Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant fit you in either

goood good.

my plan has already borne fruit hue hue hue

okay, further stuff about my townread on amici:
i kiiiinda stole this tactic from the game i just played – talk about someone potentially pocketing you. i liked amici's response to my "which pocket you want me in" – mostly pointing that out to scum (especially someone who just said they're reading me town and never retracting) should throw them off, if they're scum it's def an actual pocketing attempt, and me discussing that should throw a wrench into that plan. I liked the response, it was fast, casual, and amici didn't panic. Admittedly I haven't played mafia with her yet, but from what I do know, this feels genuine.

Eph, if you were town hunting, then your reasons for townreading Amici would be specific to their posts, and would actually be alignment indicative. Instead, your reasons could be applied to anyone here; so you’re just making friends, not doing both.

I am happy with this vote ##VOTE: Eph

i am very much not liking the atmosphere here lol.

i predict we mayyyyy be slowly marching towards an ml on me, seeing as a lot of people are sussing me and not really giving reads. no one particularly reads me town, so on and so forth, i get lunched, i flip town, boom waste of a D1.

I propose an alternate plan for the day: how about people try and find town as well? Reads? Suspicions that aren't on me for giving my reads? Come on, it feels like i'm shouting into the void here.

Eph, if you were town hunting, then your reasons for townreading Amici would be specific to their posts, and would actually be alignment indicative. Instead, your reasons could be applied to anyone here; so you’re just making friends, not doing both.

check my post just above? kiiiinda specific to amici there.

interesting. It seems that we got a different conclusion from the same interaction.

@MegaPod_781 - what do you think?

i'm not a fan of how we're interacting with each other – could you be town misreading me? maybe, but i just feel like currently it's more scum pushing an easy-looking (easy? if you want to elim me i'm not gonna make it easy :p) mislunch.
I'm not trying to get you eliminated, I'm trying to suss out what your intentions are here.
i just really can't see a world where we're w/w together and i just completely townread her – that's soooo sus if either of us flips scum. it's definitely a stretch to make this read – pre-flip associative reads are bleh.
Yeah it's definitely a risky move, and probably a stretch. I'm trying to see where this goes.
4) banter is NAI. i'm in this game to have fun and hunt scum, i don't just have to straight up do so with nothing extra.
(also i was pretty confused, and really thought i missed something lol)
No, that's fair.
if you're not confident in your reads they're worth nothing.
I mean, that's a bit harsh. You don't have to be 100% on something for it to be worth pointing out.
amici's towniness was pretty obvious to me off of her first few posts. the other players are harder to tell for me.
This quote just goes with the rest, but I'd like to point out that here you are saying that, Day 1, Amici is obviously town to you after a couple posts.
I strongly believe she is town
amici's stood out to me most as towny.
Most towny =/= obviously town.
This does not mean i'm never reconsidering it. But amici is my highest townread, and I am going to use that.
I can respect that.

check my post just above? kiiiinda specific to amici there.
You sniped me!

Glad to see there was some intentionality there, that softens my read a bit. Still suss with that town read though - Amici very clearly knows how to play this game based on their more recent posts, they don’t seem to be the type of person who would fall for the pocketing trick.

Leaving a reminder to self in this post because there’s more here that I might want to come back to down the track

okay, lemme try and evaluate something.

Throw the bottom half of my rainbow out the window. I've found people I believe are v towny (amici/scattered/lily), but I should check up on my nulls/suspicions.

That leaves bb/cel/vom/jade/mega. I can already say that mega/jade are mostly null – don't have enough ties/meta with Mega to pick up on tone, and Jade hasn't posted much. Gth they're both town.

This leaves me with bb/cel/vom, who coincidentally all sus me. The way I've been playing is v different from how I've played before – wanted to try new things out – so I can understand townies sussing me here, but I doubt scum would let the chance to get a mislunch on me go to waste – ergo I feel like at least one here is scum, to set up progression on a full-on scumread of me.

I'm gonna throw out my null on bb, my scum toneread of cel, and my disagreement with vom. Lemme check their arguments against me.

Wallpost incoming.

Initial read on Vom’s latest post, she seems to be back-pedalling a bit on their Eph read without actually admitting that

Heyo scattered, good to see ya! You posted some townleans before, do you have any scumleans?
good to see you too :)
No scumleans. Trying to focus on the puzzle pieces and fit things so I don’t really think in those terms at the moment.

pre-wallpost thoughts: vom's latest post is a good look. very much so. i'll go into further details in the wall, but it definitely reads like she's got no agenda behind it, believes what she posted.

Initial read on Vom’s latest post, she seems to be back-pedalling a bit on their Eph read without actually admitting that
huh, different conclusions to the same post. Gonna put it out there that backpedalling isn't necessarily a scum signal (i don't even know if it's >rand scum, not sure), and i've read games where villagers were more jumpy/backpedally/changing with their reads than scum were – I've even been that wishy-washy villager.

(man, I miss the ISO feature on MU, but the multiquote here is better, so much less cluttered)

This leaves me with bb/cel/vom, who coincidentally all sus me.
And coincidentally these are all the people who have thrown suspicion your way. Making enemies with the enemies now.

For what it’s worth, I haven’t played with you recently and I don’t remember how you did play in the games we shared, so my read on you is not coloured by past expectations - except that you’re comfortable enough with Mafia to represent the forums in a championship.

Okay, tbh I had no idea how I became the rep???? Like I volunteered, but I figured I'd be the sub or something lol. I was fine with repping, but never expected that.
Also I... don't think we've ever played together for Mafia. I'm basing most of my tone reads on you off of Fog of War.

pre-wallpost thoughts: vom's latest post is a good look. very much so. i'll go into further details in the wall, but it definitely reads like she's got no agenda behind it, believes what she posted.
So the post where Vom weakens her read on you is a good look, and the past posts where Vom put pressure on you happen to be suss?

Okay, tbh I had no idea how I became the rep???? Like I volunteered, but I figured I'd be the sub or something lol. I was fine with repping, but never expected that.
Also I... don't think we've ever played together for Mafia. I'm basing most of my tone reads on you off of Fog of War.
Cool, so that means my reads on you isn’t gonna be influenced by past games.

I hope there’s a response coming to what was clearly the main point of that post? (That you’re scum reading only the people who have thrown suspicion your way)

huh, different conclusions to the same post. Gonna put it out there that backpedalling isn't necessarily a scum signal (i don't even know if it's >rand scum, not sure), and i've read games where villagers were more jumpy/backpedally/changing with their reads than scum were – I've even been that wishy-washy villager
Sorry for the triple - just wanted to say that I agree with this in principle. But back-pedalling without being explicit about it is actually scummy because it keeps options open (you can always go back to that case if another doesn’t work out), and leaving options open only benefits scum.

interesting. It seems that we got a different conclusion from the same interaction.

@MegaPod_781 - what do you think?
After looking over Eph and Amici’s initial interaction again, I think it’s unlikely they’re both Mafia, though it’s possible one of them may be. Their initial interactions just seemed like jokeposts, so nothing too bad there, and then Ami makes that post about how we need to be careful with our eliminations and that the Firefighter should avoid claiming if at all possible; again, good points, but not completely alignment indicative. And after that Eph describes Ami as “locktown.” Naive trust or pocketing attempt by Eph? Possibly.

I am liking the points bbninjas is raising and would like to see Vom and Eph’s responses to them.

Okay, quick backread results done, wallpost is here:

Please note: I am definitely biased. I know I'm town, people sus me for reasons which I know are not true, I try to ignore that but honestly it's impossible.

However, the fact that I am multi-ISOing (for the uninitiated, ISO stands for ISOlate, and multi-ISOing is going over multiple people's posts in isolation) the three people voting me is (at least to my conscious mind) for objective reasons. I can see townies sussing me for my chaotic play and weak reads with confidence, but I highly doubt they're all town – easy ml, right here? Sign scum the heck up – which is why I'm going through their posts.

Quote wall, just got a couple posts from each of bb/cel/vom.

Cel: not much content of note. I said I didn't like his tone too much (admittedly that's pretty weak but I'll take what I get) but I feel like his lack of content isn't great. His RVS vote ended up on me, and even at that point I was being suspected, so it felt like putting more momentum on my ml.
I'm enjoying your conversation, Ephe and Amici :U
Didn't like this quote much. I know fluff isn't indicative of like, anything, but the fact that there was discussion and conversation between me and amici means there could be stuff derived from that. Felt like scum hanging back. Moderate suspicion on this slot.

Vom: put her at the bottom of my rainbow for the lily vote. Felt like the vote was easy. But that probably made me biased towards her content in general (ala the first impressions bias), so let's put that aside. Going over Vom's posts (and suspicion on me) it felt like a genuine progression on me. Voted me for chaos and self-voting – I guess that's valid? but twas a joke – and while questioning me felt simultaneously like she meant her questions and got frustrated with my chaos and slight evasiveness.
Being sensible? What does that mean for you?

Then ask me about it.

I could see Ephemera/Amici, though being experienced as they are I don't think they'd be buddying this hard. Then again...maybe that's what they count on. Thoughts?
Putting her thoughts out there, meaning it, genuine frustration/thought process. Gonna put this slot above Jade/Mega, mild-moderate townread.

bb:
entry felt mostly null – the misunderstanding about a Vom wagon was ??? ihani what that was, ngl. I didn't really like the following post:
Very skeptical of Eph’s townread on Amici after reading back.

Amici townreads Eph and bang, Eph townreads right back. Coincidence? I think not. Scum always want to return the favour (I.e. townread people who townread them) because that gets that player on their good side. Scum want to make friends ASAP - more friends, more likely you’ll survive the day 1 lynch. Eph’s reasons for a townread could be applied to anyone here (tone? is sensible? the right amount of s***posting? No one has been not sensible and tone is vague and non-descript, anyone could have a “good” tone). Eph would’ve townread the first person to townread them - and Amici was just the lucky one who did it first.

Or at least so it seems. @Eph It doesn’t look like you’re trying to find scum, it looks like you’re just trying to make friends

Okay, not going to point out the always (no such thing as absolutes in mafia) but the bit about me townreading anyone is a bit much. Then in the same post we go to "or at least so it seems" which is kinda pretty hedgy. Also tone stuff but that's weak because it's tone. Still NAGL.

While I don't think saying you prefer a vote on someone is necessarily AI, i haaaated this phrasing. I am happy with this vote =/= I believe in this vote, or I scumread you – it's suuuper easy to take back, or to flip, or to whatever.

Overall mild-moderate suspicion on this slot as well – the tone should be minor but I feel like you're not being genuine. I apologize if this is untrue, but that's how it reads to me as of right now.

oh god this section is going to look so much like OMGUS lol

##UNZONE: Vom
##SUSPECT: bbninjas

where's this gonna lead? let's see!

(postscript: NAI/AI means non-alignment indicative/alignment indicative, e.g. indicative of town or scum; NAGL is not a good look; OMGUS is oh my god, you suck – voting someone for the sole reason that they voted you, which is not necessarily from scum either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back