed! We've got a bunch of great applications this season, so the decision is going to be tough! We'll be taking a look at the applications over the next week and will be giving our decision soon, so stay tuned. ^.^

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Aaaaand the next mafia hosts have been decided!

giphy.gif

Mafia XXXIX will be hosted by...
And Mafia XL will be hosted by...
@Jabberwock & @bbninjas!

Congratulations to the hosts for this season, and everyone who applied! This was probably our toughest decision since I've been staff, since all the applications were great! Each applicant has received a formal PM with some feedback (if any) from the staff, so your application can be the absolute best it can be for the next season. =D

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but quick question- how is Discord used in game?
Your question is answered by this:
I will be using Discord instead of QuickTopics in this game. When you sign-up in-thread, please include your current discord tag OR PM me it.
QuickTopics have been used as dead chats in Mafia games here for years. If QuickTopics is noted as not being used directly before asking for Discord tags, it probably means that Discord is where this game's dead chat will be. Hope this helps!

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
QuickTopics have been used as dead chats in Mafia games here for years. If QuickTopics is noted as not being used directly before asking for Discord tags, it probably means that Discord is where this game's dead chat will be. Hope this helps!
Thanks! So would using Discord be necessary for any part of the game? In other words is dead chat part of the game or is it outside of the game?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hey there @Zero Umbreon! @Lord o da rings is completely right about Discord. In the Zoo Mafia game that I will be running, the same thread you sign up in will be used by everyone to discuss who you think the mafians are and to cast your votes. In addition to that thread, some roles will have access to a private chat that certain others will also have access to. These other chats will take place on Discord, and there will be at least one chat for the mafians and maybe others for other roles. This means that you WILL need to have access to Discord, just in case you get a role with a chat.

Do you have a Discord account already, or is that something you would need to or can’t set up? It’s really easy and I could help if need. :)

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Just wanted to know: are there any Mafia games being processed right now? I'm waiting for the next one... haha, sorry if this is irritating or something.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Just wanted to know: are there any Mafia games being processed right now? I'm waiting for the next one... haha, sorry if this is irritating or something.
Sorry, but currently there are no games in queue. Feel free to change that tho. ;)

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
...hey. Am I allowed to host a game immediately?

Also, will there ever be a mod that will update the OP?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
...hey. Am I allowed to host a game immediately?

Also, will there ever be a mod that will update the OP?
Not immediately, but feel free to send in an application.

Hey the OP has my name now it's pretty up to date :L

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Not immediately, but feel free to send in an application.
Via PM or here?
Hey the OP has my name now it's pretty up to date :L
...? Sorry, I keep looking at Post #4 and see that the game is missing Mafia LIV, LV, LVI, LVII and LVIII.
...hey. Has there ever been a case where someone hosts a game while another game is ongoing?

Also, I am assuming that hoping for 17 players is too much to ask for?
Am I correct to assume that 9 players is the "current" norm?