Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by NinjaPenguin, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephemera Faerie of the Viridian Forest
    Ephemera

I mostly agree with this – most "scumslips" aren't really scumslips (and tbh they come more often from blundering town) – but I will say that IIOA is very, very scummy.
    ...although I found myself pretty darn guilty of this on D5, what with my huge walls with no conclusion. Bleh.

Early game (D1) IIOA is pretty scummy, especially when the player tries to pass it off as analysis. When the player is more self-aware of it, then it's not as big a problem, but still.

NinjaPenguin likes this.

2. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

As I implied there, I think scumtells are extremely contextual and reliant on other players not being aware of them.
    With your specific example, I happen to have played for a while on a site where IIOA was far and away the most common scumtell used by most of the players. It worked well for a while, but at some point, the meta adjusted. Any scum who was moderately decent learned that they would get suspected unless they provide analysis and within a couple months it was entirely inaccurate. IIOA is a great scumtell, but only if someone doesn't know about it.
    That's sorta the inherent problem with content-based scumtells: any scumtell that someone knows is likely to be used against them is no longer a scumtell, since they'd avoid it as scum. The more you use one, the less it's usable. That's why imo scumtells are much much better for reading newbies than anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?