Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I am pretty confident that Eph is town because they didn't care about being lynched. They were not frantically trying to get people to vote for Celever. They weren't particularly frustrated by all the pressure on them, which scum tend to feel when they feel they are being unfairly tunnelled. They seemed resigned to the possibility of being tree-stumped. In fact, Eph actually seemed more content and level-headed then scum. The fact that Eph managed to actually put a second case on me that could potentially compete against the Celever wagon and absorb some of the votes, which would risk Eph getting lynched! Instead, I see town motivation here: putting a second case creates a path forward for Day 2. This means Eph expected to stick around even if they get lynched.

Yeah I agree this gives a lot of points to eph for being town.

I have a case on jade and lily that i already made.

If you've visited this thread and haven't made a post yet - and I am watching! - then you better post in the next 24... >.>
you were also apparently watching for EoD...look how that went :U
The defensivness there is quite telling. Eph wasn't running any case on bbninjas specifically as he was just trying to find out whether or not a scum is among his voters, which with this small setup is very probable.
Weren't they? If not I seriously have to reread because the way I remember it Eph did make a case on bb as well as looking at other people. However my brain has processed a lot of information in the past 24h so I might have gotten that mixed up.
I have a case on jade and lily that i already made.
Post it/them then, it's ought to spark at least some discussion. Will also reply to you about bb later because I'd have to fetch the post(s).

On a more general note, I can definitely see scum!bb making a post that detailed so don't take the mere existence of that post as evidence for him being town, my first impressions of it are that it doesn't give me any scum vibes.

That being said, a more thorough reread is required, and I have been/will also be stuck in meetings or otherwise occupied until tonight so I will be checking in to see if there a new post but don't expect anything of substance for the rest of the irl day.

Day 2: Vote Count 1
bbninjas (2)-MegaPod_781, scattered mind
Not Voting: Amici, bbninjas, Ephemera, Fiery_Lugia, Jadethepokemontrainer, Vom

If the day ended right now, bbninjas would be eliminated. There are 72 hours remaining in the day.

Vote History:
#20-Celever voted bbninjas
#23-Amici voted Celever
#27-Ephemera voted Celever
#30-Vom voted Fiery_Lugia
#32-Ephemera voted Vom
#41-Ephemera voted Ephemera
#42-Ephemera voted Vom
#47-Vom voted Ephemera
#51-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#55-Celever voted Ephemera
#81-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#102-bbninjas voted Ephemera
#120-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#123-Ephemera voted MegaPod_781
#139-MegaPod_781 voted Ephemera
#151-Scattered mind voted Amici
#162-Ephemera voted Celever
#244-MegaPod_781 voted Celever
#249-Jadethepokemontrainer voted Celever
#268-scattered mind voted Fiery_Lugia
#276-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#288-scattered mind voted Celever
#297-Celever voted bbninjas
#302-Fiery_Lugia voted Celever
#304-Celever voted Amici
#308-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#320-scattered mind voted bbninjas

If I'm missing any votes, please let me know. For the ease of making a votecount, it helps to bold votes if possible, but that is not required.

The following players have not posted in the past 24 hours and are being tagged (this isn't a warning or anything, just a reminder):
@Fiery_Lugia
@Jadethepokemontrainer

i just wanted to make a vote in time, and he already had the most number of votes, so i panic-voted him
You’ve had enough time in Day 1 to get a handle of how Mafia is played, so people will be expecting more from you Day 2. You need to share your thoughts voluntarily, have a list of people you think are town and scum, and have reasons for the people on that list. You would also be expected to vote early, and perhaps even change your vote throughout the day.

Response to Mega in the next 5ish hours.

@scattered mind Where are these cases you mentioned?

Eph repeatedly said that there was a “4” who must have scum in it, which included me. Eph repeatedly put me at the bottom of their read list (many, many times before I said anything). Eph repeatedly stated that I was “off” without explaining why. The issue is not their being a case - the issue is that their never actually was one at the time - or any other sort of evidence - yet Eph kept on saying I was scummy.

I was trying to figure out why scattered had such an oversimplified view of my response to Eph’s “group of 4” push, and it’s pretty hard to determine since scattered never really interjected or made many comments on how he was reading the situation in the moment. He did however say he skimmed over the thread around the time this happened.

im back! so sorry for disappearing like that. im going to invest more time to compansate. I skimmed the thread and so i do need to do some rereads but:

celever's case is weak- The case seems to be basically that he is not as active like he usually is.. which is true but he does that as scum and town. There was one game I remember him being inactive across d2 and he was scum. But still, it's not enough to jump on that wagon and I imagine that if eph is scum- then the scum mate jumped on that wagon as soon as they saw the opputunity.

@Amici - why is eph not in your core?

ephemera is a wild card and I honestly don't mind voting them. The only thing that prevents me from doing that is the thought that there must be a better choice than that. But the day is close to ending so I might jump on that wagon myself.

I would actually vote Lily- normally new town players try to contribute or just stay inactive. history on this site shows that new scum players does things differently- they make sure they pop in and out even if they don't have something to say, and they make sure to answer questions but without giving away too much details or thoughts, which is what i see here with Lily. very similar play as mordacazir back in the game he played first as scum.

jade is scummy to me. They echo and they dont seem to commit much to any thought even in that meta read jade posted it looked as if they want to show that they contribute but they obsolutely don't want to reveal what they really think.

@Vom you are not the only one who says bb rubs them the wrong way, (a very funny english expression you got there) but since i remember you saying it im going to ask you- how exactly? and can you make a case or a clearer point?

So scattered - can you go back and catch up on the posts that you skimmed over (from about #180), and let people know what you think?

Hello yes, I am here. Just busy irl but don't want to abandon y'all completely :U

Finally completed my Amici ISO during the night. Chaos generally just confuses me. I recalled seeing a lot of posts as just joke posts, and others with more but not much more. A vast majority of her posts are just responding to questions asked of her, which didn't really give much, or nothing (ie joke posts). I really don't see much from her, except posts that look like they could be helpful but aren't that helpful. I believe she asked a question of other people once, and even that question wasn't really anything? The only thing really close to a case that I've really seen is her thoughts against Lily, which was "non of her posts have any game substance and they're just fluff" and today is "they at least seem to be making an effort." I'm a little confused on what her stance on anyone is, she doesn't really seem to ever have a stance on where she thinks anyone is. There was Cel last week, and she gives a town/scum list but doesn't elaborate on why people are where they are for her. There's a lot going on here, IMO, so FoS on Amici.

@everyone thoughts?

also: Cel is CONFO-TOWN. We need to listen to him.
Cel also says Amici, just saying :thinking:

Going to once more reread the whole thread with Cel=town in mind
Ooh, please let us know what you find! I'd like to hear your thoughts more.

If you've visited this thread and haven't made a post yet - and I am watching! - then you better post in the next 24... >.>
He's always watching :eyes: :eek::eek:

I'm just going to discredit confo-town @Celever for a second. Cel has shown that he hasn't actually read the thread, yet he's giving his reads and telling the town who to lynch. It's obvious why this is anti-town, and I will discredit confo-town Cel until he demonstrates that he's actually read the thread. In the meantime, I would encourage every person to listen to Cel, but to think very carefully about whether he actually knows what he's talking about.

Re: your iso @Jadethepokemontrainer, it seems very one-sided and very easy to rebuttal. I can think of many different posts from Amici where she made commitments to reads and interesting observations about the gamestate. These include: how did I approach the Eph wagon versus how did Vom approached the wagon, justification regarding his vote on Cel, about who he thinks is town core versus scumcore, about lim-a-lurker. What Amici hasn't done is introduce a thought or an idea or a case that caused discussion or helped solved anything; I think this is where you were trying to go with your ISO, in which case that is worthy of FoS. What I expect from @Amici is a case or strong reads from their reread of Day 1 with Celever=town in mind.

@scattered mind I see you're reading the thread now - would love a response when possible.

im back! so sorry for disappearing like that. im going to invest more time to compansate. I skimmed the thread and so i do need to do some rereads but:

celever's case is weak- The case seems to be basically that he is not as active like he usually is.. which is true but he does that as scum and town. There was one game I remember him being inactive across d2 and he was scum. But still, it's not enough to jump on that wagon and I imagine that if eph is scum- then the scum mate jumped on that wagon as soon as they saw the opputunity.

@Amici - why is eph not in your core?

ephemera is a wild card and I honestly don't mind voting them. The only thing that prevents me from doing that is the thought that there must be a better choice than that. But the day is close to ending so I might jump on that wagon myself.

I would actually vote Lily- normally new town players try to contribute or just stay inactive. history on this site shows that new scum players does things differently- they make sure they pop in and out even if they don't have something to say, and they make sure to answer questions but without giving away too much details or thoughts, which is what i see here with Lily. very similar play as mordacazir back in the game he played first as scum.

jade is scummy to me. They echo and they dont seem to commit much to any thought even in that meta read jade posted it looked as if they want to show that they contribute but they obsolutely don't want to reveal what they really think.

@Vom you are not the only one who says bb rubs them the wrong way, (a very funny english expression you got there) but since i remember you saying it im going to ask you- how exactly? and can you make a case or a clearer point?

My cases on lily and jade are in this post for anyone who asked.

I was trying to figure out why scattered had such an oversimplified view of my response to Eph’s “group of 4” push, and it’s pretty hard to determine since scattered never really interjected or made many comments on how he was reading the situation in the moment. He did however say he skimmed over the thread around the time this happened.

Its not oversimplified. I placed myself in your shoes (not same players but as two veterans) and i cant see myself having any need to defend myself or view this as an attack. I will reread, though if you can provide a quote where eph makes a case on you that would warrent such response that would be great.

I'll respond to that in a second, but first

@scattered mind Would you say you skimmed over the posts between #180 to #267? Or did you read them enough to understand what was going on?

I'll respond to that in a second, but first

@scattered mind Would you say you skimmed over the posts between #180 to #267? Or did you read them enough to understand what was going on?

Finished reading up to your defensive post and could not find anything to warrenmt such response. The more town response i would expect from you is - "you have to elaborate" or something like that. there is something there that makes it seem like you overdefended yourself.

Cheers. Can you also read #120 to 180? I'm reading back as well and am gathering quotes; this is the earliest I have so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back